Movies MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie Dead at Netflix After at Least $30 Million in Development (post #221)

I believe I've mentioned this before, but the only thing I care about is that Adam and He-Man are not played by the same dude. That was my pet peeve about the show, even as a child.

Interested to see what they do with it and who they cast. With the right type of visually impressive director and some good action, this could be some shit.

In the wrong hands, it will flat out just be shit.

Goyer has had his highs and lows- don’t really know what to expect from him as a director.

I know some people might say no way but I think burton could have done something cool with the property.

Dolph and Langella need cameos.

It’ll suck but He-Man was my shit as a kid so I’ll still watch to see how it stacks up to my perception of he universe.

Marvel's Thor movies have a fuckton of He-Man aesthetic

I always liked Webstor as a kid

webstor_f.jpg

Not to be confused with WEBSTER, the little black kid who was really a man

Webster.jpg

Goyer must be charismatic as fuck in person to get so many jobs.

This movie is going to suck no matter who directs it

This type of fantasy adventure stuff has flop written all of it

I always liked Webstor as a kid

webstor_f.jpg

Not to be confused with WEBSTER, the little black kid who was really a man

Webster.jpg

2000s redesigns were pretty dope. I think weakest redesin was He-man as he was too anime and less like his Conan roots.

83818.jpg

trapjaw.jpg

Can't wait to see how they ruin my childhood this time!

I ain't mad at it... a bit skeptical... but it could work. The trickiest thing about it imo... is getting skeletor right. Obviously He-man.. but that's just a matter of choosing the right actor & making him look cool & believable. Same with skeletor, but bringing in that skull head has to be done right without seeming like over the top CGI.

I thought Mortal Kombat did a nice job of using the mask of Shao Kahn sparingly. Skeletor actually doesn't have a face though so that might be out unless he's sporting a prosthetic face or something. Might be cooler just to go full on skull head though.

iu

They could also tell the story of how his face got burned away by acid... & so half the story is the actor's face & the end is the skull face. Just throwing out thoughts.

If there going heavily CGI for Skeletor they should get Frank Langella back to do the voice/face motion capture, by far the best thing in the original film.

I believe I've mentioned this before, but the only thing I care about is that Adam and He-Man are not played by the same dude. That was my pet peeve about the show, even as a child.
I dunno, I thought of it more like pencil neck Steve Rogers becoming Cap. It'd be weird if they weren't the same guy's face.

This will probably suck unfortunately, Goyer seems like he can write but he's a crap director.

The people asking why they didnt make Thor more serious or not wear his helmet can look to He Man for their answers.
The studio was scared the movie would be laughed at and look ridiculous like the Dolph Lundgren flick.
A movie like this can get Beastmaster cheesy really quick if not done right. Hopefully they can pull it off.

I hope that Skeleton dude is reaaly scary and evil.

Also- hope we get some big titties barely covered up with armour and stuff.

Goyer, ugh. From the director that ruined the Blade franchise...

Its a step up from McG though, although to be fair bubonic plague is a step up as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back