Mark Rippetoe Talks Girly Men and Crossfit || Louder With Crowder

Cryin Dave Castro hates his guts

Mark Rippetoe, now professional political analysist.

On topic: This was a pointless podcast, and a waste of Rippetoe's time.

Last edited:
I can't remember the exact deal with this guy, but recall he is a failed Fox journalist and douchebag who posts on Sherdog sometimes.

I wanted to listen to Rip, but I can’t stand that other fucker. Holy shit is he ever annoying.

I can't remember the exact deal with this guy, but recall he is a failed Fox journalist and douchebag who posts on Sherdog sometimes.
Yeah it's the only reason hwy I posted it. He used to lurk here a lot maybe had a 5x5 log or something. The fact that was him, Rip, and the history here I felt it was at least worth making fun of

Not going to watch, but does he injure himself at some point?

I think he started on here and was ran off.

I stopped watching Rip videos. He has no concept of when he does or doesn't have an informed opinion about something anymore, and is constantly veering off to give his opinion on how he personally disproved climate change, peer review is worthless, engineering is the only form of actual science, and how it's impossible to train vegetarians. Literally everything i would ever want to learn from someone who's specialty is Starting Strength would be better gotten from the Barbell Medicine guys at this point.

I stopped watching Rip videos. He has no concept of when he does or doesn't have an informed opinion about something anymore, and is constantly veering off to give his opinion on how he personally disproved climate change, peer review is worthless, engineering is the only form of actual science, and how it's impossible to train vegetarians. Literally everything i would ever want to learn from someone who's specialty is Starting Strength would be better gotten from the Barbell Medicine guys at this point.
To his defence, though, peer review in the "sports science field" is actually pretty worthless.

To his defence, though, peer review in the "sports science field" is actually pretty worthless.
He doesn't think it's just in the sport science field, or that replication is the issue.
He also doesn't think elite coaches know anything about training either.

I was talking about rugby strength and conditioning on his forum and he argued, with no evidence whatsoever, that rugby players trained stupidly and got by on genetics, did not do barbell training whatsoever etc. I then sent him endless rugby programs, strength standards, videos of players deadlifting/squatting/chins/benching/pressing and he still wouldn't bend.

For a guy that gets pissed when people who don't know what they are talking about venture into barbell training he frequently opines, as an authority, on topics he knows absolutely nothing about.

Training people for actual sports, for example.

I was talking about rugby strength and conditioning on his forum and he argued, with no evidence whatsoever, that rugby players trained stupidly and got by on genetics, did not do barbell training whatsoever etc. I then sent him endless rugby programs, strength standards, videos of players deadlifting/squatting/chins/benching/pressing and he still wouldn't bend.

For a guy that gets pissed when people who don't know what they are talking about venture into barbell training he frequently opines, as an authority, on topics he knows absolutely nothing about.

Training people for actual sports, for example.
True. I remember interviews where he said his main goal was to get the general population, elderly, or just weak strong quickly and effectively. I do think his programs do that and I like them a lot but shit does get different when you're dealing with those who are in pro sports or have other priorities imo

~DaViD~

He also doesn't think elite coaches know anything about training either.

Well, playing devil's advocate for a while here: As far as I can remember (and I admit I'm borderline senile), Rippetoe has criticized strength coaches specifically, who are usually one of the minor parts of the coaching staff. He hasn't said anything about other parts of pro-sports support teams.

And the critique he has leveled has been echoed by others in the fitness industry. Both Rippetoes own affiliates (past and present) like Matt Reynolds and I think Jordan Feigenbaum, and Matt Wenning, Dave Tate etc.

Whether this is genuine sentiment or just marketing strategy, I can't say.

True. I remember interviews where he said his main goal was to get the general population, elderly, or just weak strong quickly and effectively. I do think his programs do that and I like them a lot but shit does get different when you're dealing with those who are in pro sports or have other priorities imo

~DaViD~
Hey should stay as far away as possible from any injured or elderly population. I'd consider him a liability.

The man is arrogant straight up.

Last edited:
Hey should stay as far away as possible from any injured or elderly population. I'd consider him a liability.

The man is a ignorant and arrogant straight up.
I agree to a point. I've used the starr rehab protocol to heal up an injured quad and it worked really easily, but his "you're a pussy" response to anyone who questions squatting more to get rid of golfers elbow is bullshit. I do agree with his advice on post hernia repair rehab though as it worked good for me

~DaViD~

I agree to a point. I've used the starr rehab protocol to heal up an injured quad and it worked really easily, but his "you're a pussy" response to anyone who questions squatting more to get rid of golfers elbow is bullshit. I do agree with his advice on post hernia repair rehab though as it worked good for me

~DaViD~
Starr rehab and muscle tears are pretty low on the totem pole when dealing with the wide array of injuries and ailments people have. Cervical and lumbar disc issues, neurological impairments, dropfeet, strokes, knee replacements, hip replacements, amputees, various bone breaks, arthritis, shoulder surgery, and so on. Not to mention that different anatomy, age, training history, motivational factors and lifestyles plays a huge role. Advocating having all these people squat with a barbell on their back just goes to show you have no clue about what's feasible and what isn't.

Starr rehab and muscle tears are pretty low on the totem pole when dealing with the wide array of injuries and ailments people have. Cervical and lumbar disc issues, neurological impairments, dropfeet, strokes, knee replacements, hip replacements, amputees, various bone breaks, arthritis, shoulder surgery, and so on. Not to mention that different anatomy, age, training history, motivational factors and lifestyles plays a huge role. Advocating having all these people squat with a barbell on their back just goes to show you have no clue about what's feasible and what isn't.
Yeah touché you do have a good point

~DaViD~

Back