Mayweather vs McGregor modified MMA/Boxing rules

In boxing they separate the clinch quite quickly. Most likely conor would just clinch, keep Floyd's back to the cage and control him the whole fight.

retard WWE-tier fight to cap off the demise of a once legitimate sport. Boxing has the benefit of not losing any credibility as they are only featuring a retired fighter and have multiple big-name legitimate champions who actually defend their belts. MMA on the other hand has sacrificed whatever it once had for this garbage.

I'm wondering how a fight in the octagon between these two would look with the following rules in mind?

"4 ounce gloves, no shoes, 5-five minute rounds in 155 division.

No kicks, no take downs, no elbows, no knees. Certain things will be allowed like the clinch."

Joe Rogan thinks Conor will dominate the fight with these rules, that he'll use the clinch to his advantage. How does that work, he can't elbow or throw knees, why would he dominate the clinch game against Floyd?

Take a look-see at Floyd clinching with Cotto.....

Why would Conor fare any better than Cotto in this type of situation?

wow sounds a whole lot like boxing in a cage. if that the cage conor loses badly still.

to bad it cant happen cause nsac said before mma fights wont be allowed under these kind of freak show deals.

i want to see this fight so bad. I can't think of a more exciting match up, well, maybe except for Jon Jones vs Brock..... that too, would be my other dream fight....

to bad brock will be 45 in 2022.

to bad brock will be 45 in 2022.
Well, Couture was what, 47, when he fought last? So, there's hope...... I guess?

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that Jonny Bones will fight/make his return before then(2022.)

Because its in a cage n Conor is obviously better in the clinch. Using the fence, Conor will wrassle him like Couture n dirty box him. Plus Floyd has to adapt his style to the cage/octagon shape. Believe it or not that can make a difference and it can show when you’re facing a guy that knows exactly how to use that environment, much like Floyd can use the ring. There’s a lot of factors to shit like this.

Because its in a cage n Conor is obviously better in the clinch. Using the fence, Conor will wrassle him like Couture n dirty box him. Plus Floyd has to adapt his style to the cage/octagon shape. Believe it or not that can make a difference and it can show when you’re facing a guy that knows exactly how to use that environment, much like Floyd can use the ring. There’s a lot of factors to shit like this.

just gives Floyd more room to run in.

Yes, and I think Floyd will also have to adapt to fighting barefoot, I would think it's going to change his footwork a bit and also affect the angles he can throw from and the power he can generate.

Adapting his defense with the smaller gloves may be an issue for him, too.

This modified ruleset only helps Conor, but the question is, is it enough?

I do think you're overestimating Conor a bit when you say he'd dominate Floyd in the clinch. See again my OP and the video I linked. It seems to me, that, western style boxing has a decent amount of grappling in it, obviously not as much Muay Thai, but a lot of the same mechanics are there. Here's another vid to demonstrate my point.

Back