Massive Protests in Iran: Anger in the streets of Tehran amid economic turmoil

What are you talking about? Are you reading the posts and the thread?

Instead of the usual empty drivel - what is your analysis of the news itself?
Iran sucks
Bad
Nothing we do will make it better as evidenced by every single other example is the region
So keep sanctions and do nothing until they come to the table and even then it will still end up the same way honestly
The deal did nothing but kick the can a bit

Iran sucks
Bad
Nothing we do will make it better as evidenced by every single other example is the region
So keep sanctions and do nothing until they come to the table and even then it will still end up the same way honestly

See, being a productive contributor isn't so hard.

Iran sucks
Bad

The deal was about stopping Iran from having nukes, it worked, its just that neocons, Israel firsters and wahabbi terrorists dont give a shit about Iran nukes, they give a shit about Iran thwarting their geopolitical goals in the region.

You know like the Saudi genocide in Yemen or the interest of Israel, SA and Turkey to split the Syrian cake.

The deal was about stopping Iran from having nukes, it worked, its just that neocons, Israel firsters and wahabbi terrorists dont give a shit about Iran nukes, they give a shit about Iran thwarting their geopolitical goals in the region.

You know like the Saudi genocide in Yemen or the interest of Israel, SA and Turkey to split the Syrian cake.
All these players suck ass. If they all fell off the earth it would be a better place. The entire Middle East fucking sucks. All of it. I don’t care what hey do to each other any more.

All these players suck ass. If they all fell off the earth it would be a better place. The entire Middle East fucking sucks. All of it. I don’t care what hey do to each other any more.

The entire middle east sucks i agree, but sucking WITH nukes makes it a global security issue.

If they want to go at it with rockets, missiles, tanks, stones, knives and the such, go ahead.

The entire middle east sucks i agree, but sucking WITH nukes makes it a global security issue.

If they want to go at it with rockets, missiles, tanks, stones, knives and the such, go ahead.
So you want sanctions in place on Iran

Yet the president of France tried to hard to sway Trump in order to save the deal. Iran has tons of natural resources and an educated population tons of people want to invest there.
President of France is not a company. Companies want to invest in stable countries with strict legal codes safeguarding their companies, not a corrupt place with religious clerics having the final word (and a large chunk of the population that opposes them)

You can have a great potential for wealth but still be poor thanks to conditions set by the government, China is the best example. They prospered everywhere except China for the longest time.

You’re talking about Iranian people and I’m talking about Iranian government. Nobody doubts that a country with so much oil and a young educated population could be prosperous.

What has Iran done to us? Actually done to us, in the last 35 years or so?

I think irans only lifeline is to have aid from either Russia or China. I wonder if either would ever do it.

This might be the first time I've seen a weird hybrid form of war where you attack the populace economically and basically impoverish many to inflict pain among them to provoke violence against their government.

I thought collective punishment of a nations people was against the basic Geneva conventions.
EFPs. They funneled EFPs into Iraq, and these are a type of IED that killed a lot of Americans in Iraq.

Putting the squeeze on the Iranian government is a good thing. They deserve every bad thing that happens to them, and I hope the people of Iran make them pay for their mistakes.

President of France is not a company. Companies want to invest in stable countries with strict legal codes safeguarding their companies, not a corrupt place with religious clerics having the final word (and a large chunk of the population that opposes them)

Again, there are tons of countries with weaker legal codes that still see a lot of investment, the article literally says that it was the US threats to undo the deal what scared investments, not Iran.

You can have a great potential for wealth but still be poor thanks to conditions set by the government, China is the best example. They prospered everywhere except China for the longest time.

You have great potential for wealth, you attract investment, simple as that, you see investments even in barely functioning African countries if there is something to be made.

You’re talking about Iranian people and I’m talking about Iranian government. Nobody doubts that a country with so much oil and a young educated population could be prosperous.

Iran government is far more modern and functional than those of the GCC, and these countries see massive amounts of investments.

Sanctions will prevent Iran from getting a nuke?
So you want to pay them not to rather than tell them they have to abandon it and let us actually verify, including inspecting military sites?

So you want to pay them not to rather than tell them they have to abandon it and let us actually verify, including inspecting military sites?

Nobody was paying Iran not to have nukes.

looks-like-they-need-some-freedom-nemegenerator-net-19259974.png

In all seriousness though I hope this doesn't cause Iran to start opening up on their own people.

EFPs. They funneled EFPs into Iraq, and these are a type of IED that killed a lot of Americans in Iraq.

Putting the squeeze on the Iranian government is a good thing. They deserve every bad thing that happens to them, and I hope the people of Iran make them pay for their mistakes.

Yes they did. After we threatened that they would be invaded next, from their west and east via Iraq and Afghanistan.

I still wouldn't call that terrorism though.

Yes they did. After we threatened that they would be invaded next, from their west and east via Iraq and Afghanistan.

I still wouldn't call that terrorism though.
Fighting a 3-front war would have been insane, and the Iranians knew better. They actually pursued nukes, used Iraq as a proxy to kill Americans, and did all that posturing because they knew we were committed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It certainly means that we shouldn't try to be their friends, and putting the squeeze on their government seems appropriate. Hopefully, it causes their people to push back. A little civil unrest for the Mullahs to handle, even if it's short of rebellion, is a good thing for Americans. I happen to think it's in the interest of the Iranian people too, but that's for them to decide.

Fighting a 3-front war would have been insane, and the Iranians knew better. They actually pursued nukes, used Iraq as a proxy to kill Americans, and did all that posturing because they knew we were committed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It certainly means that we shouldn't try to be their friends, and putting the squeeze on their government seems appropriate. Hopefully, it causes their people to push back. A little civil unrest for the Mullahs to handle, even if it's short of rebellion, is a good thing for Americans. I happen to think it's in the interest of the Iranian people too, but that's for them to decide.

The Iranians knew better thats why Khatami tried to cooperate in Afghanistan hoping too cool shit down with America.

After America's rebuffed them and then put them in the "axis of evil" and after an unilateral invasion that reeked of XIX imperialism, moderates got murdered and Ahmadinejad got elected and shit went down from there.

Now history repeats itself, Rouhani credibility is destroyed, moderates silenced and the rise of a new wave of radicalism is more than obvious, im quite certain that this movement is going to be crushed.

As i said, with Trump rewarding North Korea and punishing Iran the message is clear "America only respects military power" so Iran is quite likely to double down on his geopolitical ambitions.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-gave-us-help-on-al-qaeda-after-9-11/

Back