Matt Lauer fired from NBC for a single allegation of sexual misconduct-- the first in his career

What evidence do you seem to think you're operating with that otbers aren't? Tell me what firsthand details about incidents with Lauer have you personally seen that lead you to your conclusion. You seem to think you have something beyond what the media told you, and you don't.

Your condemnation isn't the result of hard evidence you've personally handled. It's how you've been told to feel, and because they're people you don't like, you're more than willing to feel that way. But when likelihood turns around and makes it clear people you support have an even more disgusting history, you don't care. You'll even defend them.

Him admitting them? That's not info anyone else doesn't have, but I seem to take it more seriously than you.

And I quite liked Louis and used to love Cosby. Seen both live multiple times, have albums, and watched their shows. Both are scumbags. Most of the other guys I've either never heard of or never cared about one way or another.

Spare me that bullshit because it makes it clear your end game certainly isn't justice.

It's odd that you, the sexual abuse apologizer, are trying to be so sanctimonious.

Such a great guy, who wouldn't want to work with him?

it's like you'de never expect that guy to say something like that. guy definitely good at keeping his tv personality different than his personal life. Complete opposite.

Not sure where the assault is here.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ed-her-until-passed-out-in-office-report.html

According to the report, Lauer was behind his desk and she took a seat in the office. She said he locked the door from a button at his desk and he asked her to unbutton her blouse. She said she complied and claims he got up from his desk, approached her from behind, bent her over his desk and had sex.

She claims that she passed out during intercourse and woke up later on the floor in his office. She said Lauer had his assistant take her to a nurse. She told the Times that Lauer never mentioned the encounter with her again and she said she left the network about a year later.

Maybe she should have said no to his request and not bent over for the dick. Her passing out doesn't amount to much unless he took the opportunity to jam it up her ass or something.

Like I said before how come nobody in the media has spoken out against this witch hunt on Jewish men? Matt Lauer another Jewish man accused and fired, where is the fair trial, this is straight up Antisemitism yet the media sweeps it under the rug and never mentions this.

What do you mean fair trial? How can one read all this and think that this isn't enough to fire somebody?

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

These accounts of Lauer’s behavior at NBC are the result of a two-month investigation by Variety, with dozens of interviews with current and former staffers. Variety has talked to three women who identified themselves as victims of sexual harassment by Lauer, and their stories have been corroborated by friends or colleagues that they told at the time. They have asked for now to remain unnamed, fearing professional repercussions.

On Wednesday, NBC announced that Lauer was firedfrom “Today.” It was a stunning move for a co-host who was widely considered the crown jewel of the network’s news division, with a $25 million annual salary. The cause of his dismissal, according to sources, was a detailed complaint from another current NBC employee about inappropriate sexual conduct from Lauer that started on a trip at the Sochi Olympics in 2014 and continued for several months.

The employee met with human resources at NBC on Monday night. In a statement, NBC News Chairman Andy Lack called this the first complaint about his behavior in over 20 years and acknowledged that it may not be the last: “We were also presented with reason to believe that this may not have been an isolated incident,” Lack said.

Several women told Variety they complained to executives at the network about Lauer’s behavior, which fell on deaf ears given the lucrative advertising surrounding “Today.” NBC declined to comment. For most of Lauer’s tenure at “Today,” the morning news show was No. 1 in the ratings, and executives were eager to keep him happy.

Despite being married, Lauer was fixated on women, especially their bodies and looks, according to more than 10 accounts from current and former employees. He was known for making lewd comments verbally or over text messages. He once made a suggestive reference to a colleague’s performance in bed and compared it to how she was able to complete her job, according to witnesses to the exchange. For Lauer, work and sex were intertwined.

“There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,” says a former producer who knew first-hand of these encounters. “He couldn’t sleep around town with celebrities or on the road with random people, because he’s Matt Lauer and he’s married. So he’d have to do it within his stable, where he exerted power, and he knew people wouldn’t ever complain.”

Lauer, who was paranoid about being followed by tabloid reporters, grew more emboldened at 30 Rockefeller Center as his profile rose following Katie Couric’s departure from “Today” in 2006. His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him, according to two women who were sexually harassed by Lauer.

According to sources, the sexual harassment extended to when Lauer traveled on assignment for NBC. Several employees recall how he paid intense attention to a young woman on his staff that he found attractive, focusing intently on her career ambitions. And he asked the same producer to his hotel room to deliver him a pillow, according to sources with knowledge of the interaction.

