Mass Effect Andromeda **(Out March 21st)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about the Asari but I thought Krogan only lived hundreds of years.

They can live as long as Asari can, the problem is that their dangerous lifestyle prevents them from doing so.

Good job Lethal. Just came here to post it. Love the use of Vigil. To me it's the theme of Mass Effect.

Words can't explain how excited I am for this game. The ME series is my shit, loved every single one of them despite their (minor) flaws. Probably my favourite series of all time tbh.

Country music doesn't exactly scream epic to me... odd choice. :D

Maybe that's all they chose to show? Look what Bethesda did. They showed a similar trailer just before E3, and if that had of been all they showed and still said it's coming 11/10/15 before the huge E3 reveal, you would've laughed at them too. Pumping that game out in 5 months? No way.

People have paid tens of thousands on fake spaceships they expect to see in say 5 years time in Star Citizen.

Words can't explain how excited I am for this game. The ME series is my shit, loved every single one of them despite their (minor) flaws. Probably my favourite series of all time tbh.

No doubt. ME is my favorite game series.

Good job Lethal. Just came here to post it. Love the use of Vigil. To me it's the theme of Mass Effect.

Was hoping for a bit more but I thought it was a nice touch too. Maybe we'll get an update at the VGA's?

[YT]nGpNBtzVRH4[/YT]

A Reddit user claims that he got his hands on a very early edition of BioWare’s upcoming RPG, Mass Effect Andromeda, and he has some gameplay information to share from his experience with it. First things first, the guy’s identity has apparently been verified by Reddit mods and he’s reportedly provided proof of him getting his hands on an early version, but since we haven’t actually seen that “proof,” we’re taking this one with a grain of salt.

Regardless, the information he has to share is in the video above. For those who prefer a written form, here’s a rundown provided on Reddit:

• 2 Squad mates as before, a human blonde and a krogan mentioned
  • All squad mates have jetpacks which come into play in exploration
  • Omnitool has more functionality, for example a combat shield
  • Greater detail in character facial features and models
  • Destructible covers
  • Completely different ship (I take it as a step away from the frigate sized ship that we saw in Normandy and towards a larger ship, perhaps the one seen here )
  • Hints at Mako customization
  • ‘Pathfinder quarters’ section in the ship
  • Main character is referred to as ‘the pathfinder’
  • Story revolves around finding a new home for humanity and other races
  • New ship travel system (instead of the old galaxy map) where you manually fly the ship
  • Enemies (the main opposing force I assume) are bipedal cross between Vorcha and Collectors
  • The (non-human) enemies drop into combat from Cerberus ships (I would assume a placeholder, but if it’s not then it gets interesting)
  • One of the antagonists is a human soldier with armor similar to yours but without N7 insignia
Mass Effect Andromeda isn’t out until next year so how much of this is true remains to be seen.
[Source: Reddit(1)(2)(3)]

I never cheated on Liara. That blue ass had me catching feelings

Liara was tempting but I stuck with Ashley.

I replay ME2 just to get Miranda. I also never carry that over to 3 to avoid complications. lol

I replay ME2 just to get Miranda. I also never carry that over to 3 to avoid complications. lol

I've been trying different combinations, but it's a lot of hours playing all three games repeatedly just for that. Fuck that comic book decision maker though. You lose out on the minor choices that can be really fun. Some stuff I YouTube, but that's cheating.

I've been trying different combinations, but it's a lot of hours playing all three games repeatedly just for that. Fuck that comic book decision maker though. You lose out on the minor choices that can be really fun. Some stuff I YouTube, but that's cheating.

I never used that time saver. As you said, the minor stuff is fun, too.

OMFG. I AM READY

Mako+it+s+like+a+drunk+rhino+but+with+jets+and_87d2e3_4081707.gif

And 4 years ago I would have never said this but PLZ INCLUDE MULTIPLAYER

Male or female? Lesbian femshep lol

My body is beyond ready at this point. Fallout 4 and now Mass Effect Andromeda. We're not worthy, we're not worthy. Love the jetpack and Omni-Smash near the end. Reminds me of the Turian Ghost and Havoc. Nice to see the Mako back. Hope they improved the controls though and the planets are not so cookie cutter and bland.

If Bioware extract themselves from EA, maybe. Casey Hudson's thankfully gone, which is a huge plus.

Mass Effect was the first game I start using female characters. Been that way ever since lol

OMFG. I AM READY

Mako+it+s+like+a+drunk+rhino+but+with+jets+and_87d2e3_4081707.gif

And 4 years ago I would have never said this but PLZ INCLUDE MULTIPLAYER

There is no way they won't include it. The MP was just wildly successful. More then they could've hoped for. I just hope the MP crosses over into missions and not just waves.

