Marvel Cinematic Universe - Good guy often fights a clone of himself -- I made a list!!

If this included X-Men, just think of all the times Wolverine has fought a clone of himself.

Also you could add wolverine vs sabretooth to this list.

If this included X-Men, just think of all the times Wolverine has fought a clone of himself.

Not gunna lie

Loved the Logan movie but was super disappointed when young CGI wolverine showed up as bad Wolverine. I mean ffs this is Huge Jackman's retirement movie, don't show the audience that we can make him be in movies forever with technology by having him fight his youger self.

Fuckety shits

Also you could add wolverine vs sabretooth to this list.

My discussion was just about the shared MCU universe as per the title

But yeah, many other hero movies have this same issue.

It's just sad that Black Panther, the newest movie which made strides in some things, had this final fight scene with Black Panthers.

Again Killmonger himself was interesting all through the movie until that final fight scene

Glag

Ok in that case, venom had the same powers as spider man

My discussion was just about the shared MCU universe as per the title

But yeah, many other hero movies have this same issue.

It's just sad that Black Panther, the newest movie which made strides in some things, had this final fight scene with Black Panthers.

Again Killmonger himself was interesting all through the movie until that final fight scene

Glag

How do you think they should've done the final fight?

How do you think they should've done the final fight?

I don't know, but two guys in the same costume fighting on speeding space train things with weird costume holes forming

Blagh - I hated it, it was boring

And at one point Black Panther used his claws to spin around a spike thing, like Wolverine did on top of the Statue of Liberty - Xmen 1

It was a horrible stupid CGI fight

It should have been better, I enjoyed the fight scenes of other movies more, Thor Ragnarock for example

Led Zeplin playing and lightening - good times

Yeah I don't know what they could have done but I still reserve the right to hate what they did :p

Maybe they agree to rematch without the suits so T-Challa can finally win a fight and look like he's not totally dependent on that suit. But then again they would both have to puke up the purple flower and there's no more purple flowers and nobody kept any seeds???

meow meow

Ummmm

yeah but again I was talking MCU

That wasn't MCU

Aw seriously? This shit is confusing.

Ok... How bout this one? Luke cage is black and he fought another black dude.

Immortal dudes fighting to the death. Can't get more ridicule than that...

I love the MCU - the nearly 20 part movie with great action and characters - it's always a good time, especially as it goes on a builds up and all the characters connect etc etc

But one thing I notice is the hero often has to face a bad guy ... that's just a clone of the good guy

Let me make a list from worst offender to least offender

----

1 - the worst offender is sadly the last movie that came out: Black Panther

rclt2myaggh01.jpg

It's literally Black Panther vs ... Black Panther. Doesn't get much more samey same and evenly matched than that. Oh my frig.

-----------

2 - Incredible Hulk

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah it's the Hulk versus ... a biggerer hulk. If you like to drink during movies like I do the bad CGI and fast action can get really confusing when two big green dudes beat the shit out of each other. My Goodness this movie was an abomination. Good news though, I, like most fans, just pretend this movie isn't part of the MCU.

-------------------

3 - Captain America Winter Soldier

3750345-7800827985-capta.jpg

In this movie we're treated to a super soldier vs a super soldier ... with a metal arm!!! It's ok though cause this movie was awesome.

----------------

4 - Iron Man

78e563e99f6c8337ca40b211ed7249b9.jpg

We got Iron Man and we got Fat Iron Man. In the end it's two dudes in robot costumes fighting.

---------------------------

5 - Iron Man II Electric Boogaloo

maxresdefault.jpg

In this movie we get something very groundbreaking - we get Iron Man vs an Iron Man with laser whips... but don't worry, Iron Man gets help from a fellow Iron Man with a gun on his soldier - also they fight an army of robot iron men in this movie. Iron Man 3 is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

--------------

6 - Captain America the first Avenger

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a super solider vs a super soldier with a removable face and creepy red skull head.

--------------------

7 - Doctor Strange

Doctor-Strange-Trailer-Olympics-Kaecilius.jpg

Dr. Strange, a sorcerer - dresses in fancy clothes to fight Kacilisisususu whatever the fuck. Another sorcerer with eye shadow on.

---------------------

8 - Ant Man

hqdefault.jpg

Ant Man vs Ant Man ... but bad Ant Man has laser arm thingys. As a bonus this movie has basically the same plot of Iron Man, but tiny.

