Mary Shelley - the Frankenstein author finally gets the bio treatment

Didn't watch the trailer...but just looking at the thumbnail, was Mary really a pouty looking nymphy thing? I fucking hate it when they cast someone who looks like the type who never has a hair out of place in the role of a weathered or tortured type...or even putting an obvious looker in for someone who is supposed to be plain or overlookable (appearance-wise).

EDIT: Yah, fuck, of course they did. Come on...it's a good actor but they could have at least tried to deemphasize her looks a bit with costume/lighting...but no looks fucking glam in every shot...just like the real Mary I'm sure.

Come on...even if you knock a few years off this you're going to get an awkward pasty looking girl. Doll her up to the nines and we're talking a Boise 6. And there's nothing wrong with that...it's not her looks that made her interesting.

570px-MaryShelley.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't watch the trailer...but just looking at the thumbnail, was Mary really a pouty looking nymphy thing? I fucking hate it when they cast someone who looks like the type who never has a hair out of place in the role of a weathered or tortured type...or even putting an obvious looker in for someone who is supposed to be plain or overlookable (appearance-wise).

The real Mary Shelley:

220px-MaryShelley.jpg

d7d87116673f1ea1bee9f8152b49c4a0-william-godwin-mary-shelley.jpg

Great classic novel and now that I think about it wasn't she like 17 when she wrote it? Not sure why her life didn't trigger my curiosity

Very nice, I’ll check it out. I read the book in high school and enjoyed it

Thanks for the heads up

EDIT: Yah, fuck, of course they did. Come on...it's a good actor but they could have at least tried to deemphasize her looks a bit with costume/lighting...but no looks fucking glam in every shot...just like the real Mary I'm sure.

Come on...even if you knock a few years off this you're going to get an awkward pasty looking girl. Doll her up to the nines and we're talking a Boise 6. And there's nothing wrong with that...it's not her looks that made her interesting.

570px-MaryShelley.jpg
She's 43 in that painting. Where do you get the idea that she was a "weathered and tortured type"?

Back