This was part of a pattern. According to multiple accounts, independently corroborated by Variety, Lauer would invite women employed by NBC late at night to his hotel room while covering the Olympics in various cities over the years. He later told colleagues how his wife had accompanied him to the London Olympics because she didn’t trust him to travel alone.

The spotlight on Lauer intensified earlier this month, when his longtime booker Matt Zimmerman was fired over sexual harassment complaints. The two were very close, and Lauer had promoted Zimmerman to a high executive position and offered him a powerful perch.

Lauer’s conduct was not a secret among other employees at “Today,” numerous sources say. At least one of the anchors would gossip about stories she had heard, spreading them among the staff. “Management sucks there,” says a former reporter, who asked not to be identified, speaking about executives who previously worked at the show. “They protected the s— out of Matt Lauer.”

Some producers told Variety they were conflicted about what to do around Lauer. They worried that their careers would be sidelined if they didn’t return his advances. “There is such shame with Matt Lauer not liking you,” the former employee added. “I did this special with him and we are traveling and I had a cold sore on my lip and I heard him say to Bryant Gumbel, ‘She has this really ugly cold sore on her lip,’ like that was something to be ashamed of. He was just really cruel.”

According to producers, Lauer — who had considerable editorial clout over which stories would ultimately air on “Today” — would frequently dismiss stories about cheating husbands. However, in the wake of Roger Ailes and Harvey Weinstein, Lauer had to keep up with a national conversation about sexual harassment. It often made for awkward moments on TV for staff members who knew about Lauer’s private interactions.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-lauer-accused-sexual-harassment-multiple-women-1202625959/amp/

This has been going on for years and NBC tried to sweep it under the rug but couldn't anymore due to what's currently happening. NBC obviously investigated it themselves and had no choice but to let this scumbag go. Why are some of you white knighting this piece of shit who abused his power all because some men out there have been wrongfully accused??

And now you're playing the Jewish card..

{<huh}

It's absurd how far people are going with needing evidence. Does every ass grab have a picture? Is everything said between two people in private recorded? No.. Especially back then. This guy has a history that's well known among the people he works with. Is that not enough anymore?

He's not going to jail so calm the fuck down.

Not sure where the assault is here.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ed-her-until-passed-out-in-office-report.html

Maybe she should have said no to his request and not bent over for the dick. Her passing out doesn't amount to much unless he took the opportunity to jam it up her ass or something.

Not sure. I mean, according to her, she was locked in the room, so she could argue she didn't resist out of fear. Just because she didn't scream or fight back, doesn't mean she was cool with it. There are probably a few prison inmates experiencing a similar scenario right now.

When you're paying a guy 20 mill a year, you can bet your ass that you're not going to just fire that person over rumours and bullshit.

It's absurd how far people are going with needing evidence. Does every ass grab have a picture? Is everything said between two people in private recorded? No.. Especially back then. This guy has a history that's well known among the people he works with. Is that not enough anymore?

Because I've seen this kind of shit happened to my colleague at my old work place years ago. He was falsely accused of groping a female coworker in the ass while having a smoke behind the building. Now if we were to simply accept his accuser's words, he'd be terminated from his job. We looked through the security camera footage and it showed that he didn't even approach her where she said the incident happened.

Of course, nothing happened to the crazy bitch and she eventually quit after a few months after everyone avoided her. It's way too easy to accuse someone and ruin their career if we were to believe every #metoo story. You need serious evidence for serious accusations.

Edit: Now I think of it, she really did resemble this, add a nose ring:
angry-feminist.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure. I mean, according to her, she was locked in the room, so she could argue she didn't resist out of fear. Just because she didn't scream or fight back, doesn't mean she was cool with it. There are probably a few prison inmates experiencing a similar scenario right now.

If we forego all reasoning I guess the claim of fear for one's physical safety could fly. Hard to imagine though. Certainly doesn't pass the smell test here.

As for how cool she was with it, she was willing to comply and I saw no mention of threats. Locking the office door doesn't really constitute one since that would be a prudent move for anyone fucking in their office during business hours. Sounds like a woman who doesn't want to take responsibility for her own actions. Probably why she got divorced shortly thereafter. If my wife told me she was "assaulted" by her boss in her office and it amounted to her letting him fuck her after she opened up her blouse at his request I'd be finding a new mate too.

Because I've seen this kind of shit happened to my colleague at my old work place years ago. He was falsely accused of groping a female coworker in the ass while having a smoke behind the building. Now if we were to simply accept his accuser's words, he'd be terminated from his job. We looked through the security camera footage and it showed that he didn't even approach her where she said the incident happened.

