Mayweather vs Cotto, Alvarez vs Mosley 5/5 PPV

Both of them handled top class opponents easily. You cannot please some people, if you're 9 rounds ahead in the last round against a future HOF'er, you don't need to go and look for the KO, some of the clowns don't realise that.

Someone has to work out how to do damage to Floyd when he is on the ropes and doing the shoulder rolling. I shouted at the TV about 20 times for Cotto to stop throwing the straight right as every one of them rolled off Floyd's shoulder, but he had real success, the best I've seen, at digging Floyd into the ribs with the right hand in that position. Everyone headhunts him in that position, and everyone misses.

What would Pac? Pac's weapon is the straight left from the left handed stance right down the middle. Nobody can get out of the way of it, how would that work on Floyd's famed defense??

Someone has to work out how to do damage to Floyd when he is on the ropes and doing the shoulder rolling. I shouted at the TV about 20 times for Cotto to stop throwing the straight right as every one of them rolled off Floyd's shoulder, but he had real success, the best I've seen, at digging Floyd into the ribs with the right hand in that position. Everyone headhunts him in that position, and everyone misses.

?

A world class jab is Floyds only clear weakness and there just aren't meany fighters out there with a great jab. Cotto and Oscar are the only guys who have been really competitive and it was the jab. 2 guys KNOWN for their jab.

Yeah, but as soon as Floyd countered Oscar over the top of the jab with a stinging right hand, Oscar stopped throwing it entirely. Cotto landed it a bit, there is a body attack to be had there though, that was Cotto's big success of last night was he really worked Floyd around the mid section when he cornered him and Floyd hadn't much in response and I thought he looked hurt and winded a couple of times, I wonder will Pac be looking at that as nobody else has really gone after him like that.

Floyd, for me, is a top 5 of all time at this point, not just in a weightclass but boxing on the whole. Unreal talent, all the defensive talent of Sweet Pea, all the offensive talent of Meldrick Taylor, and as good a tactician as Larry Holmes. Unreal.

I went and saw the avengers last night, and missed the Shane-Canelo fight

can anybody fill me in?

I honestly don't get the criticism of PAc and Floyd against Shane and Cotto respectively.

Not all fights are going to end with one guy unconscious.

Not from me. I thought both were really good fights.

But most expected more. I think you even predicted May would finish Cotto by 9?
And there is a lot saying May had a harder time with Cotto than expected.

As well criticism that Pac coasted and didn't finish Shane. I think Pac used the leg cramp thing in his last two fights if I remember correctly.

I guess fighters feel compelled to come up with answers for criticism.

Damn, that bad?

Was Shane able to get to him at all over 12 rounds?

He landed plenty but Canelo had no respect for his power and was just walking through them. It was ugly, Shane's corner could have pulled him out near the end, he was banged up and nearly went down from body shots.

Great fight. I thought mayweather could have pressed
The action more but perhaps the body shots slowed
Him down.

Great effort by Cotto for making this fight somewhat competitive.
I cant remember the last time i saw pbf bleed.
Against judah maybe.

Great fight! I'll admit, I didn't expect Cotto to give Floyd so much trouble. I thought he would fight hard for 5 rounds then sort of go into survival mode but he didn't. Great fight, and I hope we get to see Floyd taking on another tough guy this year.

Anybody else watch it with a bunch of people like I did? Shit, I was the only person rooting for Floyd out of a dozen people. Any time it even looked like cotto landed a punch they would cheer.

Anybody else watch it with a bunch of people like I did? Shit, I was the only person rooting for Floyd out of a dozen people. Any time it even looked like cotto landed a punch they would cheer.

I saw it at a pretty packed bar, but I'd say it was about half Mayweather fans, half Mayweather haters (maybe a couple that knew Cotto and were actually cheering for him)

Does anybody know the unofficial fight day weights? Just curious how much weight they cut before the bout.

good night of boxing...i have to admit i was stunned by quintana of all ppl scoring the lone ko in theupset..vargas-forbes shouldve been bounced from the ppv...my man shane's head looked like martin after fighting tommy hearns and he needs to retire..the scores for may-cotto were too damn wide for my liking..it was closer than that

the only thing about the whole ppv that made me uncomfortable was the damn moment where cotto and his son was kissing...i know its fam and all but damn shit was prolonged like a motherfucker...every person in the spot where i watched the fight was like :eek: at that

Did anybody else lol when cotto picked up mayweather like he was a baby

Mayweather is tiny, its unbelievable how hard he is to hit or hurt. Nobody can place their feet into a position to throw anything, and when they do everything get parried, blocked, slipped or slides off the shoulder. It's incredible, top class HOF boxers regularly end of flailing at nothing at get made to look ordinary.

Floyd says he was putting on a show, he brawled on purpose. To entertain, but I would have been more impressed and entertained if he out boxed cotto and finished untouched. I haven't seen floyd this beat up in a long time.

Back