Max. Be smart now.. so you can be smart later.

If he should get out then he certainly shouldn’t be enabling more fighters to get CTE. Maybe mma isn’t the sport for you.

Nah it’s the sport for me. But at some point everyone needs to say enough is enough. Die to be champ for all I care. Fighters are modern day gladiators in my eyes. I feel lucky to be alive in a period of time where civilized society allows this kind of blatant violence to be miscategorized as a sport.

But once a warrior has been crowned champion it’s over. He made it. If there is doubt on weather he can go on taking damage there should be no discussion. Stop.

He won - it’s done - keep him great.

Max-Holloway-696x399.png

Then what caused it? something caused it...use logic...he wasn't like that before his weight cut right? I agree it's not concussion related..if it was, he would have showed signs after his last fight with aldo..he never did...it was only after his weight cut...that most definitely had something to do with it...maybe it was the water depletion...who knows...but he needs to do things differently or it's going to happen again.
You use logic. If his potassium was fine (which is what causes seizures during cuts) and he has no concussion related symptoms, then what? I don’t know. But I’ll take him being medically cleared over a sherdoggers speculation any day of the week.

TS, is assuming Max was suffering from concussions...

When in reality, it’s far more, monumentally more likely that he was suffering from a poor weight cut.

How about you encourage him to vacate the belt and fight at 155?

He’s champ. He won. It’s done.

I’m not saying this about Gaethje. He’s a mess but he still has work to do. I have no problem with self sacrificing everything to get to the top but Max is already there.

And he’s not looking so good mentally, and he’s young and he’s great.

ct-spt-ufc-concussion-max-holloway-20180705
If you ask Max, I'm sure he'll tell you he's far from done. His career earnings aren't that significant, he certainly hasn't made enough to secure his family's future. He needs several more fights to get to that point.

He's always been... how can I say this lightly.... not the most articulate speaker. From the day he entered the UFC. I don't think CTE is the cause of that.

You use logic. If his potassium was fine (which is what causes seizures during cuts) and he has no concussion related symptoms, then what? I don’t know. But I’ll take him being medically cleared over a sherdoggers speculation any day of the week.

I'm not speculating...but you do agree something caused it, right? He sounded terrible..his team had trouble waking him up...that seems weight cut related...I have no clue what it is..but it is something though..

Thought they checked him for concussions and found nothing? I remember seeing something about they suspect water intoxication.

I hope he beats Ortega and then announces he is going up.

He's from Hawaii. Doesn't need to be smart later.

Ts is now a neurosurgeon .... he will be checked by many doctors and he and his close ones will determine whats next.

how the hell can you retire at like 26 years old...he's at his physical prime...

Mentally he’s not in his prime. Mentally after all those Hawaiian sparring sessions he is not doing well. We need to put mental injuries on the same level as physical injuries. If a champ had a broken back they wouldn’t keep sending him in but a broken brain.. get in there chuck and spar hard to get ready for Tito. It’s bs.

How is it wrong? Max has taken no beatings and has explained his symptoms were neither concussion based nor weight cut based. If you want to step up and be an advocate there are many better examples to use.
He can explain it was weight cut all day, but when you tower over the HW champ, weigh around 200 out of camp, then you should not be fighting at 145. He was a twig when he got signed to the UFC in his late teens, but now he is a big boned adult and should be fighting at 155 or 170. If the doctors shut your weight cut down at 155, you 100% should not be fighting at 145.

There's no way that speech was caused by a weight cut. Have you ever seen ANYBODY talk like that during a weight cut? They've been cutting weight for a loong time. That was concussion from stupid sparring, guaranteed.

He can explain it was weight cut all day, but when you tower over the HW champ, weigh around 200 out of camp, then you should not be fighting at 145. He was a twig when he got signed to the UFC in his late teens, but now he is a big boned adult and should be fighting at 155 or 170. If the doctors shut your weight cut down at 155, you 100% should not be fighting at 145.
Benevidez says he walks at 165. Should he be at Lw? Dudes can get fat as fuck if they want. He tried to step up and make a Superman cut late notice and he couldn’t. If you think he’s heavier in the cage than any of the other large framed contenders you’re kidding yourself. Anytime we see a dominant champ we immediate start seeing these weight cut theories. You bring up a 5’11” guy being taller than a 5’9” guy...great..glad you have some science behind you.

Benevidez says he walks at 165. Should he be at Lw? Dudes can get fat as fuck if they want. He tried to step up and make a Superman cut late notice and he couldn’t. If you think he’s heavier in the cage than any of the other large framed contenders you’re kidding yourself. Anytime we see a dominant champ we immediate start seeing these weight cut theories. You bring up a 5’11” guy being taller than a 5’9” guy...great..glad you have some science behind you.
Its not rocket science: he got shut down making 55, and when he tried making 45 last time, he almost died. He currently is the biggest guy for a weight class that I have ever seen and has no business being there currently.

0cea828e975d472e8c63e107bbdef547.jpg

khabib-holloway-ufc223media-faceoff-750.jpg

He is thick too, not like the scrawny kid that was fighting Conor at 20 years of age.

conor-mcgregor-max-holloway.jpg

I call BS on Joe B being 165 out of camp. That is Conor's out of camp weight.

Boring ass trolling. Try harder you unfunny fuck.

I'm not speculating...but you do agree something caused it, right? He sounded terrible..his team had trouble waking him up...that seems weight cut related...I have no clue what it is..but it is something though..

Hey, maybe you are all right. It was probably water or something. Let him bang.

We're all supposed to forget Max went full retard before his last fight.

This sport is fucked up.

Back