Master Sken on Small Bag

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone ever kick a small bag like this like master sken is doing here? I was thinking it might be a good idea. I found this video by searching for a heavy double end bag, as the double end bag works timing, so I thought it would be cool if there was a double end bag you could also kick and knee etc.

Master sken brings me back to my younger days. Remember watching some old vhs tapes with him. Being super impressed with his amazing muay thai kicks.

Took me years to figure out that his kicks is a mix of muay thai, taekwondo, and sepak takraw (thai style volleyball with feet and elbows)

He taught the dude that runs my gym (and Phil Nurse too) - he's not Muay Thai in the purest sense but he does things his own way. I do something SIMILAR to this but not with a bag that small - certainly something to try though!

Hey guys, does anyone ever kick a small bag like this like master sken is doing here? I was thinking it might be a good idea. I found this video by searching for a heavy double end bag, as the double end bag works timing, so I thought it would be cool if there was a double end bag you could also kick and knee etc.

<Lmaoo> Not "Master" Sken......

@AndyMaBobs .......you are right about not strictly Muay Thai, middle class Thai's don't fight for a living in Muay Thai........they go do TKD instead .......

<Lmaoo> Not "Master" Sken......

@AndyMaBobs .......you are right about not strictly Muay Thai, middle class Thai's don't fight for a living in Muay Thai........they go do TKD instead .......

Regardless he has had a positive impact on the UK muay thai scene as a whole. He doesn't have the same credentials as my own coach Thoethai, but Sken's still well respected by the Thai coaches as a whole.

I really like his students hands on the pads. Who is that guy?

Regardless he has had a positive impact on the UK muay thai scene as a whole. He doesn't have the same credentials as my own coach Thoethai, but Sken's still well respected by the Thai coaches as a whole.

Are you talking about coaches in Thailand........

Are you talking about coaches in Thailand........

My coach is Thai, so is Jompop, Parnpetch, etc. and they don't seem to have any issue with him. Sken is fine, he wasn't pure muay thai guy himself, neither was Toddy but they've both had good students.

Last edited:
He taught the dude that runs my gym (and Phil Nurse too) - he's not Muay Thai in the purest sense but he does things his own way. I do something SIMILAR to this but not with a bag that small - certainly something to try though!

how big is the bag?

My coach is Thai, so is Jompop, Parnpetch, etc. and they don't seem to have any issue with him. Sken is fine, he wasn't pure muay thai guy himself, neither was Toddy but they've both had good students.

My first gym was straight Master Toddy lineage and i thought he was a total joke until i looked more into him

how big is the bag?

It's round, about the size of a bean bag chair

My first gym was straight Master Toddy lineage and i thought he was a total joke until i looked more into him

They initially marketed themselves as Thai Kwon Do - because they were more experienced with TKD than Muay Thai - as the demand for muay thai increased they focused more and more on it. A LOT of the major gyms in the UK have coaches that were taught by Toddy/Sken/Woody/A somewhere along the line.

I don't particularly like the way they label themselves as masters, although as far as I'm aware they were GIVEN those titles - my issue is that they weren't fighters but are labelled as masters of Muay Thai, whereas my coach lived on a Thai camp from 7 and has had 250 fights and doesn't get such an honour. Maybe that's just ME being salty, but that bothers me. Otherwise as far as I'm concerned they have proven themselves at putting out a decent crop of fighters - I don't believe them to be as good as the great gyms in Thailand, but they're far from the hack frauds they're often portrayed as.

Sherdoggers seem to forget that they have been training in Muay Thai since the 1970s - even if they started with a TKD base, after nearly 50 years of Muay Thai they are DEFINITELY versed in it now. It's easy to accuse them of being frauds but the fact of the matter is they have more experience in Muay Thai than most of the guys that criticise them.

Back