Mayweather vs McGregor undercard

cookdaddy

OG of OG's
@Brown
Reaction score
  • Champ Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1) – for IBF junior lightweight world Championship
  • Champ Nathan Cleverly (30-3) vs. Badou Jack (21-1-2) – for WBA light heavyweight world Championship
  • Andrew Tabiti(14-0) vs. Steve Cunningham (29-8-1) – for vacant USBA cruiserweight title

How does the undercard stack up to other boxing undercards? Any fighters to watch out for?

never hear of any of them, sounds like a typical boxing card. pathetic really.

It's a strong undercard I'd pay to watch those fights alone without the circus fight that headlines them.

Porter - Dulorme is also worth mentionning.

A pretty bad undercard, provided you don't know shit about boxing.

You must be the most casual of the casual fans if you don't know any of those boxers. Talk about pathetic.

If you don't watch boxing why bother comment? If you have heard of literally none of them stick to water polo or whatever it is you watch.

• Champ Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1) – for IBF junior lightweight world Championship
  • Champ Nathan Cleverly (30-3) vs. Badou Jack (21-1-2) – for WBA light heavyweight world Championship
  • Andrew Tabiti(14-0) vs. Steve Cunningham (29-8-1) – for vacant USBA cruiserweight title
How does the undercard stack up to other boxing undercards? Any fighters to watch out for?
Gervonta Davis is a good fighter. This fight is sort of a letdown compared to the Salido fight we were teased with. I don't know much about Fonseca. He's undefeated but against a low class of opposition.
Davis does have a fan friendly style.

Cleverly vs JAck- I sort of like this fight. Jack used to be a real stinker but his last few fights have been excellent. He's made a fan of me recently. One of the best body punchers out there. He SHOULD beat Cleverly but Jack's style basically guarantees a close fight. He's a grinder but not a massive puncher.

Tabiti vs Cunningham- meh. Basically just a showcase for Tabiti I think. I always really liked Cunningham but he's turned into a gatekeeper.

I've seen worse undercards. Its not that bad.

If Joe Rogan screamed "stacked" and said "craaaaaaazy" in a hushed , awestruck tone while describing these fights, you'd describe them exactly the same.

Yo, it's ya boy shale coming at you live from Sherdog studios wit another episode of 'you don't know shit about boxing'. On today's episode we get an in depth look at the Mayweather Mcgregor undercard. Followed by 'Pulev vs Woods' who deserves the top spot on the P4P list. Top it all off @Seano sits down to interview Bernard Hopkins.

Make some NOOOOOOISE!

Gervonta Davis is a good fighter. This fight is sort of a letdown compared to the Salido fight we were teased with.

WTF. The Salido fight would have been amazing! I didn't know it fell through.

edit: That fight is the main reason I even considered buying this crap. Not that Davis vs Salido is PPV worthy, but would have made the event itself worth watching maybe.

WTF. The Salido fight would have been amazing! I didn't know it fell through.

edit: That fight is the main reason I even considered buying this crap. Not that Davis vs Salido is PPV worthy, but would have made the event itself worth watching maybe.

Jack/Cleverly should be a fun fight. Cleverly throws a lot of punches and goes to the body well, and has been in some entertaining fights lately, and Jack is undersized for light heavyweight. I'm expecting Jack on a close points victory.

and they want to charge $100 for this? stack the card and then the price is maybe justifiable

and they want to charge $100 for this? stack the card and then the price is maybe justifiable
Even getting that undercard is better than I expected. The PPV was always going to sell on Mayweather/McGregor alone, any other name matchup wasn't going to be worth the money spent on it for the extra buys it'd generate.

This is a really good undercard, much better then I imagined considering that the undercard is a throw away on this ppv.

In terms of buys this is a one fight card.

In terms of boxing....Gervonta is a rising star, and it will be thrilling as long as Fonseca's chin holds up. He's a good fighter, but Davis is projected to be a star for years to come.

Badou Jack vs Cleverly is a really fine 50/50 fight IMO.

USS Isn't completely used up, but he's done adjacent. He'll be a test, but too big, too young, too strong.

Salido overestimates his worth ,I think.
Yeah, I said the same thing when he tuned down the career high payday for the Lomachenko rematch. As a hardcore boxing fan, I appreciate the guy, but NOBODY is buying this shitshow to see Orlando.

This is a really good undercard, much better then I imagined considering that the undercard is a throw away on this ppv.

Badou Jack vs Cleverly is a really fine 50/50 fight IMO.
Cleverly at +305 is good betting value if it's a 50/50 fight with Jack, moving up in weight to LHW.

Im suprised its even that. Not like there is a ton of money to throw around after mayweather and mcgregor get their cut

casuals would only be happy if the card was this.
Klitschko vs. Joshua 2
Canelo vs GGG
Ward vs kovalev 3
Lomachenko vs Mikey Garcia
Also, for maximum casual appeal da la hoya vs Ray Leonard

Back