McG - Maliganiganananini sparring videos

Yes. I am pretty sure David Haye would destroy Randy Couture.

well considering randy looks like the incredible shrinking man these days. But if Randy was still strong he would destroy haye in the clinch wouldn't even be fair. These boxing purists are ridiculous.

So you have to introduce rules basically, because without any, it's just a meaningless clusterfuck i.e reality.

I don't ever understand why anyone cares who would beat who in these imaginary make-believe "street fights" between athletes. Their ability to fight only has significant use value in combat sports. Outside of that, boxers and MMA fighters can get badly hurt or die in actual violent confrontations on the street without any ceremony whatsoever.
What a poor argument. Men have been fighting each other with their bare hands since the beginning of humans. The possibility of external factors like weapons existing takes nothing away from it.

What you're saying could be used as a really dumb argument against training in any martial art for self defense purposes. It's like saying that all martial arts are useless for self defense because reality is a meaningless clusterfuck.

What a poor argument. Men have been fighting each other with their bare hands since the beginning of humans. The possibility of external factors like weapons existing takes nothing away from it.

What you're saying could be used as a really dumb argument against training in any martial art for self defense purposes. It's like saying that all martial arts are useless for self defense because reality is a meaningless clusterfuck.
Of course if you have self defense training you have an advantage. Say you end up in a meaningless exchange of words with some dude, and think it's all finished and then next thing you know he has struck you with a weapon or stabbed you it's worthless. That's why bringing up the "in da streetz" argument is fucking stupid. Mma is a sport with rules, street fighting is nothing like that. Surely you can wrap your head around that fact, it's pretty simple.

Lol@ the phrasing of "since the beginning of humans". Modern humans use tools. This makes a lot of things a potential weapon. Does that mean people haven't in the past, and don't continue to fight each other with their bare hands? No. But what's your point? You don't have one. What does any of that have to do with why there's any significance in Conor McGregor potentially being able to beat Floyd Mayweather in a highly contrived scenario which has 0 chance of ever happening?

My argument can be taken out of context to say something dumb about an adjacent and different topic. That's to be expected with any argument. Your argument in its context is still dumb and meandering, and just getting blurred with self defense because you don't really have a clear idea of your own logic, just a gut feeling that it should be important with no rationality behind it.

By judges and referees view. It could score as a knockdown. Other than that it wouldn't matter. Since when does fighting Paulie even a prelude to a moneymay fight?

By judges and referees view. It could score as a knockdown. Other than that it wouldn't matter. Since when does fighting Paulie even a prelude to a moneymay fight?
Not even fighting, sparring.

As far as anyone knows all we've seen is the short clip of a flailing conor landing on an off balance Paulie.

And conor looks fucking horrible

Ditto Paulie - who by the way is retired, out of shape, smaller, and light fisted and not seeking a huge payday against the greatest fighter of his generation.

But hey quit pointing out the stupidity of this fight and just enjoy the spectacle right?

I think that clips out of context end up generating a lot of bluster about nothing. Is Conor better at boxing than a number of people are giving him credit for? Yeah, I'd say. Did Paulie go doen? Yup, safe to say. Was Paulie our of shape and retired compared to a primed fighter at the peak of his camp? Yeah. So who knows how late in the 12 rounds that clip was. You'd be surprised how skilled a fresh set of legs can appear compared to a fatigued, out of practice pair, even if there is a skill disparity. It's like assessing Choclatito's talent if you put him in the ring with Usyk, there's a discrepancy that clouds what is there.

One thing you can be sure of is this, McG would whoop Floyd and everyone in this forum in a fight with no ref.

I think that's the number one reason for all the hate on McG. You all know the only chance you have of beating a high level mma fighter is to protect yourself with boxing rules. It kills you knowing that in the real world of multidimensional fighting you would get dragged down into the ocean of grappling by sharks. Boxing is useless when you can't stand up.

I don't pretend to know what the result of this fight will be, but it would be funny if this mma fighter who supposedly fights like a clown knocks out Mayweather or even puts up a decent fight against one of the purported GOAT of boxing.

Damn man you're right. Thank god there was a ref there, idk what kind of submission Sylvia was performing but it looked deadly.

one thing i learned watching clips of conor, he is super athletic, which is going to be useless, it's not going to matter how he can do cartwheels and shit in the fight. He can do some demanding stuff, i've seen it, but i also saw how bad his wind is in the diaz fight, a better gas tank would do infinitely more for him than all that hopping around.

Conor's strong and confident. He's skilled too, but we are talking about PBF here. Not some Broner crap. PBF is the greatest defensive fighter of all time.

