Manny Pacquiao to fight on Jeff Horn undercard

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pa...-124355?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The return of eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) is being lined to return to the ring as part of the April 21 card, which is going to feature Terence Crawford challenging Jeff Horn for the WBO welterweight title.

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is looking to have the card take place on April 21 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. ESPN would televise both fights.

But the venue and location is up in the air, because NHL team the Golden Knights might need the venue for the NHL playoffs, which are scheduled to begin April 11. The Golden Knights lead the Pacific Division with 61 points.

Pac on an undercard feels fucking weird.

I'm hearing Pac/Alvarado or Pac/Ponomarev

Ponomarev isn't a terrible opponent, but Alvarado will be a beatdown assuming Pac has even a tenth of his ability left

to hype up the next fight for the passing of the torch to the winner of Crawford/Horn. Pac will be a lamb to be sacrificed.

I still can't believe Vegas has a hockey team. Surely there were more logical places to for an expansion team.

Please don't be true. Hopefully this is just a marketing ploy to sell the other fight.

Pac vs. Danny Garcia in his retirement fight.

I still can't believe Vegas has a hockey team. Surely there were more logical places to for an expansion team.

Could be. But Vegas is just a huge city regardless; I've always been surprised they didn't have a major sports team until recently. More than enough people who live there to put butts in seats, not to mention the tourism.

Please don't be true. Hopefully this is just a marketing ploy to sell the other fight.
My first thought as well.

Pac vs. Danny Garcia in his retirement fight.
My second thought was not to set up Pac for a potential thrashing in his retirement fight. I don't think that is a favorable matchup. Is it just me?

My second thought was not to set up Pac for a potential thrashing in his retirement fight. I don't think that is a favorable matchup. Is it just me?
Its not just you, pac fans think hes 30 and can beat top 5 p4p guys still lmao

Ponomarev isn't a terrible opponent, but Alvarado will be a beatdown assuming Pac has even a tenth of his ability left
Makes sense since Pono and Alvarado are both Top Rank.

Alvarado had KOTY contender his last fight, but Ponomarev is a bigger threat to Pacquiao. And nobody wants to see Crawford vs Ponomarev next

Its not just you, pac fans think hes 30 and can beat top 5 p4p guys still lmao

I'll admit that Danny is a tall order for Pac at this point, but it's a winnable fight because Danny's basic style is similar to guys like Cotto or Hatton - something Pac has been consistently good against.

Ya i dont want to see that fight

WOW pacman fighting on an undercard?? Thats an absolute disgrace!! They should make him retire before ever putting him on an undercard!! He is obviously being used by scumbg arum to promote crawford!!!

sick to my stomach over this!

Back