Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
It feels like Floyd Jr fell out with Roger in recent years, as he seems to make it a point to say that Floyd Sr is the best trainer he's ever worked with, and to neglect mentioning Roger's impact on his career, whenever asked

It feels like Floyd Jr fell out with Roger in recent years, as he seems to make it a point to say that Floyd Sr is the best trainer he's ever worked with, and to neglect mentioning Roger's impact on his career, whenever asked

Roger has dementia. Roger has been ill for quite a long time.

"However stealing a playbook is one thing, executing is another"

It was like Osweiler trying to be Brady

I always felt like Floyd seemed a bit more vulnerable when he fought with Senior. Seniors gameplans always seem to be based more on aggression while Roger made him box more (box his ass. box that muhfuh). Which seems odd considering thats the exact opposite way that both guys fought.

Good angle of that low blow in the video. Someone should make a gif of that so people stop calling it what it wasn't.

I don't think they fell out. Roger's health has really suffered over the last few years.

I always felt like Floyd seemed a bit more vulnerable when he fought with Senior. Seniors gameplans always seem to be based more on aggression while Roger made him box more (box his ass. box that muhfuh). Which seems odd considering thats the exact opposite way that both guys fought.

Interesting observation.
Never noticed that. I always thought that Floyd, after he matured, was mainly doing his thing in the ring,
although Roger has given him some solid instructions in some fights, like in the match with Judah and Castilio 1.

I really dig these epilogues. I watched alot of Mayweathers on Showtime yhe past month.Does Showtime do this with any good fight or just ppv?

All I've seen are Floyd's btw.

I don't think they fell out. Roger's health has really suffered over the last few years.

Yeah, I'm not talking about in terms of who Jr is training with. Just in terms of who he gives props to. He almost never mentions Roger's coaching of him through his career etc when talking about legacy and everything, instead he gives all credit to his father and talks about how his father is the best trainer ever. When he's making statements like that, he's saying Floyd Sr was a better trainer than Roger. In the past when he was on the outs with Floyd Sr, he used to say the reverse.

It just seems to me like he's stopped giving Roger any credit for his career recently and instead you'd think that Floyd Sr is the only guy to have ever coached him.

Interesting observation.
Never noticed that. I always thought that Floyd, after he matured, was mainly doing his thing in the ring,
although Roger has given him some solid instructions in some fights, like in the match with Judah and Castilio 1.

It was arguably Roger's instruction prior to the 10th that saved that fight for Mayweather (you can still argue Castillo won, but the argument would be stronger if Mayweather didn't stand in and fight Castillo on the inside and win the 10th in the my view).

Found this in the P&m forum, posting it in McGregor threads.

Yeah, I'm not talking about in terms of who Jr is training with. Just in terms of who he gives props to. He almost never mentions Roger's coaching of him through his career etc when talking about legacy and everything, instead he gives all credit to his father and talks about how his father is the best trainer ever. When he's making statements like that, he's saying Floyd Sr was a better trainer than Roger. In the past when he was on the outs with Floyd Sr, he used to say the reverse.

It just seems to me like he's stopped giving Roger any credit for his career recently and instead you'd think that Floyd Sr is the only guy to have ever coached him.

I don't really think that's true. I think he is giving Sr. props because of his recent more active role in the training camps since the Pacquiao fight (or even before, i can't remember that well), which was mainly because of Roger's health problems . He may be saying things like "best trainer ever" with Sr. since he is more fresh in his mind but i bet if the interviewer would name Roger he would change it to "Roger and Sr. both of em the best trainers in the world" or something like that to give him props.

I remember seeing a video of his speaking about Roger's dementia and i dunno i can't see him holding illwill to him, especially after all the shit Sr. has done to him and he still holds him dearly. It's family man; the Mayweather clan back each other up and seem more close than other ones in the sport.

EDIT: Here's the video i'm talking about:

It was arguably Roger's instruction prior to the 10th that saved that fight for Mayweather (you can still argue Castillo won, but the argument would be stronger if Mayweather didn't stand in and fight Castillo on the inside and win the 10th in the my view).

Yeah this is what I had in mind when I wrote that. And I think he was the one that told Floyd to walk Judah down after Floyd lost the first rounds.
So yeah, Roger is awesome! This kind of insight is exactly what a great coach has to give to his fighter during the match.

I don't know if Floyd Sr has done something similar. Sr takes the credit for learning the craft to Floyd. He built him as a fighter by teaching him the Mayweather style
which according to Sr it's actually the style that he learned from his own teacher Dale Williams.

But I haven't noticed some other influence from Sr during fights like Seano did.

i saw this 1-2 times here and some youtube videos ... do people really believe this or am i retarded?

giphy.gif

I decided to do an on camera interview with Jeff today. It was spur of the moment and please don't mind the wrinkled shirt, fat stomach, thinning hair, stuttering, lack of proper posture and positioning.

You come across well on camera. I think being on camera is actually better than off in your case. Your face doesn't react when your subject says something interesting. A lot of times guys like to nod in agreement or smile or whatever. Bothers me when you see people doing these interviews and they're star struck or giving their personal 2 cents.

You come across well on camera. I think being on camera is actually better than off in your case. Your face doesn't react when your subject says something interesting. A lot of times guys like to nod in agreement or smile or whatever. Bothers me when you see people doing these interviews and they're star struck or giving their personal 2 cents.
thanks. I think this was actually my first straight up, on camera interview ever. I was pretty self conscious about it, and almost didn't put it up. I definitely have room for improvement though. I know I was turned to far, but jeff kept trying to turn away from the camera. but I will be doing more going forward.

I saw a YouTube video and now I know Bigfoot exists, slender man only appears in the middle of nowhere or abandoned houses. Dressing up as an evil clown and approaching a group of people can end up with you getting your ass kicked. It wasn't aliens, but it was aliens. And the bang bus is a set up.

Back