Marlon Moraes thinks TJ is ducking

The idea that Henry Cejudo is a bigger fight than Marlon or Dominick is ridiculous.

TJ is a ducker and has been since his days on TUF when he fought with his coaches for not giving him easier fights.

Moraes is getting screwed TJ is taking a non-super fight with an unpopular 125er, Assuncao turned down a rematch(kind of sucks when most people thought Assuncao lost 29-28 or 30-27) Cruz declined to fight him then took Moraes' next best option.

The other top ranked guys he already head kick KOed. I'm not sure if there is a fight available that would up his stock right now cause the only guys that would are turning down the fight.

Maybe Cody but IMO that doesn't do much for him after he got KOed back to back and I doubt Cody wants to make it 3 in a row and he won't fight someone like Moraes right now.

i think cody could have been the face of the 125 division. kinda bad for his career that ufc is removing flyweight, if i was him i would have dropped to that class after these 2 losses to TJ. hes not touching that BW title for a while. at 125 he'd be taking weaker punchers and he'd be the hardest hitter down there. dude can make the weight pretty easily, not sure why they did not announce this drop to flyweight. keep the division and have garbrandt move down there

Blame WME. They still think belts = PPV buys and two belts = double PPV buys.

So if tj wins he will be the 4th guy in a little over 2 yrs to win belts in multiple weight classes. Cool...

Think they'd rather do a champ vs champ fight to get some casuals, rather than TJ vs Who?

Marlon Moraes must probably be pissed that his manager Ali is making sure TJ fights Cejudo not him.

Think they'd rather do a champ vs champ fight to get some casuals, rather than TJ vs Who?

All they have to do is promote Moraes, Henry surely isn't as popular, champ vs champ sells but so does a fight between the 2 best strikers at BW and brutal KOs always have sold PPVs and Moraes delivers them frequently.

Marlon Moraes must probably be pissed that his manager Ali is making sure TJ fights Cejudo not him.
Don't understand why these guys let a person that represents so many fighters that it creates conflicts like this manage them when they could do it all and not pay someone LMAO

I'd rather see TJ vs Moraes with Cejudo getting the winner.

Let's get a division with a great top 5 and put it all on hold the champion can move down to fight for the title of a division that will no longer exists.

UFC is great at planning things.

Don't understand why these guys let a person that represents so many fighters that it creates conflicts like this manage them when they could do it all and not pay someone LMAO
Yup, that's why RDA changed his manager (Ali) after he went to WW. Ali represents many WWs

Moraes vs assuncao for the interim

LOL @ TJ ducking anyone.

Moraes last 4 fights:

Loss to Assuncao (split)
Win over Dodson (Split)
Nobody Sterling (KO)
Jimmie Rivera who's beaten very few people worth a damn (KO)

3-1 with a split decision win in there. It's not like he has been emphatically winning the last couple years. He easily could be 2-2 in his last 4...

Again, lol @ TJ ducking.
He's the most clear sign of ducking ive ever seen . He wants a no-risk all reward bout. Why does he want a belt from a division the ufc is cutting out?

LOL @ TJ ducking anyone.

Moraes last 4 fights:

Loss to Assuncao (split)
Win over Dodson (Split)
Nobody Sterling (KO)

3-1 with a split decision win in there. It's not like he has been emphatically winning the last couple years. He easily could be 2-2 in his last 4...

Again, lol @ TJ ducking.

He easily should be 4-0.He won both those SD's.As for the ducking talk,blame the UFC for letting people play the game (if that's what's even going on).Saying he could easily be 2-2 is silly,the guy got fucked already,that was a robbery.I don't even know how anyone gave it to Rafael.

MEDIA SCORES MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Assunção

WrestlingObserver.com 27-30 Moraes
MMAMania.com 27-30 Moraes
mmalatestnews.com 28-29 Moraes João Gabriel Gelli
MMABrasil.com.br 28-29 Moraes Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Moraes Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 28-29 Moraes Chuck Mindenhall
MMAFighting.com 28-29 Moraes Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 28-29 Moraes Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 28-29 Moraes Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-29 Moraes Jed Meshew
MMAFighting.com 28-29 Moraes John Pollock
Fight Network 28-29 Moraes José Youngs
FanSided.com 28-29 Moraes Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Moraes Wesley Riddle
MMASucka.com 28-29 Moraes Seán Sheehan
SevereMMA.com 28-29 Moraes

TJ is not ducking anyone. He wants to be double champ. It has been an expressed goal of his for some time now, that's why he wanted the DJ fight at 125.

But the UFC should not allow it since they're getting rid of the FLW division.

LOL @ TJ ducking anyone.

Moraes last 4 fights:

Loss to Assuncao (split)
Win over Dodson (Split)
Nobody Sterling (KO)

Again, lol @ TJ ducking.

If you want to play that game, he could easily be 4-0 as well. I know there's a good amount of folks here who think Moraes should've got the nod over Assuncao.

He's the most clear sign of ducking ive ever seen . He wants a no-risk all reward bout. Why does he want a belt from a division the ufc is cutting out?
Yeah, TJ the duck..... ducked the immediate rematch against a guy a ton of people said was gonna knock him out, when the guy didn't even deserve a rematch.

It's a pretty terrible "clear cut case of ducking" seeing as the UFC themselves haven't said a word about this being a matchup. They don't even like TJ, so he has little say in which fights are made.

If you want to continue with a silly ducking narrative then by all means.

He easily should be 4-0.He won both those SD's.As for the ducking talk,blame the UFC for letting people play the game (if that's what's even going on).Saying he could easily be 2-2 is silly,the guy got fucked already,that was a robbery.I don't even know how anyone gave it to Rafael.

MEDIA SCORES MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Assunção

WrestlingObserver.com 27-30 Moraes
MMAMania.com 27-30 Moraes
mmalatestnews.com 28-29 Moraes João Gabriel Gelli
MMABrasil.com.br 28-29 Moraes Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Moraes Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 28-29 Moraes Chuck Mindenhall
MMAFighting.com 28-29 Moraes Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 28-29 Moraes Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 28-29 Moraes Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 28-29 Moraes Jed Meshew
MMAFighting.com 28-29 Moraes John Pollock
Fight Network 28-29 Moraes José Youngs
FanSided.com 28-29 Moraes Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Moraes Wesley Riddle
MMASucka.com 28-29 Moraes Seán Sheehan
SevereMMA.com 28-29 Moraes

He arguably lost the Dodson fight. The only round Dodson clearly lost is round 2. Round 1 was a tossup and he won round 3.

Back