Manon Fiorot hasn't really be tested

Two strawweights lol. Teeny tiny Tabatha Ricci? A test? Ricci took that fight in a week notice so she could get signed. The fact that Manon’s last win was against a week notice Strawweight (who’s even small for that division) says a lot. Then we have Rose, coming off the loss to Esparza, moving up in weight for the first time. Still went to a lackluster decision. Rose broke her finger in the 1st round, too.
It's pretty asinine to dismiss fighters as "strawweights" considering half the division has fought at strawweight, including the current champ. Chookagian and Maia have been mainstays in the top 5 since the division was created. Also lol at trying to portray decisioning Rose as a bad thing. You're trying to do the same BS nitpicking that can be done with anyone's resume.

Fiorot has as good a resume as anyone in the division. Doesn't mean she is going to get the title, but to pretend she hasn't been tested is absolutely ludicrous.

There's a bigger size difference between flyweights and bantamweights than between strawweights and flyweights. Some bantamweights, like Holm and Nunes, walk around at 170. They're huge compared to most flyweights.

Strawweights and flyweights are not that different in size. There're several strawweights that walk around heavier than Valentina. They just cut a lot of weight to face smaller opponents. Ribas was 143lbs against Rodriguez. If she ever faced Val, she would outweigh her by more than 10 lbs inside the cage. People still call Ribas a strawweight, implying she's undersized at 125, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's pretty asinine to dismiss fighters as "strawweights" considering half the division has fought at strawweight, including the current champ. Chookagian and Maia have been mainstays in the top 5 since the division was created. Also lol at trying to portray decisioning Rose as a bad thing. You're trying to do the same BS nitpicking that can be done with anyone's resume.

Fiorot has as good a resume as anyone in the division. Doesn't mean she is going to get the title, but to pretend she hasn't been tested is absolutely ludicrous.
No, it’s not asinine at all. Ricci only moved up for one fight, because it was her doorway into the UFC. Even by Strawweight standards she’s small. Rose had never fought at flyweight before that fight, and broke her finger in the first round. Asinine is pretending weight classes don’t matter.

How is it possible for you to believe Erin has worse striking than Dern when Erin pieced up Andrade and while Dern got KO’d by Andrade?
Short notice fight. Rewatch the fight. Andrade finally got into the match by the second round and was figuring out Erin's game before the takedown. Erin's striking isn't all that. She is a very basic MT striker. She is game and not scared to get hit hard though.

Both Dern and Erin don't really have good striking. They have a little bit of power and they are willing to take some punches. The difference is that Erin can switch her game and go for a takedown while Dern can't.

Short notice fight. Rewatch the fight. Andrade finally got into the match by the second round and was figuring out Erin's game before the takedown. Erin's striking isn't all that. She is a very basic MT striker. She is game and not scared to get hit hard though.

Both Dern and Erin don't really have good striking. They have a little bit of power and they are willing to take some punches. The difference is that Erin can switch her game and go for a takedown while Dern can't.

Meh, don’t buy it the short notice excuse Andrade striking defense is garage. She gets pieced up by any striker with power behind their shots. I was one the only people who predicted her KO at the hands of Yan Xiaonan. I don’t Blachfield’s striking is super special or anything but In positive it’s better than a brawler like Andrade. I think Erin would have beat her over 5 rounds

Meh, don’t buy it the short notice excuse Andrade striking defense is garage. She gets pieced up by any striker with power behind their shots. I was one the only people who predicted her KO at the hands of Yan Xiaonan. I don’t Blachfield’s striking is super special or anything but In positive it’s better than a brawler like Andrade. I think Erin would have beat her over 5 rounds
That absolute garage man

Yea, I haven't really been impressed by her, she reminds of a slightly better version of Chookagian. No power and constantly hitting air.

She was definitely pushed fast but I think beating Rose is passing the test. Anytime you can beat a former champ, you belong.

Back