Manny Pacquiao says he is in talks to fight Lomachenko on April on ESPN

A dangerous lie? There's a difference between a lie and a mistake. I assumed if Oscar cut all the way down to 145 that it would be at 145. Why lose the extra 2 pounds if he didn't need to?

The narrative is that someone said it wasn't fair for Pacquiao to fight under 140 to face Loma yet Oscar dropped to 145 to fight Pacquiao. Whether the fight was at 145 or 147 is irrelevant because for Oscar it was still more weight to cut than Pacquiao will have to cut to fight Loma even if Pac had to get down to 135. So where is this bias agenda that you're trying to make out?

I said the same thing about Rigo. It made more sense for rigo vs loma to be at 126 than 130. In this case making loma jump up to 140 or over to face pacquiao is unfair. Making the fight at 135 is more reasonable because Pac is very light as it is. I'm sure that weight wouldn't be too difficult for both of them.

Oscar was on his retirement tour when he fought Pac. He had a year long layoff and wanted two or three more fights before calling it a career. He came back and fought at Welterweight (147) against Steve Forbes angling for an extremely lucrative rematch with Floyd. Floyd retired, killing his plan, but Pac was willing to move up from Lightweight to fight him at Welterweight. Prior to Oscar coming back as a Welterweight, he was fighting at Junior Middleweight (154). Prior to that he was fighting at Middleweight. Why lose an extra couple pounds if Oscar didn't need to? To come in lighter against arguably the fastest fighter in the sport at the time in Pac.

Roach said no to 135 for Pac so if this fight does ever happen then it'd have to be at 138 or 140. Pac would risk draining himself to make 135 and he's the A-side. It wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
It's kind of odd how he is the obvious A-side but I can't see him winning this at all.

Unfortunately Pac is old now and doing his political stuff. It's taken his focus off of boxing and is distracting him imo. I know he doesn't like it, he's said that much. He does want to continue boxing but Freddie has been urging him like crazy to retire after the Horn fight. I was surprised that in their fight Horn was able to outmaneuver Manny at times, pivoting and using angled sidesteps to get around him similar to what Loma does with the matador impressions. Come to think of it, Horn had requested Loma as his chief sparring partner for Pac to emulate him in camp but never got him.

I'd like to see what Pac looks like at 140 (no lower than that). Maybe fight a contender or lower end titleholder there as a test run. He's just giving up too much size at Welterweight and these larger guys are able to take the punishment. Who knows, a move to 140 could help rejuvenate his career for a short while if he could work out the politics in the Philippines.

At 140, Pacquiao beats Loma, if the fight isn't fixed, I don't think in a million years Loma takes Pacquiao"s punching power at 140, pounds. There's no way in hell, Loma"s chin isn't that good and he's to small.

Interested to know, how do you know Loma's chin isn't that good since we've never even him seen him rocked? He got put down one time in his whole amateur career of almost 400 fights and then got back up to dominate the fight. What makes you think he doesn't have a good chin?

Thought he wanted to fight the best. Rigo jumped two weight classes and Pac is way past it.
He didn't chase either fight, they were/are chasing him! What don't you get about that?

Like Freddie Roach said, Pac should fight Horn or retire.

Problem is Horn wouldn't go to Pac's homeland and Pac won't go back to Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome because Master Blaster runs Bartertown.

I am not a fan of Pacman but he certainly deserves a soft touch retirement fight. He's given his fans and enemies so many amazing fights for so many years. Asking him to fight someone he will probably lose to is 100% bullshit.

The Horn fight was ugly. Lots of holding from Horn and when he did fight he came at Manny like a scared retard. Manny hit him harder and did more damage from actual punches. The cuts Manny received were from head butts. The Loma fight is the better one for Manny. Loma can actually box and is a bigger name than Horn. Everybody knows Manny is better than Horn. Maybey that fight can happen, or happen after. But it will be on Manny's terms. Don't know why you think Manny would 100% loose to Loma. I mean Loma is great to be sure and very well could win, but i think Manny still has KO pop at 140.

<{titihmm}> .

I mean Loma is great to be sure and very well could win, but i think Manny still has KO pop at 140.

He hasn't knocked out anyone in the last 9 years. His power isn't there anymore and I don't think dropping a few pounds will make any difference.

In his last 9 fights he lost 4 times including being knocked out cold himself. Loma won't lose to a guy who is basically a 50/50 fighter at this point. Especially one who fights as clean as Pac does. It will take someone like Salido who is dirty as hell to throw Loma off his game.

You seem to be looking at Pac as though he's the same guy he was 10 or 15 years ago. He's not. A prime Pacman hurts Loma and probably drops him with his ridiculous speed/power/recklessness a few times but that just isn't who he is anymore.

Jusus Christ guys. You guys act like Pac is going to be fighting Crawford. I like is this fight. It's a good test for Loma and if he wins he gets another big name on his record. I think Manny can still bang a little. He's not as fast as he used to be but he is still fast enough to cause problems. And he might still have more pop than Loma. It has the potential to be a fun fight, IMO.