----------------------

9 - Age of Ultrons

hqdefault.jpg

I'm singling out Iron Man in this one, cause it feels like Iron Man vs another Iron Man .. but with a robot inside. Ultron and Iron Man also go toe to toe in quips!!!

-------------------------------

10 - Thor Ragnarock

maxresdefault.jpg

You basically got two Assguardian sibling Gods duking it out.

You could give 11 to Thor

thor_vs_loki_by_greenestreet-d5pkdo0.png

except Loki isn't technically an Ass guardian or even his real sibling

------- the rest which finally break this pattern mostly.

> Avengers 1 - Loki is the badguy. Basically a rehash of Thor but this time Loki brought an army and Thor brought a Hulk

> Thor dark days - Thor vers an elf man

> Spiderman vs Vulcher - those characters are quite different

And then the Guardian of the Galaxy friends

In the first one it's a bunch of aliens vs ... an alien with purple jewlery

But in GOTG2 we get to see the guardians fight A FUCKING PLANET!! Kudos to that movie, it was great.

And say what you will about Iron Man 3 but at least he wasn't fighting another iron man, he fought a fire breathing man! It was great! So refreshing to see an Iron Man movie without Iron man clones in it!!

iron-man-3.jpg

.....oh

This is the most logical thread you have made.

I don't know, but two guys in the same costume fighting on speeding space train things with weird costume holes forming

Blagh - I hated it, it was boring

And at one point Black Panther used his claws to spin around a spike thing, like Wolverine did on top of the Statue of Liberty - Xmen 1

It was a horrible stupid CGI fight

It should have been better, I enjoyed the fight scenes of other movies more, Thor Ragnarock for example

Led Zeplin playing and lightening - good times

Yeah I don't know what they could have done but I still reserve the right to hate what they did :p

Maybe they agree to rematch without the suits so T-Challa can finally win a fight and look like he's not totally dependent on that suit. But then again they would both have to puke up the purple flower and there's no more purple flowers and nobody kept any seeds???

meow meow

If they had done the fight without the suits and flowers it would've been the third fight like that. Overkill. I think they had to use the suits because it was a showdown with both of them at full power. I do agree the fight was poorly done though.

If they had done the fight without the suits and flowers it would've been the third fight like that. Overkill. I think they had to use the suits because it was a showdown with both of them at full power. I do agree the fight was poorly done though.

Yeah I was trying to pull an alternate suggestion out my ass.

But like I said I was just disappointed with the final fight scene, so much so that it's #1 on my list

The convenience of the good guy being challenged by an equal powered bad guy

If they made a Black Widow woman she would have a final showdown with a martial arts chick

Let's put them all out of their wheelhouse

Let's see how Cap does against Hella

Iron man vs Ego the Living Planet ... good luck fucker

First of all, kudos for making a thread that goes beyond writing 3 sentences. Not many people here do that.

Second, while your point stands, people have been saying this is a general observation on the entire superhero/supervillain theme, across all superhero media, be it comics, TV shows, animated movies or live action movies. Tech use, blood/DNA/mutation, being a god/other species are the biggest reasons for it. And it's not just Marvel. Yes, Iron man has a lot of suit up villains. Thor (as any god) has a lot of foes with similar sets of abilities, Hulk's blood has cause far too many villains, and that freakin' spider bite and symbiote influence is comically large.

But DC is even a bigger committer of the "villain is a superhero doppelganger" crime. And it's not "wow, they're similar", it's they are almost identical in powers and/or physical appearance.
Superman-Zod (other Kryptonians), Green Lantern - Sinestro (or other power ring wielders), Shazam-Black Adam, Green Arrow - Merlyn, and don't even get me started on Flash (that guy has so many doppelgangers it's not even funny). I'm not counting the other dimensions or time travel consequences, which DC has an infinite number of. That said, JL vs Crime syndicate was/is dope AF.

Fights between characters with vastly different power could lead to stalemate. Imagine MCU Hulk vs DCU Flash, the whole fight is just Hulk trying to catch Flash while Flash tickles Hulk here and there.

In Guardians Gamora fights Nebula.

In Iron Man 3 Pepper Potts gets the same powers as the bad guy and beats him up.

In Age of Ultron the good guys get the better version of the bad guy when Vision gets made.

In Guardians Gamora fights Nebula.

In Iron Man 3 Pepper Potts gets the same powers as the bad guy and beats him up.

In Age of Ultron the good guys get the better version of the bad guy when Vision gets made.

Good point, thanks! I was just focusing on the "main events" of these movies so to speak

In Guardians 2 Peter spends a lot of time fist fighting his dad's human form.

Back