Manny Pacquiao thread of doom (DON'T POST BELOW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtlunajuice

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
berto was in the "welterweight neighborhood" kellerman and lampley were going over on saturday night. since a floyd fight is not likely soon, mosley has had 2 bad performances and seems on his way out and pac has already demolished cotto and marg... i feel this would be a very exciting fight, if not as big of a draw as the previous fighters mentioned. who do you think takes this one?

I'd rather see Floyd vs Berto.

But I think Pac beats Berto pretty easily.

Pacquiao. But give Berto 3-4 years and will reallyu get competitive

I will never doubt Manny ever again. I thought DLH, Hatton, and Cotto where going to be too big for him. I also thought Margarito would be his hardest fight to date. And I was wrong every time. This guy is a freak of nature and amazes me more and more every time. I would never bet against him.

No one knows who Berto is. If anything, I'd rather see him fight the winner of Bradly v. Alexander.

I will never doubt Manny ever again. I thought DLH, Hatton, and Cotto where going to be too big for him. I also thought Margarito would be his hardest fight to date. And I was wrong every time. This guy is a freak of nature and amazes me more and more every time. I would never bet against him.

Lets hope he stays away from Williams and Martinez then.

berto is a different beast though. he's got very quick hands and has better defense than the guys Pac has faced recently with the exception of maybe Cotto.

i'd like to see berto fight a champion @ 140 before he serves as a tuneup fight for either pac or mayweather. lol. just kidding but pac & mayweather are years ahead of their competition @ 147 and below.

I just want to see him vs a mobile fighter. I don't care who it is aslong as it's not another stationary punching bag.

I just want to see him vs a mobile fighter. I don't care who it is aslong as it's not another stationary punching bag.

Cotto's a damn fine boxer but once you get hit hard and often instinct is to survive. At 147 and under there's one good fight for Pac... and it sure as hell ain't Berto.

if collazo hurt berto then pac would murder him,berto is overhyped

Pacquiao would most likely beat just about any fighter who can make the Welterweight limit of 147 pounds with the exception of Williams (who I think hasn't made 147 in more then 2 years I believe and is currently fighting for the linear Middleweight, not sure he counts anymore.)

Berto gasses, gets KTFO in 5.

Mosley vs Berto needs to happen.

Pac is a bad style matchup for Berto. For someone with fast hands, Berto has some slow feet. Pac could play that in-and-out that he like to do on Berto. But if Berto can time him, his rear hand uppercut could give Pac problems and put him in trouble.

Berto probably represents the most danger to Pac at 147 or below (other than the obvious). He has some pop and very fast hands. Faster than Pac has seen in a LONG time. It would be fun while it lasted. Berto woud have to get him out of there in less than 6 for him to have a shot at actually winning. The longer it goes the more it favors Pac.

pacquiao would destroy berto.

i don't think berto is as good as people (or hbo) says he is. i'm also not a fan of his fight style.

It's funny that really the only time Pacquiao's opponents have looked like punching bags is when they faced Pacquiao.

Maybe Pacquiao is just that good and everyone else will end up as punching bags as well?

Andre Berto and Paul Williams are under Al Haymon, so I'm not quite sure why they are trotted out given Arum vs. Haymon right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back