Mayweather - Mcgregor fight

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some theorize that it looked staged, others that Mayweather was going easy to make it a fight.

Looking at the fight again, Mayweather looks awful the first 5 rounds. I really question if it was part of the plan to get hit that much. That he ultimately underestimated Mcgregor.

Have you guys rewatched it? I honestly think Mayweather looked terrible most of the fight... And was lucky it was against an mma guy. It seemed father time catched up with Floyd. He looked light years better against Pacman.

Just speculation. I'm asking what you guys think or heard. It's very hard to make sense of the fight, the way it was played out. I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather was intentionally getting tagged to prove a point. It's equally possible he just isn't a great offensive fighter, and aged quickly..

Just speculation. I'm asking what you guys think or heard. It's very hard to make sense of the fight, the way it was played out. I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather was intentionally getting tagged to prove a point. It's equally possible he just isn't a great offensive fighter, and aged quickly..

this is not inside information you need to correct the title of your thread

He took his best punches and they did nothing..

Conor always improves from fight to fight. I’d expect him to rock Floyd with a jab and finish it with a powerful straight left right down the pipe. BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

Floyd was pissing around walking forward with a high guard. As soon as he decided the circus was over and he stepped on the pedal he got that palooka outta there.

Some theorize that it looked staged, others that Mayweather was going easy to make it a fight.

Looking at the fight again, Mayweather looks awful the first 5 rounds. I really question if it was part of the plan to get hit that much. That he ultimately underestimated Mcgregor.

Have you guys rewatched it? I honestly think Mayweather looked terrible most of the fight... And was lucky it was against an mma guy. It seemed father time catched up with Floyd. He looked light years better against Pacman.
I just thought Floyd was trying to press him, make him gas. I don't think he worried about the early rounds.

is this really happening? Mayweather took him deep into the fight to get as many PPV as possible. End of story.

10xwy14.jpg

<{vega}>Where was the inside info ??

Floyd walked him down and shrugged off his " power ". Luckily the ref saved him from being brain damaged . And now he just has CTE.

i said from day 1

Floyd chills for the first 4 rounds and then slightly wakes up and then gets serious and stops him around the 10th

the fight was a joke
a wwe match tbh
just there to make $$
big fan of Floyd but only reason i watched it is because i havent missed a live fight since 2006

is this really happening? Mayweather took him deep into the fight to get as many PPV as possible. End of story.

I don’t buy that, just because no one with half a brain buys a ppv fight after the main event already started.

But he took him deep because Conor is predictable. Conor had something to prove on that stage, not Floyd. All Floyd had to do was force McGregor to try. After that, Conor’s pride and stamina would do most of the work.

Dont toss up misleading titles for click bait.

Floyd opened door to another payday dragging Conor deep like that.

Floyd was pissing around walking forward with a high guard. As soon as he decided the circus was over and he stepped on the pedal he got that palooka outta there.

Again, you know that how? You think he planned to get tagged by those uppercuts and counters, fully expecting to take them? Sounds like a very risky strategy.

A guy who publicly prides himself on not getting hit suddenly gets hit more in 10 rounds than 12 against pacman, and you think he fully orchestrated that for the show? Doesn't care the about the potential consequences? Knows how hard Mcgregor could throw a punch? Knows he won't get Koed?

It was similar to when Mikey sparred this 16 year old kid. He let him work and then turned it up. In other words, he carried him.

Back