Manny Pacquiao had a heart issue right before Matthysse fight had catheter inserted in heart

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
he was having heart issues before the fight, If this happened in the states that fight is getting called off.
pacquiao-2.jpg

PACMAN WENT THROUGH A PAINFUL MEDICAL PROCEDURE LESS THAN A WEEK BEFORE HIS FIGHT

GENERAL SANTOS CITY – Manny Pacquiao went through an angiogram to determine whether he is suffering from any heart problem less than a week before his fight against Argentinian slugger Lucas Matthysse.

Unknown to many, Pacquiao was rushed to Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital in Manila around 3:00 p.m. on July 8 after he complained about difficulty in breathing several times during the duration of his preparation for the July 15 Matthysse fight.

Nobody knew about this – not even a single member of his training team or immediate members of his family.

He didn’t want any member of his family to worry, the reason why he kept it to himself.

Jinkee and their children travelled to Malaysia via Singapore a week ahead of Team Pacquiao.

An angiogram is a test used to detect heart problems.

During the procedure, a long and thin flexible tube called a catheter was inserted into Pacquiao’s wrist all the way up to his heart. A dye was injected and x-ray pictures were taken.

Based on medical information, the special dye allows the X-rays to capture pictures of coronary arteries and highlights where the clogs or narrowed spots may be located.

Pacquiao together with about four or five members of his inner circle accompanied him to Cardinal Santos Memorial Hospital in Manila around 3:00 p.m. on July 8 to undergo an angiogram.

Team Pacquiao flew out to Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia, around 3:00 p.m. on July 9.

Pacquiao claimed that after the angiogram, the doctors told him he is suffering from an inborn hearth ailment and was even advised to call off the July 15 fight.

Pacquiao protested telling the attending doctors that the fight must go on no matter what happened. He was made to sign a waiver.

“I was required to run on a thread mill then an ECG was conducted. The result was quite amazing. The result showed that my heart rate and rhythm improve as my physical activity increases,” Pacquiao bared.

The electrocardiogram (ECG) is a diagnostic tool used to assess the electrical and muscular functions of the heart.

“The entire medical procedure was finished around 3:00 a.m. on July and at around 7:00 a.m., we flew back to General Santos. Those who were with me were saddened and crying. But I told them, don’t worry, I’ll be okay and I’ll do everything to win the fight,” Pacquiao claimed.

According to Pacquiao, he did not inform the members of his training team beforehand to avoid demoralization. Head trainer Buboy Fernandez learned about it only after Pacquiao’s visit to Cardinal Santos hospital.

“Buboy cried hard upon learning what happened. But I told him to stay strong and continue what he was doing. God will take care of the rest,” Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao did not train a day after arriving in Kuala Lumpur. Only the following day, a Wednesday, when he jogged around the Kuala Lumpur Botanical Garden then trained at the pop-up gym inside the Le Meridien Hotel.

Once again, Pacquiao showed his toughness and selflessness – risking his life to fulfill his mission which is to unite and make his countrymen proud and happy even momentarily.

http://philboxing.com/news/story-137994.html

that sounds pretty bad. ignoring health concerns and fighting with health complications is how boxers end up dead.

Once again, Pacquiao showed his toughness and selflessness – risking his life to fulfill his mission which is to unite and make his countrymen proud and happy even momentarily.

oh fuck off.

Funny how once they were actually in the ring it was Lucas who had serious heart problems.

Ron-Swanson-giggling1.gif

There won't be posters in this thread saying this is linked to steroid abuse. Definitely not.

If this is true, that's scary AF and makes me wish Pac would just retire even more.

Damn, he must really need the cash or something ...

Pacquiao claimed that after the angiogram, the doctors told him he is suffering from an inborn hearth ailment and was even advised to call off the July 15 fight.

Dunno why, but I automatically thought of Cristiano Ronaldo's heart ailment which he had an operation on when he was a teenager. It only took 3 days for him to recover from it.

Edit- This report in Tagalog is contrary from what is posted in the OP. Manny said himself that it was a precautionary thing and everything was ok. I doubt the validity of a source which couldn't spell "heart" correctly, lol.

Last edited:
"Didn't want his family to worry so he kept it to himself."

BS, he didn't want to lose the payday.

There won't be posters in this thread saying this is linked to steroid abuse. Definitely not.

If this is true, that's scary AF and makes me wish Pac would just retire even more.

Retire its been said during the espn broadcast that he owes over 20 million in tax in the usa and probably cant step foot on us soil because they will arrest him

He hasnt been here in a long time.

"Didn't want his family to worry so he kept it to himself."

BS, he didn't want to lose the payday.

People hide medical tests from their family all the time until they know everything is okay. There's no reason to freak everyone out, make them wait for your test, make them wait for the results, etc.

He really should retire now. He had a good win, it's time to bow out and take care of himself. Heart disease is a big problem with Filipinos.

Retire its been said during the espn broadcast that he owes over 20 million in tax in the usa and probably cant step foot on us soil because they will arrest him

He hasnt been here in a long time.
Really? Damn

This has to be bullshit..

If not then heads should roll. People should be fired for this.

Something tells me its not true tho.

People hide medical tests from their family all the time until they know everything is okay. There's no reason to freak everyone out, make them wait for your test, make them wait for the results, etc.

He really should retire now. He had a good win, it's time to bow out and take care of himself. Heart disease is a big problem with Filipinos.

How can he retire when he needs the money, that guy Mark Kreigal during the ESPN broadcast said Manny owes upwards of 20 million to the US and more to the Philippine government.

I don't think he has heart disease by a birth defect?

How can he retire when he needs the money, that guy Mark Kreigal during the ESPN broadcast said Manny owes upwards of 20 million to the US and more to the Philippine government.

I don't think he has heart disease by a birth defect?

He might. My mom found out about her heart defect when she was close to 50. The same heart defect that Teddy Bruschi (NFL football player) found out he had in his early 30s when he randomly had a stroke. It's called patent foramen ovale.

My girlfriend's father passed away when he was only 50 or so from heart disease, due to an issue he was previously unaware of. These things are common, unfortunately.

it could be roids or more likely, pac is just a neurotic basketcase, he always has some calf/shoulder issue doesn't he? Chris leben was found to need a heart transplant, due to drugs most likely and i hear the other day he's gonna fight, fighters ain't always the brightest guys in the world.

He might. My mom found out about her heart defect when she was close to 50. The same heart defect that Teddy Bruschi (NFL football player) found out he had in his early 30s when he randomly had a stroke. It's called patent foramen ovale.

My girlfriend's father passed away when he was only 50 or so from heart disease, due to an issue he was previously unaware of. These things are common, unfortunately.
that scared me, a few years ago i was jumping rope and had a burning sensation in my chest, i'm pretty sure it was acid reflux or an old sternum injury from working out with jackasses but I never found out. I've done lots of hard jobs since that time and never felt anything like that so I don't know. Lots of things mimic other conditions. But.., as I learned from my idol Bruce Lee anything can go wrong at anytime, hell, they still don't really know what killed him.

Thats scary stuff man.

Back