Of course, nothing happened to the crazy bitch and she eventually quit after a few months after everyone avoided her. It's way too easy to accuse someone and ruin their career if we were to believe every #metoo story. You need serious evidence for serious accusations.

Edit: Now I think of it, she really did resemble this, add a nose ring:
angry-feminist.jpg

Did you not read the Variety article which has been following this for two months now? Multiple workers in the company have now come out claiming these accusations to be true. It wasn't just one thing he did, this has been going on for years.

Add in the video posted earlier with him telling a co-worker to keep bending over and what's left for you to defend here? Some guy at your old work being wrongfully accused doesn't make these ones not true.

What more evidence do you fucking need?

What do you mean fair trial? How can one read all this and think that this isn't enough to fire somebody?

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-lauer-accused-sexual-harassment-multiple-women-1202625959/amp/

This has been going on for years and NBC tried to sweep it under the rug but couldn't anymore due to what's currently happening. NBC obviously investigated it themselves and had no choice but to let this scumbag go. Why are some of you white knighting this piece of shit who abused his power all because some men out there have been wrongfully accused??

And now you're playing the Jewish card..

{<huh}

iu

If we forego all reasoning I guess the claim of fear for one's physical safety could fly. Hard to imagine though. Certainly doesn't pass the smell test here.

As for how cool she was with it, she was willing to comply and I saw no mention of threats. Locking the office door doesn't really constitute one since that would be a prudent move for anyone fucking in their office during business hours. Sounds like a woman who doesn't want to take responsibility for her own actions. Probably why she got divorced shortly thereafter. If my wife told me she was "assaulted" by her boss in her office and it amounted to her letting him fuck her after she opened up her blouse at his request I'd be finding a new mate too.

Well, the thing with these incidents, is that I can see both possibilities. She could could be a bitter lying whore, or he could've just used his power to do shit like that, and did it specifically because nobody would dare tell anyone, and nobody would believe some intern or whatever, over the $20 million dollar man.

I don't like the retroactive complaints though, period. If you felt assaulted in the moment, go to the police in the moment. I'm just saying that I can believe her side of things, and how she interprets them. I can also believe she's full of shit, and just looking for a slice of that settlement pie NBC might be tossing around pretty soon.

Well, the thing with these incidents, is that I can see both possibilities. She could could be a bitter lying whore, or he could've just used his power to do shit like that, and did it specifically because nobody would dare tell anyone, and nobody would believe some intern or whatever, over the $20 million dollar man.

I don't like the retroactive complaints though, period. If you felt assaulted in the moment, go to the police in the moment. I'm just saying that I can believe her side of things, and how she interprets them. I can also believe she's full of shit, and just looking for a slice of that settlement pie NBC might be tossing around pretty soon.

She could be telling the truth and it still not be sexual assault. At least from these details.
  • He locked the door.
  • He indicated he was interested in sex by telling her to open her blouse.
  • She opened it up for him.
  • He got up and fondled her from behind.
  • He bent her over the desk and plowed.
  • She somehow passed out.
  • She was seen by a nurse.
That last detail being the strangest. What other facts are there? Just based on this, seems far more likely she was thinking about her career than her safety. My point is I'd need to hear a bit more with this story to consider her a victim of something other than poor judgment.

Hardly seems appropriate to compare this scenario to prison, where someone would comply out of legitimate fear for his life. If "private meeting in an office" and "prison gang rape" can be equated for anyone, then that someone should probably stay out of the workforce.

WaPo article about the button under Matt's desk that locked his office door:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...e_story.html?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.4c27c99aca2c

I'm not going to get into the semantics of him having a door that locks from a desk/button. Rather, this sentence stood out for me within the article:

“Apparently, Matt was one of the few, if not the only, NBC News employee to have one,” said a senior NBC News employee, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the worker wasn’t authorized to speak on the record.

So, a senior member of the news media was not authorized to speak to another member of the news media regarding a current newsworthy story.

Exactly.

i wonder how many of the people in here at least believing in the possibility he is "innocent" gave the same possibility that Oreilly was innocent as well. seems to me they are both pieces of shit. and the video of him saying that stuff on camera about meredith viera erased all doubt for me

Man that was some creepy serial killer eyes he was giving when he was talking to Viera.

tho on a related matter Viera was a pretty hot gilf for a while there.<20>

Back