Manny Pacquiao says he is in talks to fight Lomachenko on April on ESPN

There are about the same amount of Filipinos in Nevada as there are in New York (and by far the biggest population in the US is in nearby California). I can maybe see the Eastern European angle for Lomachenko in NYC, but I doubt that outweighs the economic advantages of holding the fight in Vegas as opposed to New York (higher site fees, much lower taxes, etc.). More than that, they'd probably throw Valdez on as the next biggest name on the card.

I doubt the fight ever happens, but if it did, it would almost certainly happen in Vegas.

Factoring all the demographics together, NYC is a strong location. Especially if Beterbiev ends up on it. There's still 270k Filipinos in the Tri-State. Travel is much easier than a flight from Cali to Nevada.

Kovalev fights there for a reason. You need to factor the Ukraine and Eastern Euro population, which is entirely North East based. 1/3 of the Ukrainian population there. Many of whom are likely to purchase tickets; they're financially better off than the Filipino population.

Chances are it will be in Vegas, and might not even be PPV.

Factoring all the demographics together, NYC is a strong location. Especially if Beterbiev ends up on it. There's still 270k Filipinos in the Tri-State. Travel is much easier than a flight from Cali to Nevada.

Kovalev fights there for a reason. You need to factor the Ukraine and Eastern Euro population, which is entirely North East based. 1/3 of the Ukrainian population there. Many of whom are likely to purchase tickets; they're financially better off than the Filipino population.

Chances are it will be in Vegas, and might not even be PPV.

I'm aware of why Eastern European fighters tend to fight in the northeast (or Chicago if they're Polish), I'm just saying that's not enough to outweigh the other benefits of staging it in Vegas. Of course, chances are it won't happen, period.

This will have to be at 140 from what Roach said a while back. He doesn't want Pac drained, which is understandable, unless Pac can do something like a 138 catch (Pac said he can still make 135 but he hasn't competed at that weight in forever). I think 140 is fair if this fight is made. Pac-Horn did 4.4 million viewers on ESPN IIRC and Loma-Rigo did 1.73 million (average) and peaked at 2.1 million. Pac-Loma would do high numbers. Nobody had really heard of Horn and him and Manny still did 4.4 million viewers which is quite impressive.
It would do 5m average. no way it happens tho

I'd never totally count pac out but at this point it's definitely lomas fight to win

His camp is currently pursuing a fight against Lomachenko, the reigning super featherweight champion. Pacquiao is hoping that the fight will be held in April, so he can train while Congress is taking a break.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/01/17/18/pacquiao-not-retiring-eyes-lomachenko-fight

Some of the article is in English but I dont understand filipino but the article says Pacquiao and Lomachenko.
Manny must really need the money as this is going to be a worse humiliation than Loma-rigo. I say this a long time Manny fan.

I feel bad for whoever pays for this shit show.
Why is it a shit show? Ill watch it its intriguing, young lion vs old lion, Pac will finally fight someone more his size its a great passing of the torch figh for Loma.

Why is it a shit show? Ill watch it its intriguing, young lion vs old lion, Pac will finally fight someone more his size its a great passing of the torch figh for Loma.

What fucking torch? Pac isn't a world champion anymore.

Why no call it what it is ? Everyone pass the hat around for Pac.

What fucking torch? Pac isn't a world champion anymore.

Why no call it what it is ? Everyone pass the hat around for Pac.
Was Oscar de la hoya a champion when he fought Pac and called pac up to 147? no, but that fight is what propelled Manny into superstar status, same could happen for Lomachenko

I dont get why you are so mad at this fight you have some anger over something that isnt even worth anger, who cares its a good fight to put Lomachenko over, he is also bigger than Manny so Manny coming down to a more natural weight for him and not having to fight bigger guys anymore would make people be more intrigued.

Loma can beat Manny just don't cut weight and then go back down to 130 or 35.

Its a great opportunity, just like when Leon Spinks beat an aging Muhammad Ali, Spinks only had a handful of fights before fighting Ali and that fight put hm on the map.

Back