Manhunt: Unabomber - Discovery's new scripted series on the hunt for Ted Kaczynski

True. There is no evidence that his legal team did that though.

Well I think they should've been clear and honest with him from the beginning. If he didn't want to go with an insanity defense--if that was a morally repugnant option to him--then don't do it. The defendant is always supposed to be part of the decision-making process.

This show was fuckin brilliant, just binged it in a day.

Better than Mindhunter imo

Check it out peeps

I really enjoyed this one also. I learned a few things I didn't know before (like Harvard fucking him up). I still haven't separated all the facts and fiction from the show, but it was pretty interesting. The agent was kind of a dickhead, but I think it took someone with that kind of relentless determination to catch Kaczynki.

I really enjoyed this one also. I learned a few things I didn't know before (like Harvard fucking him up). I still haven't separated all the facts and fiction from the show, but it was pretty interesting. The agent was kind of a dickhead, but I think it took someone with that kind of relentless determination to catch Kaczynki.

They only caught him through a large dose of blind luck. If his brother hadn't seen the manifesto and recognized the handwriting and then also went to the F.B.I., they probably would never have caught him.

An angry Antisocial guy in a shack with too much time on his hands. Thank The Maker this man was caught in the mid-nineties. Many Sherdoggers would be wrongfully arrested if this manhunt occured in more recent history.
.... nnnnnope!
One of the first assessments was that he was highly intelligent and college educated. The progressive complexity of the devices left out a lot of people who had been suspects.

.... nnnnnope!
One of the first assessments was that he was highly intelligent and college educated. The progressive complexity of the devices left out a lot of people who had been suspects.
Are you not aware that Sherdog is a house of learned doctors? Antisocial, shack dwelling doctors - with too much time on their hands, to be more specific.

Hope they do a 2nd season of this show, with a different killer.

The production was great, hopefully it's not just a one off.

the writing was bad and the only even semi good characters were ted and the FBI guy who wasnt in command but who was the commands right hand

They only caught him through a large dose of blind luck. If his brother hadn't seen the manifesto and recognized the handwriting and then also went to the F.B.I., they probably would never have caught him.
Well yes, several things had to fall in place. If he hadn't written the manifesto in the first place, he wouldn't have been caught.

My point was that someone had to pursue the lead from Kaczynki's brother after it had already been dismissed. The agent shouldn't have been able to track Kaczynki's brother down through the attorney. He bent the rules, or benefitted from someone else breaking them, so he could catch him. But again, I'm not 100% sure what was real and what was Hollywood.

This show was fuckin brilliant, just binged it in a day.

Better than Mindhunter imo

Check it out peeps

Cool, man. Glad to hear you liked it.

I feel like it's a show that flew under a lot of people's radars even though it was actually one of the best things on TV at the time.

Discovery did a great job with their first scripted series.

Well yes, several things had to fall in place. If he hadn't written the manifesto in the first place, he wouldn't have been caught.

My point was that someone had to pursue the lead from Kaczynki's brother after it had already been dismissed. The agent shouldn't have been able to track Kaczynki's brother down through the attorney. He bent the rules, or benefitted from someone else breaking them, so he could catch him. But again, I'm not 100% sure what was real and what was Hollywood.

Ted wasn't your basic psychopathic killer. He had a fear of technology and his manifesto is a pretty wild read. We won't often see a guy like Kaczynski because he was a math prodigy, a professor, Harvard educated, and also the Unabomber. I think its one of the most fascinating cases in annals of crime.

I didn't really like anybody's portrayal, especially the awkwardness of the fictional agent when he tries to pretend to be stupid-smart and on Ted's side, but turns out to actually sympathize with him. The actor didn't pull that off at all. He stunk and was completely unlikable. I get that they wanted to fictionalize the entire thing to make it a compelling series, but I hated how they did it. Ted's portrayal was off too, but I thought the actor gave a really solid effort. They did throw in just enough of the actual story to keep me interested, but it made the FBI look like shit for no good reason.

I didn't really like anybody's portrayal, especially the awkwardness of the fictional agent when he tries to pretend to be stupid-smart and on Ted's side, but turns out to actually sympathize with him. The actor didn't pull that off at all. He stunk and was completely unlikable. I get that they wanted to fictionalize the entire thing to make it a compelling series, but I hated how they did it. Ted's portrayal was off too, but I thought the actor gave a really solid effort. They did throw in just enough of the actual story to keep me interested, but it made the FBI look like shit for no good reason.

Sensitive about the image of the FBI these days?

His brother ratted him out, case closed.

Cool, man. Glad to hear you liked it.

I feel like it's a show that flew under a lot of people's radars even though it was actually one of the best things on TV at the time.

Discovery did a great job with their first scripted series.

Yeah man my buddy just recommended it on Netflix, not sure if they just added it but I was hooked after the first episode. Feel like everyone should check it out if they liked Mindhunter, I feel this story is more gripping. And that show got a lot of positive reviews.

Back