McG - Maliganiganananini sparring videos

Affenschädel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/danawhite/

Two takeaways:

1. Paulie lied about the knockdown. The knockdown shown in the 2nd vid is clearly the one that was posted as a picture on social media a week ago. Paulie said it wasn't a punch, Conor pushed him.
Then again, if you get rattled, your memory can fail you. So maybe Paulie just remembers it differently.

2. Paulie looks like SHIT. And Conor doesn't look great either. Both look slow in these videos. At least Conor is throwing with clean technique. Paulie is just sloppy.
So no - even though it looks in these videos like Conor is winning, you can't use these videos to say that he is looking good.

Show us the 10 seconds after the "knockdown", and we can see if Paulie or the ref deemed it as one, or if they resumed. That is what will answer the question, one way or another.

That was not a push down. Malinagi is a liar.

Boxing is dead.

I wouldn't call that a pushdown but it does not look like a knockdown either. That left does not connect, you don't even hear an impact. it looks like it went over paulies head, conor then grabs the back of paulies head and paulie tries to pull away but loses his balance and falls. you can see it better in the second angle.

I'm not sure that was a knockdown. The angle isn't great and it's hard to tell.

Paulie gassed but in pro boxing terms, that would be rules a legitamate knockdown

Paulie should just shut up already. They're actually feeding into the narrative this will be a competitive fight smh

both guys looked pretty bad, paulie of course is out of shape, conor looks amateurish but strong, i don't think it has any bearing on the coming fight.

no, i wouldn't call those knockdowns paulie looks in dreadful shape though and when you're tired as he looks, just standing up is hard.

Paulie gassed but in pro boxing terms, that would be rules a legitamate knockdown
In your opinion. I thought you had to connect with a punch for it to be a knockdown, not fall over out of a foul by your opponent? I guess it's different in fat dan land.

Would be nice to see the whole 12 rounds since this is obviously edited to make McGregor look better. But he did land a flush straight on Paulie. They both look like shit. Paulie looks tired as shit. McGregor looks sloppy as shit. Look at that inside work by McGregor. He's getting chewed on the inside by Floyd.

Here. I grabbed the video and slowed it down by 60%.

Conor wraps his left around the back of Paulie's head/neck and pulls down which is then followed by a push down. That "knockdown" was from head control and a push. Not legal, not clean & as a result not a legitimate KD.

Would be nice to see the whole 12 rounds since this is obviously edited to make McGregor look better. But he did land a flush straight on Paulie. They both look like shit. Paulie looks tired as shit. McGregor looks sloppy as shit. Look at that inside work by McGregor. He's getting chewed on the inside by Floyd.

That was a sharp lead straight left. Other than that, everything else you said.

Paulie gets him self out of position before the right hook lands.. that's a knockdown

ya, that left was good, surprised paulie got caught by it.

Eat crow boxing people. Admit that Conor is much better in boxing than you thought and move on. It doesn't mean that he's better than Floyd. But give the man some credit. He was supposed to lose against bad amateur boxers.

Eat crow boxing people. Admit that Conor is much better in boxing than you thought and move on. It doesn't mean that he's better than Floyd. But give the man some credit. He was supposed to lose against bad amateur boxers.

I give Conor 100% credit for getting to where is he. But literally none for boxing ability. Ever. The spin war is in full effect for this circus. If you seen me training on a heavy bag standing almost static you could critique my lack of movement all day long..but what if I was working on power or simply technique?

If you're going to judge Conor or Paul Malig. based on the snippets of info on sparring then you're not being realistic in the situation.

Back