Movies MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Movie Dead at Netflix After at Least $30 Million in Development (post #221)

IF, if this movie is made I hope from top to bottom doesn’t fuck it up.

It has to be done in the seriousness of LOTR. Production, casting/acting etc.

Don’t fuck it up!

Comicbooks wise how strong is He-man supposed to be ?
Way late to the party and a little off topic but the toy creaters said in a documentary that they measured his scale size and dunked it in water to get the volumetric equivalent and said he would weigh around 750lbs if he were human.

Way late to the party and a little off topic but the toy creaters said in a documentary that they measured his scale size and dunked it in water to get the volumetric equivalent and said he would weigh around 750lbs if he were human.
Yeah but how strong is he ?

Yeah but how strong is he ?
No idea, I just thought that tid bit was interesting.

I guess the strongest since he went to toe in a draw with that ultra Superman and you know “ he has the power” so maybe unlimited for all we know lol.

They never really got into power scaling in the early 80’s like they do now.

He was just all that is man and the strongest so deal with it kinda attitude lol.

No idea, I just thought that tid bit was interesting.

I guess the strongest since he went to toe in a draw with that ultra Superman and you know “ he has the power” so maybe unlimited for all we know lol.

They never really got into power scaling in the early 80’s like they do now.

He was just all that is man and the strongest so deal with it kinda attitude lol.
Nice. He seemed pretty strong in the Toonami Reboot in the 2000s good Cartoon. Underrated

Oh cool, I see the Nee brothers made one movie ever that no one saw and look like metrosexual hipster cowboys. This should make at least $5 billion in the opening weekend.

More like the Nay brothers, amirite?
More like the Knights Who Say "GTFO and get me some directors whose balls have dropped"

I've got a casting suggestion for He-Man.

John Cena. He's been acting, I'm.not impressed and I don't see him making a career like the Rock. But I could see him having a bit of a Run like Hulk Hogan did. Also I think a young Hulk Hogan would have been an excellent cast for this.

But Cena is the right age, has the physique and jaw line, as well as the right complexion.

You heard it here first!!

would people from this generation even know who He Man is? I even remember the old movie sucked like it was some Conan rip off, what would change with a new film, the better thing would be to re release the line of toys first and maybe do a netflix cartoon series , then maybe down the line a moive.

Update: February 8, 2018

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Still Needs a Directo as David S. Goyer Passes

O3LXxKs.jpg

“Masters of the Universe” is still in the hunt for a director, Variety has learned. Sony Pictures, the studio behind the He-Man movie, had been in talks with David S. Goyer, but the filmmaker and screenwriter has had to drop out because of other commitments.

Goyer turned in a draft of “Masters of the Universe” last fall that excited the studio so much that they hoped to convince him to slide behind the camera. However, Goyer is enmeshed in work on “Foundation,” a mini-series adaptation of Irving Asimov’s science-fiction trilogy, and won’t be able to juggle both projects.

Complicating matters is “Masters of the Universe’s” Dec. 18, 2019, release date, which puts a clock on the production. Before Goyer fell out, Sony had been getting ready to talk to actors about joining the film.

Goyer will stay involved on “Masters of the Universe” as an executive producer and screenwriter. “Masters of the Universe” is based on a Mattel toyline and popular children’s cartoon. It centers on mythical fantasy world in which Prince Adam battles with the villainous Skeletor as his heroic alter-ego He-Man.

Goyer is best known as the co-writer of “Batman Begins,” “Dark City,” and “Man of Steel.” “Foundation” is being backed by Skydance Media and overseen by Josh Friedman.

Sony is currently meeting with other candidates to direct the film and still believes it will make its release date.

‘Masters of the Universe’ Still Needs Director as David S. Goyer Passes (Exclusive)
Their standards can't be very high if the Goytard impressed them.

They've got the tools to make a bitching Battle Cat vs Panthor fight. This has the potential to be awesome if they don't go the corny route.

Update: March 20, 2019

Noah Centineo in Talks to Play He-Man in MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE Live-Action Movie

91ekhcq.jpg

Noah Centineo is in talks to play the lead role of He-Man in Sony Pictures and Mattel Films “Masters of the Universe,” an individual with knowledge of the project exclusively tells TheWrap.

Aaron and Adam Nee are set to direct from a script rewritten by “Iron Man” screenwriters Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. The Nee Brothers also have screenwriting credit. The project was previously written by David S. Goyer, who is also an executive producer.

The project was previously written by David S. Goyer, who is also an executive producer.

Launched in 1982, the toy line was notable for an ever-expanding roster of colorful characters with weird gimmicks — like “Mekaneck,” whose neck extends, or “Man-E-Faces,” who transforms his head from human to robot to monster — and for minicomics included with every toy that explained and expanded the line’s lore.

The line’s popularity was boosted by “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe,” an animated series produced by Filmation from 1983-1985. That show spawned a feature animated film “He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword,” and the for-television “He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special,” launching the successor “She-Ra: Princess of Power” cartoon and line of toys.

“Masters of the Universe” was previously adapted as a live-action film in 1987, with Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and Frank Langella as Skeletor, and featuring Courtney Cox in one of her first film roles.

The new film is being produced by Escape Artists principals Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch. Mattel is also involved with the movie, as its execs Julia Pistor and David Voss will executive produce on behalf of the company.

Hot off the success of Netflix’s “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” and “Sierra Burgess Is A Loser,” Centineo just began production on “To All The Boys 2” and will be seen in “Charlie’s Angels” later this year.

https://www.thewrap.com/noah-centineo-he-man-masters-of-the-universe/

*Googles Noah Centineo shirtless*

It's He-Man and they may cast some fay looking twink?
<{clintugh}>

Looks perfect for Adam, but I wonder if they'll get someone else to play He-Man.

Is he planning on packing on 100 pounds of muscle before filming starts?

Back