Max Holloway is the P4P No.1 fighter in the world

Touch of Death

Free @Soul On Ice
@Brown
Reaction score
First of all, let me say I am a Conor fan and I am not biased.

Max is currently ranked the no. 4 P4P fighter in the world. He has 15 wins at FW at the age of 26 and is currently got the 5th highest UFC win streak of all time at 12 wins which is also the 3rd most by active fighters if you include GSP, with DJ joint second with 13. He also has the most finishes in the FW division with 8 and has landed the most strikes in the divison too with 935, with the 5th highest strikes/minute at 5.67.

His last loss was nearly 5 years ago against Conor where he was only 21 at the time and is the only the second person Conor has not finished, with Nate being the other. He has decisively beat the FW GOAT Aldo twice and I don't want to hear that Aldo is not in his prime because his UFC 200 performance against Frankie was the best of his career. He has beat Lamas, Stephens, Cub, Pettis etc who are some of the best fighters in the divison and was the first fighter to stop Pettis which not even RDA could do.

Sure Max lost against Conor and even though it was a decisive loss, in the rematch I would give Max a good chance of avenging that loss.

Max is only 26 and could eventually move up to further cement his legacy. If you look at the other contenders for the top P4P spot, DC, DJ, GSP, TJ etc none of them have beat someone of Aldo's level twice.

Max should be the no.1 P4P fighter and if he beats Frankie which I expect him to do decisively, there is no doubt.

No doubting the fact that he's a top tier fighter. I do agree too that he'll beat Frankie, just a shame it's on such a pathetic card...

Max should be up there for sure now.

I don't have him over Mighty Mouse though. Mighty Mouse is just too talented and dominant and people can try and attribute that to a supposed shallow weight class but there are high level fighters on his resume.

He's up there but seeing as how Conor could make 145 again, I do not see how we can say this. That fight was a long time ago but it was Khabib vs Barboza level domination and Conor just has Max's number in every facet of the game. I think it would be closer but Conor has a massive reach on him and is better in all the areas where Max is, save for cardio, but Conor has substantially worked on that too by evidence of UFC 202, 205 and even the May fight. I'd love to see it, but until it happens, you gotta put Conor above him owing to that win and his accomplishments at higher weight classes.

Holloway looks awesome but no way. As others have mentioned the P4P ranking is utter nonsense, but since it is fun to talk about, Mighty Mouse is the man. I think with time we will be talking about Khabib though, especially as tough a division as that is.

P4P is a made up fantasy

I'm going to go with army ant as the best P4P fighter in the world.

Before some of you go looking for the fighter who has that as a nickname, I meant an actual army ant. I figure if we're talking about stupid, pointless, made up titles, we should at least do it right.

Over MM? While Conor is still "active".... troll..... With GSP winning a belt?

I agree, especially if he beats Edgar. Much higher level of competition than DJ. Although if we discount the Jones losses it's Cormier, no doubt.

Jones is the true #1 but if you want to disregard him for the time being Max, Conor, Khabib, Stipe, MM and DC can all stake a claim for the title

Max is P4P number 1? LOL

Good fighter but get out of here hahaha

He's up there but seeing as how Conor could make 145 again, I do not see how we can say this. That fight was a long time ago but it was Khabib vs Barboza level domination and Conor just has Max's number in every facet of the game. I think it would be closer but Conor has a massive reach on him and is better in all the areas where Max is, save for cardio, but Conor has substantially worked on that too by evidence of UFC 202, 205 and even the May fight. I'd love to see it, but until it happens, you gotta put Conor above him owing to that win and his accomplishments at higher weight classes.
Max finishes Conor in the championship rounds. Bruises and batters Max but gasses hard. Gets tkoed.

Max is currently ranked the no. 4 P4P fighter in the world. He has 15 wins at FW at the age of 26 and is currently got the 5th highest UFC win streak of all time at 12 wins which is also the 3rd most by active fighters if you include GSP, with DJ joint second with 13. He also has the most finishes in the FW division with 8 and has landed the most strikes in the divison too with 935, with the 5th highest strikes/minute at 5.67.

His last loss was nearly 5 years ago against Conor where he was only 21 at the time and is the only the second person Conor has not finished, with Nate being the other. He has decisively beat the FW GOAT Aldo twice and I don't want to hear that Aldo is not in his prime because his UFC 200 performance against Frankie was the best of his career. He has beat Lamas, Stephens, Cub, Pettis etc who are some of the best fighters in the divison and was the first fighter to stop Pettis which not even RDA could do.

Sure Max lost against Conor and even though it was a decisive loss, in the rematch I would give Max a good chance of avenging that loss.

Max is only 26 and could eventually move up to further cement his legacy. If you look at the other contenders for the top P4P spot, DC, DJ, GSP, TJ etc none of them have beat someone of Aldo's level twice.

Max should be the no.1 P4P fighter and if he beats Frankie which I expect him to do decisively, there is no doubt.

While I like your enthusiasm, not all wins are equal.
DJ has won more times, and that's while defending his belt against the top of his division (which he thoroughly cleaned).
So I disagree he is ahead of DJ. And even if he beats Frankie, DJ is fighting TJ... a bigger challenge since TJ is the current champion of the division above him.

So I can see him moving to #2, but he is surely not ahead of DJ.

It doesn't really matter who is best P4P. P4P it's just a subjective list. It's not real !MyMemeMaker_meme.png

Back