Martial art: a real life example

In the movies or if you watch TMA bullshido demos like in Wing Chun then the 'multiple' attackers always conveniently attack one at a time and of course, they aren't even actually fighting, it's all fake. When in reality what would likely happen is they all just pile in on you at the same time, you get overwhelmed and end up on the floor where you get the shit kicked out of you.

Reality was shown in the initial video. Also, being able to move and dictate the timing of your attackers plays a big role. I'm sure you might have missed those point by chance, and even more sure you can provide a more educated answer.

In a street fight it's not about classic takedowns.
F.E. if there a 4 attackers, one ties an arm, second hugs the leg,
other two just punch and kick.

It's more about not letting to get a hold of you in this situation.
probably you quoted the other guy. You made exactly my point :)

sorry just understood you were quoting the other guy :)

The best athlete to deal with this situation would be a sprinter, or a grand master at ISPC.

How would all others martial art succeed in this scenario?
A grappler? might take down 1 or 2, would be overwhelmed in the mean time by the numbers.
A muay thai or any other striking with kicks? Might succeed if he avoids kicks, which takes a long time, are harder to setup than a punch, takes longer to recover back to defensive position and are tougher to control. Then he would make sense for him to focus on punching, which , in case you didn't know, it is what boxers do.

Discuss.

PS: it is a very simple question, I'll repeat it for clarity, how would all other martial art succeed in this specific scenario. OT answer won't be considered worth of reply. Reference to Art Jimmerson will instantly put you in the noob list.

May I ask you if you know the meaning of your nickname?

On topic: boxing is the best martial art in that scenario imo

Reality was shown in the initial video. Also, being able to move and dictate the timing of your attackers plays a big role. I'm sure you might have missed those point by chance, and even more sure you can provide a more educated answer.

Well it depends on the attackers, the person being attacked and the numbers really. If the attackers are wary, tentative and lose their bottle upon seeing one or two of their number get KO'd, then a skilled striker can come out on top. Or if it's some huge, frighteningly powerful heavweight like Anthony Joshua or Brock Lesnar up against three or four regular size, untrained, unarmed men then again I fancy Joshua or Brock to be more than OK.

But once you've got a large group of people who are game to do damage, who won't be put off by anything you do and who are not going to give up then how big you are, your discipline and your skills won't really make that much difference. You're best option then is to run or try and talk your way out of it.

Boxing is great, but you will break your Hand in no time. I imagine the muay Thai clinch helps you to not get taken down against People who do not know how to fight. Kness and elbows able you to deliver powerfull blows without breaking your Hand.

In the video the guy was basically reacting like a karate guy who decided not to kick so he wouldn't be taken down. A karate guy might have thrown in some nerve and throat strikes though, to save breaking the hands.

Of course the fact the attackers all lined up and came at him one at a time helped, but his movement was basically linear to evade them.

In a street fight it's not about classic takedowns.
F.E. if there a 4 attackers, one ties an arm, second hugs the leg,
other two just punch and kick.
Really hard to do smth in that sitauation even being an experinced grappler.

It's more about not letting to get a hold of you in this situation.
Stick and move, sprawl and brawl.
was more of a comment on people saying grappling is useless since you shouldn't take it to the ground.

was more of a comment on people saying grappling is useless since you shouldn't take it to the ground.

Well, at least it's dangerous against multiple opponents.
You don't control what's happening around in that case.

If you can perform a fast throw, well, good for you then.

How would all others martial art succeed in this scenario?
A grappler? might take down 1 or 2, would be overwhelmed in the mean time by the numbers.
A muay thai or any other striking with kicks? Might succeed if he avoids kicks, which takes a long time, are harder to setup than a punch, takes longer to recover back to defensive position and are tougher to control. Then he would make sense for him to focus on punching, which , in case you didn't know, it is what boxers do.

Discuss.

PS: it is a very simple question, I'll repeat it for clarity, how would all other martial art succeed in this specific scenario. OT answer won't be considered worth of reply. Reference to Art Jimmerson will instantly put you in the noob list.

If it's multiple attackers I'll use my gun.

Back