Marvel Female Superheroes TV Series in the Works from ABC (Update: Not Moving Forward)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Marvel Female Superheroes TV Series in the Works at ABC from Wonder Woman Writer Allan Heinberg

xXZ5iAx.jpg

Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg is aiming to bring more female superheroes to the screen, this time in television. ABC has given a production commitment to an untitled hourlong drama from Heinberg, Marvel Television and ABC Studios. Written by Heiinberg, it is about female characters with superpowers.

In typical Marvel fashion, further details are being kept close to the vest, but Deadline hears the drama is based on lesser-known Marvel characters. There have been a number of fairly obscure female superhero team-ups that have appeared sporadically in Marvel comics over the years, including A-Force, Lady Liberators and Fearless Defenders.

Heinberg, who is under an overall deal at ABC Studios, is executive producing the potential series with Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.

Launching a new Marvel series has been a priority for ABC, with the Heinberg project emerging as a strong contender from the get-go, Deadline hears.

“In terms of Marvel, we have some things that we are in discussions with them right now that we are in development,” the network’s entertainment president Channing Dungey told Deadline last month. “I’m very excited about it.”

Being a female-centric, the new series would fit nicely into ABC’s lineup that has strong appeal to women with such drama series as Shondaland’s Grey’s Anatomy, How To Get Away With Murder and the recently-departed Scandal, as well as hot newcomer The Good Doctor.

ABC previously developed Jessica Jones before the female superhero project migrated to Netflix as part of the big Marvel TV package.

While he is probably best known for writing the blockbuster DC movie Wonder Woman, Heinberg has a strong TV series and Marvel pedigree.

He worked on Shondaland series at ABC and ABC Studios for more than a decade. Heinberg first joined Grey’s Anatomy in 2006, segueing to Scandal before segueing to become co-creator/showrunner of The Catch, which aired for two seasons. Heinberg’s previous TV writing and producing credits include The Naked Truth, Party of Five, Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, The O.C. and Looking.

For Marvel Comics, Heinberg created and wrote Young Avengers and its sequel, Avengers: The Children’s Crusade with co-creator/artist Jim Cheung.

Additionally, for DC Comics, he co-wrote JLA: Crisis Of Conscience with Geoff Johns (art by Chris Batista), and re-launched Wonder Woman in 2006 with artists Terry and Rachel Dodson.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/marvel...male-superheroes-abc-wonder-woman-1202467616/

if they keep those outfits on chicks who dont look like whales, im in.

As long as there are some scissoring scenes, I'm in.

Marvel Female Superheroes TV Series in the Works at ABC from Wonder Woman Writer Allan Heinberg

xXZ5iAx.jpg

Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg is aiming to bring more female superheroes to the screen, this time in television. ABC has given a production commitment to an untitled hourlong drama from Heinberg, Marvel Television and ABC Studios. Written by Heiinberg, it is about female characters with superpowers.

In typical Marvel fashion, further details are being kept close to the vest, but I hear the drama is based on lesser-known Marvel characters. There have been a number of fairly obscure female superhero team-ups that have appeared sporadically in Marvel comics over the years, including A-Force, Lady Liberators and Fearless Defenders.

Heinberg, who is under an overall deal at ABC Studios, is executive producing the potential series with Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.

Launching a new Marvel series has been a priority for ABC, with the Heinberg project emerging as a strong contender from the get-go, Deadline hears.

“In terms of Marvel, we have some things that we are in discussions with them right now that we are in development,” the network’s entertainment president Channing Dungey told Deadline last month. “I’m very excited about it.”

Being a female-centric, the new series would fit nicely into ABC’s lineup that has strong appeal to women with such drama series as Shondaland’s Grey’s Anatomy, How To Get Away With Murder and the recently-departed Scandal, as well as hot newcomer The Good Doctor.

ABC previously developed Jessica Jones before the female superhero project migrated to Netflix as part of the big Marvel TV package.

While he is probably best known for writing the blockbuster DC movie Wonder Woman, Heinberg has a strong TV series and Marvel pedigree.

He worked on Shondaland series at ABC and ABC Studios for more than a decade. Heinberg first joined Grey’s Anatomy in 2006, segueing to Scandal before segueing to become co-creator/showrunner of The Catch, which aired for two seasons. Heinberg’s previous TV writing and producing credits include The Naked Truth, Party of Five, Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, The O.C. and Looking.

For Marvel Comics, Heinberg created and wrote Young Avengers and its sequel, Avengers: The Children’s Crusade with co-creator/artist Jim Cheung.

Additionally, for DC Comics, he co-wrote JLA: Crisis Of Conscience with Geoff Johns (art by Chris Batista), and re-launched Wonder Woman in 2006 with artists Terry and Rachel Dodson. Heinberg is repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/marvel...male-superheroes-abc-wonder-woman-1202467616/

Who are the broads?

{<tongue} {<tongue} {<tongue}

Would imagine it'd be characters who's powers wouldn't be too costly to portray.

Is there gonna be an episode about their menstural cycles synchronizing?

Sometimes, when my wife asks me "What do you do on that sherdog?" and I reply sth to an extent of "I go on this specific forum in order to have meaningful discussions and funny/entertaining back and forth banter about topics I am interested in". Then she asks to see what those topics are, and i respond with a resounding "NO", bcs... well... of stuff like this:

As long as there are some scissoring scenes, I'm in.

Will this be on the Food Network?

Avaginers: Vanity War

Is there gonna be an episode about their menstural cycles synchronizing?

Never change, sherdog, never change.

source.gif

Stupid idea.
I won't go that far, but it does seem like pandering.

A duo or trio of street level heroines seems more manageable, ala Birds of Prey or Silver & Black (what ever happened with that?)

Didn't ABC do the Inhumans series? If so, it's a no from me.

I definitely think TV has passed the point of Super Hero show saturation.

Pissed we didn't get an Inhumans movie like was initially planned though.

What will we call it?
Feminist Force?
SJW Society?
Anti-Patriarchy Pack?

My viewing it will depend on which heroes they bring to the table. I’d much rather they make a quality Black Widow/Hawkeye espionage thriller.

I assumed She-Hulk would have has her own show by now:

- assistant DA
- gets cancer
- cured of cancer by blood transfusion from her cousin.
-only compatible family member that matches is Bruce Banner.
- green skin and muscles, but keeps her intellect.
- trying to make sense of it all and still trying to find meaningful work/life balance with superpowers.

Lmfao it gets better by the minute

Too bad this is the worst idea ever combined with a shitty writer.

Failure before it even starts.

Movie and TV writers need to get back on coke like the 80's.

The top villain would be called “Mansplainer”.

Back