Mark Hamill Hates The Last Jedi

I bet they told him "apologize or you won't come back as a force ghost!"

Yes I agree with this. And guess what Mag he might not even be in the next movie as a force ghost.

This might be the last we see of him. I sure hope not but it's a strong possibility

Yes I agree with this. And guess what Mag he might not even be in the next movie as a force ghost.

This might be the last we see of him. I sure hope not but it's a strong possibility

I'm going to be so annoyed if he doesn't come back and Rey's development is just her reading those old ass books and going "this is what it means to be a jedi!" Stupidest move ever killing Luke.

Not that I've kept much track of it, but hasn't he notoriously flip-flopped on the issue? I remember pre release, he was all bummed out about the direction things were taking, but post release he ended up at least acquiecing to Johnson's vision?

That said, it's shit like this; trying to analyse every fucking minute detail to justify their theories and speculaltions, which led so many people to be all butthurt in the first place.

I'm going to be so annoyed if he doesn't come back and Rey's development is just her reading those old ass books and going "this is what it means to be a jedi!" Stupidest move ever killing Luke.

Honestly Mag I wish they bring him back in Gandolf the Grey-White fashion.

I so badly want his character to be in the movies again and done properly. Give him the treatment he deserves.

Not that I've kept much track of it, but hasn't he notoriously flip-flopped on the issue? I remember pre release, he was all bummed out about the direction things were taking, but post release he ended up at least acquiecing to Johnson's vision?

That said, it's shit like this; trying to analyse every fucking minute detail to justify their theories and speculaltions, which led so many people to be all butthurt in the first place.
Mickey Mouse told him to get in line or get put down.

Disagree entirely. The movie had problems but I like how they handled Luke's arc in the movie.

I like when he turned into a hologram of Billie Mays.
star-wars-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-new-force-powers-explained-1075340.jpeg

Honestly Mag I wish they bring him back in Gandolf the Grey-White fashion.

I so badly want his character to be in the movies again and done properly. Give him the treatment he deserves.

I'd prefer he come back as an alive person rather than a force ghost if they do plan on having him come back. I think force ghost seems a little too op if he's going to hang around and interact with Rey. Whatever reasoning people want to give for him becoming a giant puss in between Kylo going darkside and TLJ it does not serve the story for him to just die after declaring he won't be the last jedi.

I'd prefer he come back as an alive person rather than a force ghost if they do plan on having him come back. I think force ghost seems a little too op if he's going to hang around and interact with Rey. Whatever reasoning people want to give for him becoming a giant puss in between Kylo going darkside and TLJ it does not serve the story for him to just die after declaring he won't be the last jedi.

yeah him dying at end didn't need to happen. I agree it doesn't make the story better, does nothing to enhance the character. In fact him living would do more for the story since his change of heart at the end.

@Magooglie

Do you know anything about his Disney contract. If he is contracted for all 3 I'm sure he'll be back in some capacity. But I don't have any idea about those details. Perhaps you've read something

Pbbffftttt, he's already basically unemployed already, what the fuck does he care?
He's actually had a great career for decades, unless you're only talking about is onscreen stuff.

Doesn’t Mark Hammil hate any new Star Wars movie? Look, I hate Star Wars. It sucks. But it seems like Mark Hammil is just bitter that Harrison Ford came out of Star Wars with a career and Mark Hammil cake out of it with nothing. Kind of like the story how Ford gets the chick and Hammil realizes the girl he wanted to hang was his sister.
Hamill is one of the best voice actors ever.

He is also the Joker and regarded by some as the best Joker.

It's only his cinematic career that didn't take off.

He's actually had a great career for decades, unless you're only talking about is onscreen stuff.
I'm being facetious.

And I'm only talking about the Star Wars aspect of his career, seeing as they killed him off.

Mark Hamill is a fucking G and the best Joker of all time.

Of all the things in TLJ, Luke's characterization was one of my favourites. I find that version of Luke much more interesting than some Star Wars geek's wet dream of an OP, EU version that easily bitch slaps the darkside.

The only real problem I had was the idea that he would even consider murdering his nephew in is sleep like a little bitch, that was a hard sell for me.

@Magooglie

Do you know anything about his Disney contract. If he is contracted for all 3 I'm sure he'll be back in some capacity. But I don't have any idea about those details. Perhaps you've read something

I don't know anything about his Disney contract, sorry.

Of all the things in TLJ, Luke's characterization was one of my favourites. I find that version of Luke much more interesting than some Star Wars geek's wet dream of an OP, EU version that easily bitch slaps the darkside.

The only real problem I had was the idea that he would even consider murdering his nephew in is sleep like a little bitch, that was a hard sell for me.

I don't think its as much his characterisation that people have a problem with as the plotting around it, I'd agree though that whatever his misgivings Hamil played the role as written well, the best performance in the film along with Adam Driver.

Back