Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
I know some people thought McGregor would have the advantage in the clinch, being better at grappling. But grappling trying to take down your opponent is different from clinch fighting in boxing where you're trying jockey for position to punch, although there are some definite similarities. GGG trains the clinch with wrestlers for a reason. But just because you know wrestling doesn't you mean know how to apply it in boxing. McGregor probably didn't know have anybody in his camp to tell him about all the nuances of infighting. Floyd is also one of the best infighters in the game.

Skip Bayless claims Conor hurt Floyd to the body early in 9th rd but the ref stopped it before Conor could finish it. Looking at the tape, it does look like Floyd was hurt. But I doubt any boxing fans will allow that claim. But then why was Floyd crouched and basically limping around at that point?

He got hit in the nuts. Even the most casual of fckin fans must realise it's an illegal blow. Was he hurt or was he waiting for the ref to speak with Connor. 2 of the 3 judges also scored round 9 as 10-8 cus your boy got smacked around the ring by some little old dude.

Connor looked like shit after r1 and got embarrassed, yet fools are still making these laughable threads

It was clearly a nut shot. Do you honestly believe 'Floyd was in trouble of getting finished' when he immediately started to beat the shit out of him like the Irishman owed him money?

Just learn to deal with it and move on with your life man...

99JpXF.jpg

mZwnOf.jpg
<WellThere>

I decided to do an on camera interview with Jeff today. It was spur of the moment and please don't mind the wrinkled shirt, fat stomach, thinning hair, stuttering, lack of proper posture and positioning.

Skip Bayless claims Conor hurt Floyd to the body early in 9th rd but the ref stopped it before Conor could finish it. Looking at the tape, it does look like Floyd was hurt. But I doubt any boxing fans will allow that claim. But then why was Floyd crouched and basically limping around at that point?
Here's a new angle.

Time stamped. Pause it as soon as it starts. Clearly below the belt.

If he hadn't gassed and if he had mastered the ways of boxing, he even might have won.

Last edited:
You mean if he didn't quit ? Just like any punching bag , would've sustained serious damage

Not sure why you want boxing to get a big black eye with the death of a famous mma fighter , dudes a family man this is not old gladiator days

If he hadn't gassed? He fucking did gas. He was apparently in the best shape of his life according to Dan Hardy Joe Rogan Dana White and Stone Cold.

Eating shots like gummy bears comes in handy in the gassing process.

No more threads on this. There is a separate forum and a sticky here just for it.

Back