Manny Pacquiao vs Conor McGregor ...Really Manny?

Lost respect for a guy trying to make the most money possible at his profession. You sound like a real winner bud....
Im not a money fights fan. I am a fan of true competition. You clearly are not. When a very respected fighter in Manny say this pre MayMac... “McGregor has no chance in this fight. In fact, it could be very boring,”
“There is no way he will be able to land a meaningful punch on Floyd. How could he? He has no professional experience in boxing"

And your a respected legend who claimed it wasn't good for boxing turns around and does the same. You rather fight a guy as he said with no pro experience getting Floyds sloppy seconds than try to get back the belt some school teacher in Australia took. Gotta have guts.

Like you wouldn't take an easy fight for 100+ million dollars. Seriously, stfu.
? Your an idiot. Sure I would, I also dont already have a million dollars. Im not a boxer. 100 million, lol they wish this fight would make that.

If he wins his fight this month, Crawford is his mandatory. Won't be hearing about him too much longer. Arum has wanted Crawford to face Pac for a while now.
Gotta love all the McGregor fan boys in here that just wanna see Conor fight and hopefully win with a lucky punch. Others like me here would like to see Manny fight some real boxers. Guaranteed boxing and MMA analysts eat Manny up for this. Its a joke

MMA Fighter challenging boxer to mma fight....pathetic.
Boxer calling out MMA fighter to boxing match....pathetic.
MMA fighter calling out boxer to boxing match...not pathetic.
Boxer calling out MMA fighter to MMA fight....never gonna happen.
Agreed. Can def tell between the trolls and the true brains on this forum. Just look at join dates. Those with join dates 2014 and newer that know anything I feel bad for they are drowned out by the Shertrolls Post McGregor/Rousey era who wanna see Conor fight the world. Maybe he can fight The Rock next?

Im not a money fights fan. I am a fan of true competition. You clearly are not. When a very respected fighter in Manny say this pre MayMac... “McGregor has no chance in this fight. In fact, it could be very boring,”
“There is no way he will be able to land a meaningful punch on Floyd. How could he? He has no professional experience in boxing"

And your a respected legend who claimed it wasn't good for boxing turns around and does the same. You rather fight a guy as he said with no pro experience getting Floyds sloppy seconds than try to get back the belt some school teacher in Australia took. Gotta have guts.
At the end of his career I don't blame a guy like Manny trying to make the most amount of money possible before he retires.

At the end of his career I don't blame a guy like Manny trying to make the most amount of money possible before he retires.
Until he goes in there a miracle occurs for McGregor and sleeps Manny in 13 seconds he can enjoy his millions while being the newest joke in boxing being remembered as the boxer Conor McGregor knocked out. As long as the born again christian who claims he dont fight for money enjoys it.

MMA Fighter challenging boxer to mma fight....pathetic.
Boxer calling out MMA fighter to boxing match....pathetic.
MMA fighter calling out boxer to boxing match...not pathetic.
Boxer calling out MMA fighter to MMA fight....never gonna happen.
He lost but he did call out Dana for a fight against anyone in the UFC...

jamestoney08.jpg

So it has happened...

He lost but he did call out Dana for a fight against anyone in the UFC...

jamestoney08.jpg

So it has happened...
I thought about prefacing it with "Top/Champion" boxer because of Toney and the likes of Ray mercer. If anything it's because of James Toney that it won't happen. That fight was back when boxers like Bernard Hopkins called MMA "bar fighting." They've learned their lesson to stay in their lane since.

If he wins his fight this month, Crawford is his mandatory. Won't be hearing about him too much longer. Arum has wanted Crawford to face Pac for a while now.
Did Manny turn down a remstch, though? I thought there was a rematch clause

Conor McGregor is the Willy Wonka golden ticket of boxing.

You can have everything you could ever need, but you’ll never have that golden ticket. McGregor is all reward with no risk and no effort.

It’s too hard for Manny to resist the irresistible temptation.

I thought about prefacing it with "Top/Champion" boxer because of Toney and the likes of Ray mercer. If anything it's because of James Toney that it won't happen. That fight was back when boxers like Bernard Hopkins called MMA "bar fighting." They've learned their lesson to stay in their lane since.
Besides the pay right...

