Mayweather vs Maidana 2 RBR

Not going to lie really regret buying that PPV. Had a few friends over who were casuals. All of us nearly fell asleep during that Bey fight. When a MMA fight is bad it's 18 minutes. When a boxing fight is bad its like 45 minute. Brutal.

I don't get boxing all that well so I guess I don't get why either that dude or Floyd were never warned or told to stop clinching? Shit was hard to watch.

As a pretty casual boxing fan really regret that one and I apparently don't get the scoring cause I thought Chino was doing decent in the fight as did everyone watching with me.

When they brought up the score cards and it was a shut out. Pretty much killed the mood.

Just don't get boxing well enough man. The undercard was bad as well. LSC fight was sad.

I really try to get into boxing but then this happens and it makes me question buying the next one. Enjoy having people over for UFC/Boxing events but will be a hard sell after that show.

come listen to some of us, then you won't feel so bad, some of us were saying it wasn't a fight. I was, said why. Forget all the prefight buildups and the big talk, when a fight starts none of that matters, fatigue is fatigue, pain is pain, winning is winning and losing is losing.

come listen to some of us, then you won't feel so bad, some of us were saying it wasn't a fight. I was, said why. Forget all the prefight buildups and the big talk, when a fight starts none of that matters, fatigue is fatigue, pain is pain, winning is winning and losing is losing.

You hit happy hour a little early today moz?

I guess then how is clinching scored by the Judges or supposed to be? Seemed like in the Bey fight they gave him the win because he wasn't the one clinching but didn't seem like there was any repercussions for Floyd doing it. Were they supposed to have stopped Floyd or is it just something that happens and they just ignore it while scoring.

Cause I get that Floyd was boxing him up for most of it but when he initiates the clinches and is moving away from Chino is that not penalizing him?

I generally have pretty good score cards. Ends up close to most here or the Judges but this had to be one of the few where I was way off.

I don't get how its scored when its clinches like that so often. Seemed different from the Bey to the May fights.

You hit happy hour a little early today moz?

I don't drink, this fight reminds of just how dumb the general paying public are though, that Floyd could sell a fight like this speaks volumes.

I guess then how is clinching scored by the Judges or supposed to be? Seemed like in the Bey fight they gave him the win because he wasn't the one clinching but didn't seem like there was any repercussions for Floyd doing it. Were they supposed to have stopped Floyd or is it just something that happens and they just ignore it while scoring.

Cause I get that Floyd was boxing him up for most of it but when he initiates the clinches and is moving away from Chino is that not penalizing him?

I generally have pretty good score cards. Ends up close to most here or the Judges but this had to be one of the few where I was way off.

I don't get how its scored when its clinches like that so often. Seemed different from the Bey to the May fights.

They were actually both clinching and holding quite a bit. I've watched it twice and Maidana was actally the one going in and holding fairly often. He grabs with one arm and unloads with the other. Thats not really legal.

Looking forward to the replay on Showtime tonight in HD. My view live last week wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

Back