May 12th - Lomachenko vs. Linares, MSG NYC. ESPN 8 EST/5PST

esum80

แทงเข่าขวา
@red
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-boxing-lomachenko-linares-20180313-story.html

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/03/jorge-linares-vs-vasyl-lomachenko-a-done-deal-for-may-12/

"To get the Linares-Lomachenko deal done, ESPN agreed to televise the start time for the fight at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT. The reason for the early start of the Linares vs. Lomachenko card was so that it wouldn’t run at the same time as the Saul Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady ‘GGG’ Golovkin replay on HBO, which starts at 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT."

Linares has had a good run lately but it finally comes to an end here. Still a fun match up, two very high level athletes going at it.

Yes! This news at last confirmed has made my day! I was really hoping this fight would get made and it happened. Can't wait for it!

Linares has had a good run lately but it finally comes to an end here. Still a fun match up, two very high level athletes going at it.
Linares is one of those guys that just seems like he should be better than he is. He seems to have the whole package but something is missing.

Linares is one of those guys that just seems like he should be better than he is. He seems to have the whole package but something is missing.
Watched an interview with Freddie Roach who said Linares will quit if he's pushed, he also doesn't like blood that'll cause him to quit in a fight as well.

Yeah he's got a beautiful style to watch, he's a great athlete, fast hands, can move well, great technical fighter, good pop in both hands, but there's definitely a vulnerable quality to him.

His chin isn't very good and he doesn't have that dog in him that the greats do/did. Even if you don't get hit that often there's gonna be fights where the other guy will want it just as much as you and you gotta dig deep to take it back.

He's got the Pac/Floyd athleticism but doesn't have that doggedness that they had which pushed them from being great talents to great fighters as well. That's what Linares is, a great talent but not a great fighter. Very good one, but not special. You gotta be special to beat Loma.

Watched an interview with Freddie Roach who said Linares will quit if he's pushed, he also doesn't like blood that'll cause him to quit in a fight as well.
He almost seems like he gets sick of being there after 3 or 4 rounds. Maybe he just has poor conditioning.

Nomaschenko will finish him.

Nomaschenko will finish him.
If he gets another retirement win that'll be fucking nuts. I think with Linares there's a good potential for that to happen too. That would be like 5 retirement wins in a row after 3 ko [not tko] wins in a row. That never happens, it's so odd.

He almost seems like he gets sick of being there after 3 or 4 rounds. Maybe he just has poor conditioning.

He might be distracted a lot, the other thing Freddie mentioned was his girl hanging around backstage before the fight. Potentially kept him from focusing on the task at hand.
That was Roach's side of what ultimately lead to their split.

Who knows what goes on with these guys

I like a lot of what Linares does, and, on paper I think he gives Lomachenko some stylistic problems. To me, the biggest factor will be how long the other can maintain their focus. Lomachenko does those crazy focus and coordination drills. He seems to always be in the zone. Linares seems to lose focus and is a bit more uneven. That unevenness can let a guy like Lomachenko to get on top of him and start unloading punches.

The safe money is on Lomachenko, but if Linares is on point I can see a good fight happening.

He might be distracted a lot, the other thing Freddie mentioned was his girl hanging around backstage before the fight. Potentially kept him from focusing on the task at hand.
That was Roach's side of what ultimately lead to their split.

Who knows what goes on with these guys
C715cVRXwAE5Isz.jpg

I'd be pussy whipped too. Nice.

{<tongue}{<tongue}<14>{<tongue}

If he gets another retirement win that'll be fucking nuts. I think with Linares there's a good potential for that to happen too. That would be like 5 retirement wins in a row after 3 ko [not tko] wins in a row. That never happens, it's so odd.
Im counting on it.

Ive never seen a fighter frustrate opponents the way Loma does.

Venezuelan women man...
I love in that pic how he's happy as a dog with a bone next her and she's looking at the camera like "Hey everyone you're welcome for me existing." She knows she's got us twisted around her finger. Dangerous, I like it.

Last edited:
Back