It will look like Hopkins Palvik. 12-0 Floyd. He's going to get schooled everywhere. Pretty punch speed, combinations, footwork, ring generalship.

Of course if you have self defense training you have an advantage. Say you end up in a meaningless exchange of words with some dude, and think it's all finished and then next thing you know he has struck you with a weapon or stabbed you it's worthless. That's why bringing up the "in da streetz" argument is fucking stupid. Mma is a sport with rules, street fighting is nothing like that. Surely you can wrap your head around that fact, it's pretty simple.
i'm sure humans have been using rocks and tree limbs on each other before they did anything else, mighta even been the first use of tools as it was supposed in the movie 2001. In the streets you have to be mindful of anything and everything and not let your ego blind you. been some good fighters who've gotten killed in the streets, vernon forrest is one, i forget the name but there was a martial artist a few years ago who chased after a guy who shot him. with the advent of the net we can see how a lot of things actually work. recently i saw a really good martial artist jump into a fight, dude had some fantastic kicks, but he was dealing with two guys with machetes, they kiled his friend, (it's sickening to watch) and they cut him on his calf when he threw a kick, he couldnt even stand and they could have easily killed him too if they wanted. It's a whole different game in the streets, you do not want to grapple with anyone who might have a knife, a boxcutter or a gun. You can't demand a fight be fair just because you're willing, it doesn't work that way.
this is what can happen when you let your ego lead you instead of the other way around:

Last edited:
Again though, can you imagine some retired ufc champ MMA fighter struggling with a boxer in mma sparring? No. No chance
Yea very easily.

You don't even know Paulie really struggled you watched 12 seconds of what 36mins?
I could show you 12 seconds of Mayweather vs Shane Mosley and have you thinking Shane won the fight

Lol@ the phrasing of "since the beginning of humans". Modern humans use tools. This makes a lot of things a potential weapon. Does that mean people haven't in the past, and don't continue to fight each other with their bare hands? No. But what's your point? You don't have one. What does any of that have to do with why there's any significance in Conor McGregor potentially being able to beat Floyd Mayweather in a highly contrived scenario which has 0 chance of ever happening?

My argument can be taken out of context to say something dumb about an adjacent and different topic. That's to be expected with any argument. Your argument in its context is still dumb and meandering, and just getting blurred with self defense because you don't really have a clear idea of your own logic, just a gut feeling that it should be important with no rationality behind it.
You knuckleheads don't quit. Sunfish was the one that mentioned "in da streetz" in the first place. I already clarified that my argument for mma fighters having an advantage in a fight was in unarmed, one on one combat.

Minow trying to claim that unarmed one on one combat between McG n Floyd is unlikely therefore irrelevant is even dumber though.

Self defense without weapons or tools does matter and is the reason we come to this website in the first place. Just because a guy might have a gun doesn't make unarmed combat pointless.

I called you out on making a very stupid point that unarmed combat has no value in the real world and now you're trying to save face. It's not that my point is meandering and vague but that you're simply unable or unwilling to follow it.

Most users on sherdog are fans of unarmed combat. When it comes to true unarmed combat.. grappling and striking with punches, kicks, knees, and elbows, high level mma fighters are the kings of the mountain 9 times out of 10.

It doesn't mean that boxing sucks, but that it's only one form of fighting and will have a disadvantage by itself against other styles. There are exceptions like Mercer and Silva, but for the most part that doesn't happen.
couturex-large.jpg

Somebody please tell Paulie to shut the fuck up. Now it's obvious he fled camp without getting paid because he was on the wrong end of the punishment.
You've had your 15 minutes Paulie, now pipe down, nobody cares.

Yes. I am pretty sure David Haye would destroy Randy Couture.

yea last fought 6 years ago vs 6 months ago is comparable. And besides Randy is smart and has no ego in any type of mma sparring he wrestles Haye with ease

yea last fought 6 years ago vs 6 months ago is comparable. And besides Randy is smart and has no ego in any type of mma sparring he wrestles Haye with ease

Are you retarded? You asked about a RETIRED MMA champ, sparring a boxer. And Haye would certainl beat the shit out of Randy.

How about a retired boxer fighting an active, former HW UFC champ? Mercer vs Sylvia?

Your blanket statements are silly.

Are you retarded? You asked about a RETIRED MMA champ, sparring a boxer. And Haye would certainl beat the shit out of Randy.

How about a retired boxer fighting an active, former HW UFC champ? Mercer vs Sylvia?

Your blanket statements are silly.

mercer v sylvia wasn't sparring, and haye would not beat the shit out of anyone in mma sparring

Back