Matt Lauer fired from NBC for a single allegation of sexual misconduct-- the first in his career

Hardly seems appropriate to compare this scenario to prison, where someone would comply out of legitimate fear for his life. If "private meeting in an office" and "prison gang rape" can be equated for anyone, then that someone should probably stay out of the workforce.

Why do you go right to "gang rape"? If a small defenseless guy is bunking with someone who could literally kill them with their bare hands, what are his options if the big dude wants to bang? Not many.

Not that I'm saying this is the case. You have to put yourself woman's shoes though. Matt Laurer ain't no vicious looking dude, but he could likely still overpower your average woman. Add his position of power on top of that, and it's quite the predicament for some random nobody chick. It's certainly brazen of Laurer to attempt it, but after hearing some of the shit Weinstein would do on the regular and get away with, nothing really surprises me.

Again though, not saying I totally believe her, just saying that it's completely possible that she might've felt powerless in that situation, and felt that Laurer took advantage of his position, and violated her.

Being a communist is a nebulous concept, and also we don't police fucking political ideology in a free society.
"Sexual misconduct" is a nebulous concept as well. That's why that blanket phrase is replacing sexual harassment, rape, or sexual assault, which are defined and can be determined in criminal trials or formal reviews.

Being a sexual predator isn't a constitutionally protected right. Sorry about that.
Actually, a lot of the behaviors that are being labeled as "sexual misconduct" here and are causing loss of jobs and other private penalties are in fact constitutionally-protected. Would you like to try to argue that?

So you have zero examples?
Many of the McCarthy trials were based on true claims. That's not why they were unethical or wrong. Do you understand the real issue?

If we forego all reasoning I guess the claim of fear for one's physical safety could fly. Hard to imagine though. Certainly doesn't pass the smell test here.

How about Lauer just go to work and do his fucking job and then go home and and do whatever he wants in his private life, instead of auto locking a chick in his office and asking her to undress. Let's just start there if we can.

Why can't these guys just do their fucking job at work and then go and do whatever their (legal) thing is outside of work?

Last edited:
Yes, the 10-15 percent or so of men who are scumbags are finally getting called out on it, and that is certainly akin to McCarthyism. Not one story that has broken so far has shown to be likely false yet.
Right, and the 10-15 percent of Americans who are Commie scum were finally called out by McCarthy. After all, a large portion of McCarthy's accusations were based on actual evidence, so it's all good, right?

I'm starting to think the defenders of the men here are in the wrong percentage. Either that, or ugly.
@Madmick or any other mod, what are the rules regarding these childish ad hominem comments?

Many of the McCarthy trials were based on true claims. That's not why they were unethical or wrong. Do you understand the real issue?

You are trying to conflate thought crimes with actual actions because it is a famous example. You are afraid that this is going to become a boogey man where anyone who is disliked by the government (maybe?) could be arbitrarily fired by getting someone to say they touched them inappropriately. Being a communist isn't against title IX where as sexual harassment is, these men have been admitting to their actions, so comparing it to McCarthyism doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry all these men are being punished for sexually harassing their coworkers, just as you, I, or any of us would be had we been a creepy pervert who couldn't keep it in his pants at work.

Right, and the 10-15 percent of Americans who are Commie scum were finally called out by McCarthy. After all, a large portion of McCarthy's accusations were based on actual evidence, so it's all good, right?

@Madmick or any other mod, what are the rules regarding these childish ad hominem comments?

McCarthy was acting on behalf of the government, the companies are private entities. It's an important difference.

Well, I think we see two distinct sides of journalism with this industry wide scandal.

1. A few factual reports can send shockwaves through entire sectors of the media if believed by enough of the populace. So yeah, actual journalism can be very powerful.
2.. Journalists have done a piss poor job for decades policing their own. NBC happens to be the network that tried to squash the original story about Weinstein, forcing the authors to eventually take the story to the New Yorker. So apparently because journalists are powerful, other journalists leave them be to exploit women (and teenage amles) to their hearts' content.