<NightKingBringIt>LET MANNY BANG BRO'S !!

He can go bang. I just don't give a shit and am not going to buy it or care.

Meh, about like Duran fighting Camacho.

Just use simple logic, you have a fighter who naturally hits as hard as a 155 pound fighter, who moved up to 147 and can basically hurt and knockdown super middle weights. Fighting a fighter that naturally is a 130 pound fighter, probably moving up to 147, who basically couldn't take the power and strength of Salido, who isn't a great puncher himself, is suppose to take the power from a 147, pound fighter, that has bone braking power. Also Loma is already 29 years old, so his moving up in weight is very limited. Loma is probably only moving up to 140 pounds and not 147, the fighters at 147, would be naturally to strong for him.

You really think Loma could take the power from punchers like Crawford, Spence jr and Thurman, I doubt a poster on this message board believes that and now, Loma is suppose to take Pacquiaos punching power, who hits just as hard as all of them, I don't think so.

Look Loma is a good fighter, but this hyping up his skills and boxing abilities is getting out of hand.

People are actually calling him the perfect fighter and he hasn't proven anything yet, its going to come back haunt everyone, when he loses real bad, against an good, but not great fighter.

It already happened, he lost to Salido and he will lose again, against another good, but not great fighter.

Just to bring back your memory, on how Loma got his ass beat, that night. Oh and Floyd was also hit with massive low blows and he still won and like everyone said, Mayweather just has to man up and take it, no excuses, this is boxing.
But points should of been taken away from Salido, just like points should of been taken away from Maidana, that night.

Lomachenko vs Salido.

Just use simple logic, you have a fighter who naturally hits as hard as a 155 pound fighter, who moved up to 147 and can basically hurt and knockdown super middle weights. Fighting a fighter that naturally is a 130 pound fighter, probably moving up to 147, who basically couldn't take the power and strength of Salido, who isn't a great puncher himself, is suppose to take the power from a 147, pound fighter, that has bone braking power. Also Loma is already 29 years old, so his moving up in weight is very limited. Loma is probably only moving up to 140 pounds and not 147, the fighters at 147, would be naturally to strong for him.

You really think Loma could take the power from punchers like Crawford, Spence jr and Thurman, I doubt a poster on this message board believes that and now, Loma is suppose to take Pacquiaos punching power, who hits just as hard as all of them, I don't think so.

Look Loma is a good fighter, but this hyping up his skills and boxing abilities is getting out of hand.

People are actually calling him the perfect fighter and he hasn't proven anything yet, its going to come back haunt everyone, when he loses real bad, against an good, but not great fighter.

It already happened, he lost to Salido and he will lose again, against another good, but not great fighter.

Just to bring back your memory, on how Loma got his ass beat, that night. Oh and Floyd was also hit with massive low blows and he still won and like everyone said, Mayweather just has to man up and take it, no excuses, this is boxing.
But points should of been taken away from Salido, just like points should of been taken away from Maidana, that night.

Lomachenko vs Salido.

I asked you a question earlier which you have totally avoided answering. I'll repeat it. What makes you think that Loma has a bad chin? That's what you claimed. No one is claiming Lomachenko can take a full power shot from Manny on the chin and be ok so I don't know why you're going on about that. Just show me some proof that Loma has a bad chin like you claimed. That's all. No need for a mountain of irrelevant text from you.

And as for the Salido fight, Loma didn't complain once which was actually his biggest mistake. And don't even try and compare what Salido did to what Maidana did to Floyd. Salido landed over 100 low blows on Loma. That has to be some sort of record for low blows. I've never seen anything like that before.

Just use simple logic, you have a fighter who naturally hits as hard as a 155 pound fighter, who moved up to 147 and can basically hurt and knockdown super middle weights.

He hasn't knocked out ANYONE in 9 fucking years let alone "super middle weights" like you suggest. He lost 4 out of his last 9 fights, one by being brutally knocked out himself. This power punching Pacman you are imagining hasn't existed for more than a decade.

He hasn't knocked out anyone in the last 9 years. His power isn't there anymore and I don't think dropping a few pounds will make any difference.

In his last 9 fights he lost 4 times including being knocked out cold himself. Loma won't lose to a guy who is basically a 50/50 fighter at this point. Especially one who fights as clean as Pac does. It will take someone like Salido who is dirty as hell to throw Loma off his game.

You seem to be looking at Pac as though he's the same guy he was 10 or 15 years ago. He's not. A prime Pacman hurts Loma and probably drops him with his ridiculous speed/power/recklessness a few times but that just isn't who he is anymore.

I'm not saying Pac would def win. But I still feel he has a chance. It would be a fun fight IMO. I already aknowlaged he has lost a couple of steps, but so what?? He is not in any trouble from Loma other than possibly being out boxed by LOMA to a decision. He will not stop Manny or make him quit IMO.

