Matt Lauer fired from NBC for a single allegation of sexual misconduct-- the first in his career

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
‘Today’ show host Matt Lauer fired after NBC said it received complaint about ‘inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace’
WaPo said:
In a statement read on the air by Savannah Guthrie from NBC News Chairman Andy Lack, the network said it received a complaint about “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace,” and decided to terminate the longtime “Today” show host’s employment. The memo says it was the first complaint lodged against Lauer during his career at NBC, but that “we were also presented with reason to believe this my not have been an isolated” incident.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.
Fire first, answer questions later.

damn you're fast. I just got the notification a minute ago.

No no ladies you are supposed to get the white man!

That's life in the Weinstein/Spacey era.. because of these 2 anyone can yell sex harass n ur guilty till innocent an even then still pretty much viewed guilty even if innocent.

Been a pretty decent hunting season on careers. Wonder what the bag limit is? Lauer's got to be at least a 5 pointer, possibly even a 6.

1200px-Melissa_Bachman_with_Hunting_Rifle_%282%29.jpg

maybe its cheaper to fire him than to renew his contract.

hard to imagine a company is willing to character assassinate over a pay dispute.

maybe there was supporting evidence (as ben shapiro brings up on these sorts of claims)

example: the accuser said he groped her in a bmw, and it turns out the assaulter actually has a bmw.

the bmw albiet a very weak supporting fact is still better than a accusation that brings nothing to the table.

----

edit: subtle support from potus here, wasnt matt friendly to trump in an interview ? people were pissed if i remember right

Last edited:
I assume this has to be full blown sexual assault and not harassment. Must have made demands of an intern or something and there was emails or texts as proof. Can't be a mere he said, she said - unless he admitted it. I guess he could admit to having a consensual relationship with an underling, and said woman said it was coerced do to the power difference he had over her. NBC could have even had a "good conduct" clause which forbid power discrepancy relationships - just Lauer having a sexual relationship with an intern or somebody much lower in power/stature would be grounds for firing for breach of contract.

Last edited:
Not to disparage legit sexual assault, and I'm not speculating on this instance, but the amount of power ho's have in American society is absurd. They can bury careers, destroy families, etc with a mere allegation, with the burden of proof almost always falling on the accused. And even in the case the accused's name is cleared, the accuser is rarely held accountable for essentially ruining someone's life.

Damn white male privilege, it is a little unsettling they fired him right away. Maybe it is that bad

American females have got to start checking their privilege and stop oppressing American males.

Lack's statement said the company found that after a serious review of the complaint it represented "a clear violation" of the company's standards, and Lauer was terminated as a result.

The link of the story I read had the above, so it does look like the company reviewed and investigated it before sacking him so it may be fully justified

Wait I thought the liberal media was only going after Conservatives, which explains Roy Moore's troubles.

Wonder how many of the rich, famous and powerful are wracking their brains for any skeletons that might fly out of their closets to bite them in the ass during this period? For a lot of them, there's years and decades of potential debauchery and excess to sift through.

Oh yeah, obligatory: Guess he shouldn't have done whatever. It was apparently the wrong thing to do.

These guys live in their own world. Groping and sexual activity at work is just regular life for them until now.

Its like when you walk into a friends house and it's just got shit everywhere, dirty dishes in the table, clothes on the floor and you're like how do you live liie this, but they are just completely used to it and don't even notice it.

These guys live in their own world. Groping and sexual activity at work is just regular life for them until now.

Its like when you walk into a friends house and it's just got shit everywhere, dirty dishes in the table, clothes on the floor and you're like how do you live liie this, but they are just completely used to it and don't even notice it.
Oh rly? What did he do?

Oh rly? What did he do?
Careful, asking for evidence can get you called a troll these days And sometimes even reply banned ;). Its rare, but it seems we agree you and I. Unless they got some serious evidence their keeping to their chest it's likely he got fired over a baseless acusation

Back