"Sexual misconduct" is a nebulous concept as well. That's why that blanket phrase is replacing sexual harassment, rape, or sexual assault, which are defined and can be determined in criminal trials or formal reviews.

Actually, a lot of the behaviors that are being labeled as "sexual misconduct" here and are causing loss of jobs and other private penalties are in fact constitutionally-protected. Would you like to try to argue that?
Sending your subordinates dildos is constitutionally protected?

<mma4>

robfordwreckingball.gif

Not sure where the assault is here.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ed-her-until-passed-out-in-office-report.html

Maybe she should have said no to his request and not bent over for the dick. Her passing out doesn't amount to much unless he took the opportunity to jam it up her ass or something.

Actually her passing out fits the story that she felt so intimidated and repulsed by the whole situation she literally froze and shut down. I have no problem believing that. I've seen it happen to people walking onto a airplane and all they would have to do is turn around and walk off but froze and went into a panic attack.

If she can prove that a nurse had to come and help her it pretty much would be a open and shut case. If true I hope she sues him big time.

It wouldnt shock me a bit if the GOP were found to be behind some of these allegations against people like Lauer and Franken.

For example, when O'Reilly went down you could tell nobody was surprised. They all knew it went on. But when the news went on about Lauer you could tell they all were floored and had no idea. Makes you definitely wonder if there was some sabotage going on. And wouldnt fox news just love all this?

For now I will give Matt the benefit of the doubt until I see actual evidence

2.. Journalists have done a piss poor job for decades policing their own. NBC happens to be the network that tried to squash the original story about Weinstein, forcing the authors to eventually take the story to the New Yorker. So apparently because journalists are powerful, other journalists leave them be to exploit women (and teenage amles) to their hearts' content.

This comment made be think about the Journolist: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JournoList

If a collection of 400 journalists can organize themselves to ensure that certain ideas, questions, and candidates are elevated, while ignoring (or disparaging others), then that seems like a pretty organized and tight-knit group. One that could certainly keep their lips shut regarding bad behavior amongst members of their close-knit group.

It wouldnt shock me a bit if the GOP were found to be behind some of these allegations against people like Lauer and Franken.

For example, when O'Reilly went down you could tell nobody was surprised. They all knew it went on. But when the news went on about Lauer you could tell they all were floored and had no idea. Makes you definitely wonder if there was some sabotage going on. And wouldnt fox news just love all this?

For now I will give Matt the benefit of the doubt until I see actual evidence

You may be correct.

However, no one acted surprised by O'Reilly because he has been accused of this type of behavior in the past. Plus, he simply seems like a jerk. In fact, he seems to enjoy the fact he is seen as a jerk.

Lauer (and just about all morning talk-show hosts) are cultivated to look and act like your dad. When you find out that that image was all a ruse, you will be shocked, saddened, and repulsed.

Morning news shows have a wonderful defense: They're rubbish.

Today, GMA, This Morning, etc. is really just:

1. Promoters of the network - "Next on CBS this morning, we're interviewing the castaway who was voted off Survivor last night."
2. Garbage - "After this commercial break, we will make guacamole with a Kardashian. Later, we'll show you a piece of toast that looks like Papa Smurf."
3. News for five minutes - "Thanks for that guacamole recipe. Sadly, 40 people died in an earthquake in Central Lahkastan overnight."

Welcome to being a Conservative for the last 10-15 years, Mick. The Left created this world and until now has somehow managed to live above it. Now it's just catching up to you. Welcome to it.

But, these accusations against Lauer are turning out to be true....and disturbing...

I wouldn't classify this as a witch hunt....yet.

Sending your subordinates dildos is constitutionally protected?

<mma4>
Asking someone if they want to have sex is constitutionally-protected. I think it's only about 20% likely that you're following the conversation though and that your reply would be something along the lines of implying that this means I'm saying sexual harassment in the workplace should not cause people to be fired.

But, these accusations against Lauer are turning out to be true....and disturbing...

I wouldn't classify this as a witch hunt....yet.

They are true. Up until now, Dems have for the most part been exempt from their own rules. That seems to finally be catching up.

Back