Mayor Cries After City Council Member Denies Her ‘White Privilege’

You're playing a game close to what mathematicians refer to as "general abstract nonsense". You're abstracting away key details because it makes you feel sophisticated. The key fact that I have pointed out is that this "white privilege" narrative has been relentlessly promoted by MSM and Hollywood for the past few years. It has infected the brains of otherwise normal people, and it is causing damage to relationships and reduction in productivity.

I'm not playing any game. You're being overly particular to avoid the real issue, which is that there are a lot of podunk mayors so some of them will inevitably say weird stuff. "White privilege" isn't a "narrative" as much as a simple, obvious observation. And otherwise normal people who feel emotionally scarred by it are more to blame for the damage to relationships and productivity (frankly, I think that is a crazy claim, but I'll grant it for the sake of argument) than the observation. "I can't work because someone somewhere observed that I have certain advantages over others" isn't reasonable, IMO.

That's because the only perspective they have of black people are poor African refugees, and the mainstream media. Racist beliefs do not survive on contact.

You just wrote that the majority of Asian people like black people. You backtracked with lightning speed.

this is in minnesota, right? didn't they receive a ton of somali and african refugees?

this is in minnesota, right? didn't they receive a ton of somali and african refugees?
My cousin lives in Minnesota and he says they call mall of America the mall of Somalia....idk apparently there’s lots there yes.

My cousin lives in Minnesota and he says they call mall of America the mall of Somalia....idk apparently there’s lots there yes.

ok, i thought i remembered that right. anyway, the mayor is another victim of white-self hate. you assimilate to the country you enter, and not the other way around. i mean shit like this is like 2+2=4. who the hell doesn't agree with this?

ok, i thought i remembered that right. anyway, the mayor is another victim of white-self hate. you assimilate to the country you enter, and not the other way around. i mean shit like this is like 2+2=4. who the hell doesn't agree with this?

I think everyone agrees with that, but there's disagreement about how people in that country deal with it. Be cool and encourage the assimilation or be hardasses and get mad that it isn't instant?

"White privilege" isn't a "narrative" as much as a simple, obvious observation.
There's no point in discussing this if we can't agree on the basic facts and the meaning of words. "White privilege" is ill-defined. It means different things to different people. The evidence supporting the notion of "white privilege" in specific domains (police stops, sentencing, college admissions, job interviews) is shaky at best.

The fact that it has become a buzzword in the mainstream discourse over the past few years is indicative of the power of propaganda to shape thought processes.

The reason why white Americans don't know this stuff is because they probably have never travelled outside of the US. Asian cultures treat people of color far better than American culture.
Omg tell me you are joking here. Appearently its white Americans that are uncultured somehow....way to expose yourself

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

Just another day of loony leftists meeting common sense, hardworking, rational people.

Their doctrine sounds so good in the echo chamber.

Omg tell me you are joking here. Appearently its white Americans that are uncultured somehow....way to expose yourself

That reaction was very arrogant, ignorant, and uncultured.

Are you a white American by any chance?

That reaction was very arrogant, ignorant, and uncultured.

Are you a white American by any chance?
Im a Greek Canadian. My bedtime stories as a child were about Hercules's 12 labors and the Gods you fucking cultureless peasant.

Progressives reassuring themselves that they aren't infected with a serious disease.

There's no turning back for them and that's what makes them so dangerous.

Like I have said in the past, they will worm their way into positions of power and ruin your country, people and culture.

There is an epidemic of "white privilege" mental disease ravaging the nation. I fear you may have been infected.
lot of assumptions. my comment works both sides of the aisle.

Before people say who cares, note that this is a mayor.

A fucking mayor of a major city.
New Brighton, MN is a major city? It's not even a major suburb. I would guess that its city council spends most of its time on strip mall zoning.

Not that this chick isn't a woketard.

You are waaaaaaay out of touch. Go learn Chinese and live in China, interacting only with Chinese people for a few years, as I did. Your view will change dramatically. Most Chinese people show deep dislike for black people.

That's because the only perspective they have of black people are poor African refugees, and the mainstream media. Racist beliefs do not survive on contact.

I have to agree with @waiguoren here. I'm not in China, but the Chinese here treat blacks like shit. Every word they have to say to a black person sounds like they're talking to a dog. Many, but not all Indians I've met are the same - they talk down to black people, and their disgust is almost palpable.

@Jake the Muss sounds sheltered or dishonest.

Back