treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Kuala Lumpur on June 24th

gameover_by_doctorworm1987-d9q6446.gif

Oof. Manny better be cautious.

Is it a PPV card or will it be on ESPN?

I actually like this fight a lot better than Pac/Garcia fight that was been talked about

This is a good fight for both of them at this point is Manny insists on continuing his career.

If Pacman is the same version of himself that fought Horn he's a dead man. Matty is a pretty shit boxer but if you come forward and just trade with him he'll kill you.

If Pacman is still a good fighter and the Horn fight was some kind of Australian anomaly it will be a great fight and Pac can win. So the only question is how washed up is he at this point because after a bunch of time off Matty looks pretty fresh.

“If he hits him cleanly, he’ll kill him!” has been used to justify more wrong picks in boxing than almost any other reason. I don’t think Mattyse in good enough or quick enough to land cleanly so his power won’t be a factor.

Why don’t they make one of these fights in Manila?

Source on this? All I'm seeing is that there is "interest" in this fight.

We've heard this alot over the years, Manny is going to some 3rd world country to fight this guy then it turns out to be false.

Style wise, Pac is still a bad match up for Matthyse. But the way he looked in the Horn fight, I really don’t know. He’s fallen off a lot. I could see this winding up a bloody slug fest.

All the ingredients for a final disaster are falling into place.

Source on this? All I'm seeing is that there is "interest" in this fight.

We've heard this alot over the years, Manny is going to some 3rd world country to fight this guy then it turns out to be false.

Good question, i've read that the source was MP Promotions, but he/they dont even seem to have a fucking website.

Manny fights who Arum says he fights and where, sorry Lucas...

Haven’t seen it officially announced anywhere? If it happens, Matthysse isn’t exactly in his prime form either. I’d take Pac to beat him.

I hope so. This is probably the only fight I'd wanna see Manny in. He is an ATG and really doesn't need to prove anything. Putting him in with Crawford or Lomachenko doesn't really make any sense, except from the point of view of promotional availability. This fight, to me, is a fair match. Matty can punch, and Pac has underrated boxing IQ.

Good fight.

Not exactly an official announcement, but sounds like there is some movement on this.

http://m.philboxing.com/news/story-134840.html

Also interesting to note it doesn't currently appear Freddie Roach will be training him for this fight:

"Restituto “Buboy” Fernandez, Nonoy Neri and Roger “Haplas” Fernandez will take charge once the training camp starts.

Buboy Fernandez, Pacquiao’s bosom buddy and assistant trainer for years, assured the boxing fans this will be an exciting fight."

Back