Marijuana Will be Legal Across Canada as of October 17th

If my life turns to shit out here in socal I'm moving to the Great White North! Will be ready to shovel snow and hunt moose.

Unless there's a special recipe to grow it on Mars or something, there are only 2 options. Indoor and outdoor.

And Indoor grown marijuana generates a lot more profit than outdoor.

Outdoor grown marijuana requires a lot of maintenance. You have to rely on the weather. Insects, excessive rain, bad temperatures can be very damaging.

You can yield twice as much by growing it indoors, not to mention the quality of the product.

Unless you come from a poor country, indoor grown weed is always more profitable.

Growing outdoor is easier than indoor.

Who do you think is creating and maintaining that controlled indoor environment that you mentioned?

If you have good soil all you need to grow outdoor is water and some nutes/hormones to get that weight/density but drastically less than an indoor where you're growing in a nutrient free medium and providing all of the nutes yourself from bottles.

Indoor set ups require ppm meters, testing the nutes, fans, lights, watering systems, nute changes, has the same insects without the natural predators, ph testing, sealing rooms, mylar, growing mediums, carbon filters, pumps, potting and repotting, moving rooms, beneficials etc etc.

There's pros and cons to each. Increased maintenance is without doubt a bigger issue with indoor.

I also think the quality difference is vastly overstated.

Rick Moranis gonna go buck wild now.

Srsly though, is this really supposed to dissolve black market selling?

I’ve visited Canada. Both southern east and west. Been to Vancouver and Toronto. It’s nice in summer but god dammit in winter I about froze my nuts off.

Yeah I despise the winters here. Coffee and Bailey’s helps though.:cool:

It's amazing how long it takes to pass it. Oct 17 I believe is the legal date. But they have been going back and forth ... back and forth ... between the Senate.. who add a dozen pork related amendments... then back to the commons to debate those... back to the Senate. Christ...

It's been legal for me since I was 16, so it makes no matter to me.. lol.

But once they put that into law and release the Gini from that bottle..ie: the unconscionable amount of money the government is going to make from sales... no conservative government will ever repeal that, regardless of their moral stance on the issue.

Ok cons...try repealing this and make do with 10 billion less dollars in your budget every year.

Canada's senate is a horrible, disgusting joke.
They should all be fired and stripped of their pensions and expense accounts.

The corrupt pieces of shit are appointed for crying out loud.

It's weird. It was fine the way it was, they just should have made all the punishments fines with much less jail time.

Is it really going to be as fun as it was? I don't think so. Also, the money that flowed around the middle class from weed helped a lot of people.. Now, it flows up to corps and the gov. That sucks, and is 110% the reason this all happened.

Canada's senate is a horrible, disgusting joke.
They should all be fired and stripped of their pensions and expense accounts.

The corrupt pieces of shit are appointed for crying out loud.

Yeh there was one senator a few years ago, 40s, French Canadian, owned a strip bar or something, kept getting into legal trouble all the time..

You wonder why would this guy be involved in setting policy for Canada? What's this guys qualifications to deem himself worthy of setting policy of a country

Baffles the mind.

Yeh there was one senator a few years ago, 40s, French Canadian, owned a strip bar or something, kept getting into legal trouble all the time..

You wonder why would this guy be involved in setting policy for Canada? What's this guys qualifications to deem himself worthy of setting policy of a country

Baffles the mind.

Patrick Brazeau?
Used to double dip, as in 2 government salaries.
Caught with cocaine.
Ran strip club.
Celebrity boxed, and lost to our current Prime Minister Mr. Dress up

Brazeau was appointed by Harper.

Still a Senator....

But isnt indoor grown very expensive?
What matters most if control of the YIELD and quality of the YIELD. Not price. Pot heads are typcially hipsters who will pay a premium for perceived quality and designer drugs.

As it becomes legal, more and more producers will spring up increasing competition. Whoever has the lowest overhead will win out. So I guess I am asking, is there a cheaper way to grow Marijuana than indoors.
NO. Price may work on the low end but it will not drive the market. the better quality designer stuff will.

I hope they tax the shit out of it while simultaneously lowering income tax across the board.

I'm still waiting to see how it unfolds. If the government does this "yeh it's legal only if the government is selling it" type of vice-grip, mafia like monopoly on it.

If they'll shut down the small time, private sector shops. It'd be a shame. It's always good to have a little competition.
It falls under separation of powers as outlined in our federalism -- so like booze, provinces get to regulate distribution. Whether they centralize that or open it up depends on the province itself.

But I'm helping to legalize dope on
Your pristine streets and I'm making a fortune.
You're muscle and gall. Naive at best. I'm bone, brain and
Cock. Deep down stronger than all.

My bad, I totally misread your post.

I agree, that would be a good idea. Unfourtunately, I don't think they would ever lower income tax because of that. The government is way too greedy.

And the reason they won't tax the shit out of weed is because they are afraid the black market will stay prelevant.

No worries.

I also disagree with your last statement -- cigs are heavily taxed and while that does result in about 1/3 of cigrattes being sold in places like Ontario being black market, they still keep the taxation high. Also, a lot of people dont realize the prevalence of black market booze in Canada (go to most Portuguese, Italian, Polish, Serbian, Asian store and they have some interesting stuff in the back of their shops) yet provinces still go hard on taxation. Dont be surprised in a quasi VAT tax will be around 20-30% per gram with sales tax on top of that.

BC Bud is legend.

It should be legal worldwide. Its a fucking planet.

tenor.gif

Do you even read the news?

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. No official date has ever been given before.

Their objective a year ago was to make weed legal by july 1st 2018, but that wasn't an official date and they said they could delay it a couple months.

Now, the work is done, the law has passed and everything is ready to be put into place. October 17 is the official date.

We'll see. I don't believe anything that homo says.

Patrick Brazeau?
Used to double dip, as in 2 government salaries.
Caught with cocaine.
Ran strip club.
Celebrity boxed, and lost to our current Prime Minister Mr. Dress up

Brazeau was appointed by Harper.

Still a Senator....

That's right. Still a senator? LOL...christ.

Back