Margot deserves a nod (win) for 'I, Tonya.' The film deserves a nod as well.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely hilarious, heartbreaking, and a 100% throwback to a time when movies, and actors, were good.

This movie was good. I saw 'the shape of water,' and it was also good, but this movie is better. I think it qualifies for next year's Oscars, not this years. Soundtrack, although reusing some songs featured in other prominent films, was superb. The acting was on point all around. There was maybe a 20 minute period in this longer movie where a slight slip in pace and edit occurred, but I wouldn't really have wanted them to change it.

The film is a 9.5/10, and by today's standards, for me, that is like a 10.2/10.

Go see it.

They should just give awards to everyone

So nobody gets his or her feelings hurt

How does that sound?

They should just give awards to everyone

So nobody gets his or her feelings hurt

How does that sound?

No. The mostly useless awards should be given for achievement in filmmaking. This film deserves it based on achievement.

I don't get how shape of Water is so popular.

I don't get how shape of Water is so popular.

It was cute. You rooted for her. It was anti-American propaganda, and it's overrated, but (again) by today's standards, it was "good."

I read that once before

How? Because they are dissecting the creature? Because the Russian helps her?

I hate pandering but I didn't really feel it from this movie

Because the culture of the time, the white(ish) suburban American culture that created the wealth that America is still suckling from today; and created the middle class, is shown as some terrible thing. The women despised the men and their husband's, the kids were annoying and cheesy because they were wholesome, the only actually 'cool' American make was gay.. Once the other cool guy was found to be straight, he wasn't cool anymore, and had to be a pos bigot.

Absolutely hilarious, heartbreaking, and a 100% throwback to a time when movies, and actors, were good.

This movie was good. I saw 'the shape of water,' and it was also good, but this movie is better. I think it qualifies for next year's Oscars, not this years. Soundtrack, although reusing some songs featured in other prominent films, was superb. The acting was on point all around. There was maybe a 20 minute period in this longer movie where a slight slip in pace and edit occurred, but I wouldn't really have wanted them to change it.

The film is a 9.5/10, and by today's standards, for me, that is like a 10.2/10.

Go see it.
No, it was on this year's list. Margot is nominated in the Best Actress category, and she's running 3rd favorite (behind Frances McDormand as the heavy favorite and Saiorse Ronan as the lead dark horse).

Because the culture of the time, the white(ish) suburban American culture that created the wealth that America is still suckling from today; and created the middle class, is shown as some terrible thing. The women despised the men and their husband's, the kids were annoying and cheesy because they were wholesome, the only actually 'cool' American make was gay.. Once the other cool guy was found to be straight, he wasn't cool anymore, and had to be a pos bigot.
<{nope}>

No, it was on this year's list. Margot is nominated in the Best Actress category, and she's running 3rd favorite (behind Frances McDormand as the heavy favorite and Saiorse Ronan as the lead dark horse).
Tbh I’d be happy with McDormand getting it, or Margot. I enjoyed both of their films and thought they were good. Ladybird was a good movie too, but I enjoyed the other two more.

I think Robbie takes it.

Movie's not nominated, Robbie won't win, the mom has a real shot at supporting actress though.

Back