Matchroom Boxing/DAZN oct.6 Jarrell Miller vs Tomasz Adamek. What?

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
One of the fights planned for Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn’s first American-based DAZN card on Oct. 6 in Chicago is, on paper, a disgraceful mismatch. Multiple sources told ESPN that terms have been agreed to for heavyweight contender Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller (21-0-1, 18 KOs), 30, of Brooklyn, New York, to face the long-faded Tomasz Adamek (53-5, 31 KOs), 41, who has not been a serious factor since 2012. But because Adamek, a former light heavyweight and cruiserweight world titleholder, is a hugely popular Polish fighter and the card is in Polish-heavy Chicago he is being fed to Miller, who is on the verge of a world title fight. Some close to Hearn have voiced their concerns over how much of a gross mismatch the fight is.

i

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer41m ago

Beterbiev vs Johnson
Jessie vargas vs dulorme

And this shit of a Hw fight now

Not looking good for Hern...of his 8 year / 1 billion $ deal only the first 2 are guaranteed.....just saying

Eddie Hearn on his DAZN deal: "We cant make the same mistakes as PBC"

I'd like to see Miller vs Whyte but don't expect it.

One of the fights planned for Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn’s first American-based DAZN card on Oct. 6 in Chicago is, on paper, a disgraceful mismatch. Multiple sources told ESPN that terms have been agreed to for heavyweight contender Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller (21-0-1, 18 KOs), 30, of Brooklyn, New York, to face the long-faded Tomasz Adamek (53-5, 31 KOs), 41, who has not been a serious factor since 2012. But because Adamek, a former light heavyweight and cruiserweight world titleholder, is a hugely popular Polish fighter and the card is in Polish-heavy Chicago he is being fed to Miller, who is on the verge of a world title fight. Some close to Hearn have voiced their concerns over how much of a gross mismatch the fight is.

i

Dan Rafael, ESPN Senior Writer41m ago

Beterbiev vs Johnson
Jessie vargas vs dulorme

And this shit of a Hw fight now

Not looking good for Hern...of his 8 year / 1 billion $ deal only the first 2 are guaranteed.....just saying
Khan-Brook
Usyk-Bellew
Joshua-Povetkin.

I think Hearns doing alright.

Eeeek!
Adamek looked punchy when he was in there with Michael Grant.
He's waaaaaaaaaaaay passed it now.

Khan-Brook
Usyk-Bellew
Joshua-Povetkin.

I think Hearns doing alright.

Those are Euro events, he has always done well there.

The DAZN money was to expand Matchroom Boxing USA which has been subpar so far. Aside from Saunders vs Andrade hopefully happening.

Adamek is on a 3 fight win streak.

What do you guys think of miller? I saw one of his first pro boxing fights in 2012,and seen him training kickboxing at Renzos and various other fight events in nyc. Hes come a long way since,but damn he comes in heavy latley. He weighed 3 bills in his last one.

Probably want to make Miller look good for his upcoming fight against AJ after Povetkin. Wilder fight will not happen anytime soon and for a business point of view it shouldn't. Not saying it should take as long as Pac/Floyd did but a few more fights down the line. Build up both fighters more especially Wilder who doesn't really have much of a following.

Miller needs to get his diet under some semblance of control, or he’s getting ko’d By the sugar Diabeetus!

Wilder fight will not happen anytime soon and for a business point of view it shouldn't. Not saying it should take as long as Pac/Floyd did but a few more fights down the line. Build up both fighters more especially Wilder who doesn't really have much of a following.

IMO wilder vs AJ should have been made this year. In an ideal world where Joshua and Wilder are unbeatable what you're saying would be the perfect bussiness strategy. Build it up as much as you can. But in reality they are fighting in the toughest division of all where even an unranked guy can knock you out with one punch. It's about time they lose their "undefeated status". It could very well be Povetkin ruining the party next month. Or maybe Fury after a couple of months.

I’m not sure Adamek could even beat Beterbiev at this point. Miller is going to wreck him.

BIG BABY 317LBS. ADAMEK 227LBS.

miller11.png

What do you guys think of miller? I saw one of his first pro boxing fights in 2012,and seen him training kickboxing at Renzos and various other fight events in nyc. Hes come a long way since,but damn he comes in heavy latley. He weighed 3 bills in his last one.

I thought he was an average ass kickboxer, he lost twice to 800 year old Cro Cop so I kinda figured he'd just disappear when he started boxing I didn't imagine him going as far as he has but that weight issue will end up being a problem eventually. He should do something about it sooner rather than later

Back