Mark Hamill Hates The Last Jedi

I liked The Bye Bye Man more than The Last Jedi

I've seen 1,5 of the new batch of SW movies and I've seen more than enough. Respect GOAT Joker Hamill!

I gotta side with Mark.

These new SW (jedi) movies are blah.

I'll watch the 3rd only to close off the story - but talk about shit story lines and lame characters.

The franchise has gone to Hell. However, it still makes a lot of money.

How happy was Hamill to die at the end LOL - his death by exhaustion is how I personally feel about the long drawn out franchise, only sad thing is when I passed out on the floor I didn't disappear and Star Wars 9 is coming:(

I thought TLJ was a bad movie. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but I didn't like it. The wife didn't like it either. We're casual fans though. I don't know if that makes a difference.

The video though...GOLD!!!
"If I leaked anything, they would chop off my head and throw it in my face." - Mark Hammill
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Star Wars jumped the shark a long time ago. It cannot be ruined anymore.

Hubris

noun
mass noun
  • 1.Excessive pride or self-confidence.

‘the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s’

• 1.1 (in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis
  • 1.2 The Last Jedi

Hubris

noun
mass noun
  • 1.Excessive pride or self-confidence.

‘the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s’

• 1.1 (in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis
  • 1.2 The Last Jedi

Yet it gets above 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. That site should be shut down. They gave the previous one great reviews too. Both garbage.

Reviews Counted: 363
Fresh: 329
Rotten: 34

Critics Consensus: Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy while adding some surprising twists -- and delivering all the emotion-rich action fans could hope for.

Yet it gets above 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. That site should be shut down. They gave the previous one great reviews too. Both garbage.

Critics Consensus: Star Wars: The Last Jedi honors the saga's rich legacy while adding some surprising twists -- and delivering all the emotion-rich action fans could hope for.

Yup. Get you someone who defends you like critics and bloggers defend Disney.

full

They know towing the line gets them access and other goodies. Imagine if the biggest force in Hollywood ices you out? Your career would be heavily hampered. So of course they’re happy to do the job. They scratch Disney’s back, Disney will scratch theirs.

One of the funnier narratives I’ve heard recently is how diverse MCU is after Black Panther came out. The same studio who has legit 18 white male leads in a row is now the champion of progressivism. It’s so ridiculous.

I would say a mix of corruption and most critics being gutless just reflecting audience hype back at them. In this case I think there was such a massive circle jerk about the prequels being crap(not saying they weren't) that people were massively invested in the sequels being "anti prequels", admitting they weren't that great became admitting the anti prequel bandwagon had a ton of questionabkle analysis in it.

These films were basically sequels to those Red Letter Media videos not to Starwars, Rogue One was a Starwars sequel(well prequel) and such reveiwers hated it, "its taking itself seriously? pffff the cool kids are meta these days!"

The ironic thing is the sequels for me actually suffer from the same fundamental problem the prequels did, a lack of creative oversight. You go back to the originals and things were constantly being questioned in the writing, filming and editing which eliminated so many bad ideas/scenes. In the prequels there was nobody to say no to Lucas and in the sequels it looks like nobody said no to Abrams and Johnson(I can imagine theer was Disney meddling but more about sticking in merchandising or making Rey extra bland), as a result there films come across as decent first efforts for a script that should have had a ton of cuts/improvements made to them.

Last edited:
He went back on those comments the bitch:

“I regret voicing my doubts & insecurities in public,” he tweeted. “Creative differences are a common element of any project but usually remain private. All I wanted was to make good movie. I got more than that – [Rian Johnson] made an all-time GREAT one!”

http://deadline.com/2017/12/mark-hamill-star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-1202232760/

Go back and rewatch the video. Its heavily edited and spliced to have him respond to the wrong questions and half of his "comments" are about the Force Awakens. You can even see the promotional poster in the background in some shots.

I see no evidence he hates the movie, rather he disagreed that they portrayed Luke as having given up. IMO that's the least of this film's problems.

People care too much about this Kid's movie.

Anyone and everyone knows that Star Wars has appealed to adults since the beginning. Calling it a kids movie is just not accurate.

Go back and rewatch the video. Its heavily edited and spliced to have him respond to the wrong questions and half of his "comments" are about the Force Awakens. You can even see the promotional poster in the background in some shots.

I see no evidence he hates the movie, rather he disagreed that they portrayed Luke as having given up. IMO that's the least of this film's problems.

He doesn't hate the movie......He just completely disagreed with everything in regards to his character.

......but he didn't hate the movie.

Back