Mass Effect was the first game I start using female characters. Been that way ever since lol

Mass Effect is the only franchise I can think of that puts in the work to even make a female character a viable option. At least one on the scale ME aims for. When you think of the writing and voice work involved in making such a thing possible, it's quite impressive. And that even goes back to the original.

There is no way they won't include it. The MP was just wildly successful. More then they could've hoped for. I just hope the MP crosses over into missions and not just waves.

I'd be ok with the multiplayer being separated from the missions. I think playing co-op in story driven games can kind of be weird and idk how it'd work with the dialogue stuff. I loved ME3 multiplayer, if they just improve on that and maybe even include some sort of PVP I'd go bonkers.

As far as the story, I'm really open to anything man. I didn't like the ME3 ending, but I'm over it now and overall I think Bioware is great so I'm going to believe they'll do a great job,

This makes me want to go through ME again SHIEEEEET

That teaser is confusing as hell.

It shows man's' first exploration across the galaxy, but is voice-overed by Shepard?

It's not even a teaser, really. Doesn't even explain if its a prequel or sequel.

Remember that leak? I wonder if all that shit is true

It shows man's' first exploration across the galaxy, but is voice-overed by Shepard?

It's not even a teaser, really. Doesn't even explain if its a prequel or sequel.

It takes place after the trilogy. The very end shows a ship leaving the Milky Way towards Andromeda.

I'd be ok with the multiplayer being separated from the missions. I think playing co-op in story driven games can kind of be weird and idk how it'd work with the dialogue stuff. I loved ME3 multiplayer, if they just improve on that and maybe even include some sort of PVP I'd go bonkers.

As far as the story, I'm really open to anything man. I didn't like the ME3 ending, but I'm over it now and overall I think Bioware is great so I'm going to believe they'll do a great job,

This makes me want to go through ME again SHIEEEEET

lol I finished all of Secret of Mana with a buddy of mine over zbattle.net. Obviously it would have to be done carefully, but I meant like if you could actually play out a scripted event and not just waves. I don't mean the entire campaign but have it where you can drop in on a specific mission and do co-op on it.

It's a sequel. By Shepard saying "signing off" it doesn't just she's literally signing off. It's an homage. Fan service from Bioware saying that the character is bidding adieu. The new one as it takes place well after the trilogy. It also means that we won't be playing as Shepard or any of his/her crew at least I don't see how they could live that long especially Mordin. Maybe Legion and that's it. You basically play as a pioneer of a new Galaxy.

Should be interesting. Hope they do something like the First Contact Wars of the OG ME trilogy. Would be amazing.

When I'm going to be spending hours watching a pixillated arse, I'd much rather it be a female pixillated arse than a male one.

Femshep is also a better option if you are going to go renegade. The voice acting suits it. Broshep is a better paragon option.

Pass. As long as EA is in charge they won't be getting a single penny from me.

I never used that time saver. As you said, the minor stuff is fun, too.

I used it once, and it made the second two games a lot emptier than when I imported a proper save. No Conrad in 3, no Liara's dad at the bar in 3, no Asari from Zhu's Hope, and probably more. Ooh, that Asari from Vermire too, the one you can again when you get Grunt, that sadly ends up reduced to an email in 3, same as that Quarian that's with Tali on Haelstrom (?).

Words can't describe how excited I am for this game.

It's a sequel. By Shepard saying "signing off" it doesn't just she's literally signing off. It's an homage. Fan service from Bioware saying that the character is bidding adieu. The new one as it takes place well after the trilogy. It also means that we won't be playing as Shepard or any of his/her crew at least I don't see how they could live that long especially Mordin. Maybe Legion and that's it. You basically play as a pioneer of a new Galaxy.

Should be interesting. Hope they do something like the First Contact Wars of the OG ME trilogy. Would be amazing.

Legion's going nowhere in my ME world; he died giving the Geth individuality.

I really hope the multiplayer is just as good as in 3

My mind says 'Fuck you, the end of ME3 sucked."

My heart says "Its ok Mass Effect, I still love you."

Video is blocked :(

My "canon" Shepard is BroShep who banged Miranda. I've done just about every romance available as both genders except ghey BroShep and FemShep banging Garrus.

I'm guessing they're gonna do a Dragon Age Inquisition type of save data thing where if you want to you can build a save from scratch

New galaxy with a new crew? I'm all up for it. Does anyone know if this is going to be a new trilogy? And when the first ME was announced did they say it was going to be a trilogy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back