<Fedor23>So feel free to hate all you want.

I'm not saying Pac would def win. But I still feel he has a chance. It would be a fun fight IMO. I already aknowlaged he has lost a couple of steps, but so what?? He is not in any trouble from Loma other than possibly being out boxed by LOMA to a decision. He will not stop Manny or make him quit IMO.

<Fedor23>So feel free to hate all you want.

You are beyond dense.

Not wanting Pacman to be squeezed by that dirtbag Arum yet again isn't hate. I am the one saying Pac deserves better. All legendary fighters deserve an easy touch retirement highlight fight and even though I'm not a Pac fan I appreciate everything he's done for boxing over the last 20ish years. I said in my first post here that Pac would probably lose by wide decision and not take a ton of damage but he should go out on a win not a fucking lopsided defeat setup only to line Arum's pockets in the future with Loma.

You Bob Arum's daughter or something? Praying he can milk Pacman for a few million one last time so you can buy a new purse and maybe the vagina tightening surgery that is so popular now?

He hasn't knocked out ANYONE in 9 fucking years let alone "super middle weights" like you suggest. He lost 4 out of his last 9 fights, one by being brutally knocked out himself. This power punching Pacman you are imagining hasn't existed for more than a decade.

Knockdown, not knock out, I said Manny has the power to knockdown a super welter weight boxer and i wasn't talking about the best super welter weight fighters, but was talking about general super welter weight fighters, obviously, not the champions at, super welter weight, but he could knock them down.

You actually think Manny couldn't knock out a 130, pound fighter who is already 29, years old, your that brainwashed as a fan of Loma, that you actually think, Pacqiuao couldn't knock Loma out.

Then Rigo defiantly wasn't to small for Loma, when everyone was saying he was, now Manny isn't to big for Loma, him and his team won't even take this fight, because Pacqiuao is to dam big for him and Pacqiuao would have to fight Loma at 135, pounds and you and I know, Pacqiuao can't make that weight anymore, so this fight isn't happening, so stop trying to hype Loma up, into this super human boxer, you are trying to make him into.

You are beyond dense.

Not wanting Pacman to be squeezed by that dirtbag Arum yet again isn't hate. I am the one saying Pac deserves better. All legendary fighters deserve an easy touch retirement highlight fight and even though I'm not a Pac fan I appreciate everything he's done for boxing over the last 20ish years. I said in my first post here that Pac would probably lose by wide decision and not take a ton of damage but he should go out on a win not a fucking lopsided defeat setup only to line Arum's pockets in the future with Loma.

You Bob Arum's daughter or something? Praying he can milk Pacman for a few million one last time so you can buy a new purse and maybe the vagina tightening surgery that is so popular now?

You keep bringing Arum into this, and I don't know why. Manny is the juan who signed the contract. I suppose at the end of the day he considers himself a fighter and not a promoter.

Although, yes - it would be more lucrative for himself to be the promoter.

Stop projecting your own inadequacies towards me. Manny doesn't need you worrying about him.

<34> . BITCH.

I agree with that but against Lomachenko, Pac would have a size and power advantage that he hasn't had in years.

That said, Pac is too old to beat anyone decent in their prime.

Loma is probably only moving up to 140 pounds and not 147, the fighters at 147, would be naturally to strong for him.[/MEDIA]
No one ever thought Manny would fight at 147 or thereabout either when he was fighting at flyweight. No one thought Roberto Duran would fight at Light Heavy way back when he was dominating at lightweight. Ya, they were much more effective in their primes but both were surprisingly competitive against much bigger fighters before Father Time asserted himself. Hard to say where Lomachenko's ceiling will be for sure as long as he's well conditioned.

If it ends up happening, might be a PPV worthy card. Don't expect the sales to be particularly strong like the million mark. But as long as it does 600k, its a success.

Just hold the card in New York City which has a large Filipino population, and the Eastern European population in the Tri-State is huge.

Put Artur Beterbiev on the undercard. Once again, strong Russian and Muslim populations in New York and North East. And definitely have a Mexican in there as well to boost those PPV sales.

If it ends up happening, might be a PPV worthy card. Don't expect the sales to be particularly strong like the million mark. But as long as it does 600k, its a success.

Just hold the card in New York City which has a large Filipino population, and the Eastern European population in the Tri-State is huge.

Put Artur Beterbiev on the undercard. Once again, strong Russian and Muslim populations in New York and North East. And definitely have a Mexican in there as well to boost those PPV sales.

There are about the same amount of Filipinos in Nevada as there are in New York (and by far the biggest population in the US is in nearby California). I can maybe see the Eastern European angle for Lomachenko in NYC, but I doubt that outweighs the economic advantages of holding the fight in Vegas as opposed to New York (higher site fees, much lower taxes, etc.). More than that, they'd probably throw Valdez on as the next biggest name on the card.

I doubt the fight ever happens, but if it did, it would almost certainly happen in Vegas.

Back