Max Holloway vs Tony Ferguson

Neither of them break. At first I was of the thinking that Tony gets a late finish. But honestly the more I think about it, the more likely it is that it's a 5 round war with someone winning a close decision.

Neither guy has huge one shot KO power. Both guys are durable as hell with amazing cardio (Tony maybe a notch above, but maybe Max even gets to Tony's level of cardio without having to cut to 145).

The only real chance of a finish would be if Tony got ahold of Max and forced a scramble where he locked in a sub. But I don't see that as super likely at all.

I think Tony's length and diversity of striking along with maybe a slightly better gas tank make up for Max having the boxing advantage.

I'll say Tony by decision in a clear FOTY candidate.

Holloway at 155 is going to be a beast. Much better weight for him imo. I think he'll easily out class Ferguson.

Max. When Tony gets hit, he gets stunned. With Max, it's a calculated give and take. He'll take one to return 5 or he'll circle away and use his distance, but never does he get wobbly. The angles he was moving at the other night were incredible. I think Ferg would look lost in there.

Who's left at 145 for Max? Moicano? Frankie(who I'm surprised they'd never fought)?

Winner of Mendes vs. volkanovski, which happens in two weeks.

Tony beats Max imho. This would be a great fight for the vacant LW belt.

Sick fight. I feel that Max will either win a close Decision or that Tony will catch him with a neck crank or something and tap him out somewhere in the championship rounds.

Back