"Manny Pacquiao: I've reached out to Conor McGregor about April boxing match"

Am I alone when saying that its very disappointing that Manny has gone this low where he is calling out an MMA fighter?

Sure its Conor McGregor but c'mon. Pacman is a legend! What is he trying to prove here? Show the world he can beat a guy with a pro record of 0-1? Show that he can knock Conor out in the first round? Does he think Conor really was giving Floyd problems? When you call out somebody at least have the guts to go to their sport and take care of business.

Thats why the money fight was intriguing. Conor called out Floyd and challenged him to a boxing match. The question was can this super popular MMA fighter, the underdog come in and do what 49 boxers couldnt and defeat Floyd Mayweather. The fight was meant to be entertaining, we all knew the outcome. Anyone with a brain knows Floyd carried Conor 10 rounds to give people a great show. Thats it.

I lost respect after finding out that a legend like Manny Pacquiao challenged Conor. If I find out he will be donating his purse to a charity than Im all for it. This is greedy coming from a born again christian willing to give an MMA fighter brain damage for a payday. Good for you Manny.
Conor carried Floyd mate, he just gassed allowing Floyd a window of opportunity.

The UFC pulled the "no one knows who he is" card when Kermit Cintron stepped up and offered to fight Sean Sherk.

The UFC pulled the "no one knows who he is" card when Kermit Cintron stepped up and offered to fight Sean Sherk.
Cintron wasn't well know outside of boxing back then. He had a high school wrestling background which is why he spoke up. But with only high school experience think he would have gotten mauled too. It might not have been as bad as Toney flopping around like a fish out of water but mark my words, had he no grappling experience...he wouldn't have wanted any where near the octagon.

Manny had so many wars and gave us so much as boxing fans, I think he deserves to koed Conor stiff.

I just read someone said De la hoya called Donor out too. Lmfao. Someone should tell Tyson to get on a serious diet and take to twitter. Gurtantee Mike Vs Conor breaks the Floyd PPV record.

Cintron wasn't well know outside of boxing back then. He had a high school wrestling background which is why he spoke up. But with only high school experience think he would have gotten mauled too. It might not have been as bad as Toney flopping around like a fish out of water but mark my words, had he no grappling experience...he wouldn't have wanted any where near the octagon.

As opposed to the megastar that was Sean Sherk? Cintron and Sherk were on a far more even playing field than Sherk and Floyd Mayweather. Cintron wasn't brain damaged or morbidly obese enough to warrant the risk factor.

As opposed to the megastar that was Sean Sherk? Cintron and Sherk were on a far more even playing field than Sherk and Floyd Mayweather. Cintron wasn't brain damaged or morbidly obese enough to warrant the risk factor.
No idea what your point is exactly. What does Sherk's stardom have to do with the equation. He was the LW champ. I was just addressing the fact that, yes, Cintron, a boxer, kind of called out a mixed martial artist in Sherk. My original post said that a boxer calling out a mixed martial artist to a mma fight "will never happen." It's obviously happened and I knew of those two instances (Cintron and Toney) and the few others. Cintron was a capable boxer but he wasn't well known. He wasn't even well known to the casual boxing fan at the time. So it would have been a hard sell. The UFC is in the business of making money, not proving mixed martial artists can beat up boxers.

No idea what your point is exactly. What does Sherk's stardom have to do with the equation. He was the LW champ. I was just addressing the fact that, yes, Cintron, a boxer, kind of called out a mixed martial artist in Sherk. My original post said that a boxer calling out a mixed martial artist to a mma fight "will never happen." It's obviously happened and I knew of those two instances (Cintron and Toney) and the few others. Cintron was a capable boxer but he wasn't well known. He wasn't even well known to the casual boxing fan at the time. So it would have been a hard sell. The UFC is in the business of making money, not proving mixed martial artists can beat up boxers.

It wouldn't have been a hard sell at all. All they had to do was sell the fact that this guy was a boxing champion (which he legitimately was at the time) and that would've been enough.) It wouldn't have drawn as much money as Mayweather but it still would've drawn far more than any other fight for Sherk.

Blatantly obvious why the UFC didn't take him up on his offer.

Cintron was a power puncher in his prime who was a better high school wrestler than Sherk. It was a relatively dangerous proposition for the UFC without massive upside (granted, there would still be upside), which is why he was completely ignored.

Back