Mayweather vs McGregor modified MMA/Boxing rules

Cornbread1983

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm wondering how a fight in the octagon between these two would look with the following rules in mind?

"4 ounce gloves, no shoes, 5-five minute rounds in 155 division.

No kicks, no take downs, no elbows, no knees. Certain things will be allowed like the clinch."

Joe Rogan thinks Conor will dominate the fight with these rules, that he'll use the clinch to his advantage. How does that work, he can't elbow or throw knees, why would he dominate the clinch game against Floyd?

Take a look-see at Floyd clinching with Cotto.....

Why would Conor fare any better than Cotto in this type of situation?

Has there ever been a thread about this before?

Has there ever been a thread about this before?
Probably, maybe..... my most sincere apologies, I am a newb at navigating this forum.... please feel free to provide me some links that you think are pertinent.

Probably, maybe..... my most sincere apologies, I am a newb at navigating this forum.... please feel free to provide me some links that you think are pertinent.

Wow, 18 months and 8 posts. Guess I’ll let you slide. Generally, this topic is discussed every couple days, you just gotta go down a page or two depending on your settings to find the threads.

Search function also works good.

Can't see how cage boxing works to Conors favour. Mayweather would school him again under such rules if no kicks, takedowns etc

Wow, 18 months and 8 posts. Guess I’ll let you slide. Generally, this topic is discussed every couple days, you just gotta go down a page or two depending on your settings to find the threads.

Search function also works good.
In my defense, I did attempt to search for this specific fight, all I could find was discussions concerning them fight a boxing rematch with boxing rules or them fighting MMA with MMA rules. I didn't see anything that included the parameters set forth in my OP.

So a boxing match with MMA gloves? Still essentially boxing. It gives Conor a slightly better puncher's chance, but Mayweather still wins easily 19 times out of 20.

This wouldn't even be an MMA fight, it'd be a boxing match inside the cage.

Retarded. Don't buy it for a second.

Leg wrestling contest! Real shit
Indian Leg Wrestling.jpg

Mayweather by secret Roy Nelson overhand he learnt with Vegas' own Roy Nelson.

mayweather won the clinch battle conor only could land those pepper shots and nothing much realy

The only way Conor wins is if Floyd breaks both of his hands because of the smaller gloves and can't continue.

Rogan is right though. Ronda wasn't a once ever female athlete, but she sure as hell a once ever female prize fighter, if you take everything into account. There will be better athletes with better skills but none of them will ever create the hype, PPV sales, drama, depression and popcorn like Ronda did.

Conor got outwrestled in their first bout

With 6 months of MMA training Floyd would most likely submit Conor

Back