Marijuana is now Legal Across Canada

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The time has come.

On october 17th 2018 marijuana will be officially legal across Canada.

Stores are getting ready for opening, people are ready.

Canada will be the 2nd country in the world to legalize cannabis nationwide.

potflag.jpg

274553.png

Get ready folks

giphy.gif

Like anyone doesn't smoke weed cause it's illegal

Apparently the pot shops in Vancouver that already exist will be shut down, with no immediate replacement...

From what I’ve heard. I don’t really follow this.

Like anyone doesn't smoke weed cause it's illegal
On a more serious note, it doesn't really change anything for people who already smoke. But the availability, the variety of choice, the fact that it's more socially accepted etc.. Makes it very interesting.

The thought that you can just walk up in the store and choose what you want in the best quality possible is pretty nice.

tenor.gif

Cali says high
Best-Way-To-Smoke-Weed_6.gif

On a more serious note, it doesn't really change anything for people who already smoke. But the availability, the variety of choice, the fact that it's more socially accepted etc.. Makes it very interesting.

The thought that you can just walk up in the store and choose what you want in the best quality possible is pretty nice.

Best-Way-To-Smoke-Weed_6.gif
I don't smoke but my gf does. She says it made it more expensive

made it cheaper here tbh.
and yea, its just nice to be able to walk into a dispensary and buy what you want.
although, I've been doing that with a medical permit for the last five years.

There’s not a single application submitted to open a store yet here in Kelowna lol.

If I had to live in Canada I would probably be a heroin addict

This is exactly what Canuckistan needed --- a more lethargic workforce.

The only thing Trudeau has done right in 3 years. Cant wait for the next provincial and federal elections and we can fix our mistakes. First Notley, then Trudeau. #MakeAlbertaGreatAgain

Apprently you can only buy an oz at a time, so no bulk discounts which means I'll probably use mail order as my main source and try some dispensaries around town to see how good their stuff is.

Where do they even sell that? I've never even seen a dispensary for medical purposes. Going into a store to buy weed will be totally new for me.

I've smoked on and off since forever. But I always bought my stuff through contacts. A year or 2 ago I discovered that you could order online on certain sites so I started doing that. Even though it isn't exactly considered legal.
There are numerous dispensaries nearby, some are semi-medical looking, some are chill kick back parlors.
It's as normal as going to the mini mart for a bag of milk, eh

Can someone explain WHY weed was ever illegal anywhere in the first place? It's insane that alcohol and tobacco are perfectly acceptable to purchase and use by law, but a much less harmful product like marijuana isn't. (I'm not a pothead either, just saying.)

Can someone explain WHY weed was ever illegal anywhere in the first place? It's insane that alcohol and tobacco are perfectly acceptable to purchase and use by law, but a much less harmful product like marijuana isn't. (I'm not a pothead either, just saying.)
apparently the blacks and Mexicans were getting hopped up on tweeds and taping white women.

oh but yes, cheers m8

prolly the milk bag reference, it's always a source of amusement to us yanks
but I loved Candia when I was there.
only eastern candian mind you.
never to vancouver or ottoawer.
seems like a nice country

You've been able to order pot via text message here in Calgary for several years from sevices like Hash King.

This really doesn't change much.

Back