McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What are your feelings on the matter ?

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.

I mean, is it a generous move? No
Do I blame him? Not one bit

Dana only wants to pay his master Conor anyway

He doesn't want people who have no relation to him whatsoever making money off of him.

Is normal.

Source?

Can't understand his motivation for that.

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.
Honestly the UFC could not afford to give multiple people points on a McGregor card without breaking even or making little profit. If Mcgregor gets 3-5 a buy his opponent gets 1-3 then there is not much left for others when UFC already splits revenue 55/45 with providers.

It is just an asshole move.
Didnt surprise me if we are talking about Conor

If true and legal, then those champions should be giving Leslie Smith a call.

It sucks for ufc that they can't build stars off his cards but conor has taken his brand to a level where he can make those demands.

Source?

Can't understand his motivation for that.
Since Conor negotiates on a fight for fight basis basically, it makes sense for him to want to want to be compensated based almost entirely on how many viewers he draws. He talked about it very briefly one time.
It's probably just simpler for his management to negotiate each fight if the numbers are as pure as possible, meaning its all about him. Yes there's the argument that everyone knows it's all about Conor anyway, but this leaves nothing to chance it's straight up empirical data that he can build upon with each fight and take with him into the negotiating room.
Nothing wrong with it.

Just like Woodley would prefer to always fight co-main beneath a true star, I can see a fighter always wanting to solo carry a card.

I too would like to see an actual source though.

Most of these fighters have talked shit about him at one time or the other and doubted him, so why the hell should he be inclined to give them money out of his own pocket? More or less, why should WE criticize him for it? Should Conor want to have Tyron on the card? DC? TJ? Holloway? etc. They can move the needle themselves.

Hes trying to motivate those other fighters to change their bum personalities

I would do the exact same thing if I was in his position. Good for Conor for making the best deal possible for himself.

If Mcgregor gets 3-5 a buy his opponent

3-5???? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! That's the funniest thing I have heard all week. He definitely gets the lions share of the PPV $.

Source? I know the UFC is pulling back on the PPV points for fighters in exchange for higher purses, because fighters are getting too picky about what cards they are willing to fight on.

Since Conor negotiates on a fight for fight basis basically, it makes sense for him to want to want to be compensated based almost entirely on how many viewers he draws. He talked about it very briefly one time.
It's probably just simpler for his management to negotiate each fight if the numbers are as pure as possible, meaning its all about him. Yes there's the argument that everyone knows it's all about Conor anyway, but this leaves nothing to chance it's straight up empirical data that he can build upon with each fight and take with him into the negotiating room.
Nothing wrong with it.

Just like Woodley would prefer to always fight co-main beneath a true star, I can see a fighter always wanting to solo carry a card.

I too would like to see an actual source though.

McGregor doesn't lose money, if UFC gives percentage or dollars on the PPV to another guy. The UFC would be giving their share up. I don't see how this effects McGregor, unless someone else who knows better can smarten me up.

I mean 90 percent of buys will be because of him. He is already sharing a huge part with Khabib cause he gets ppv points. Its only fair that no other fighters get a huge part of the pie...this is capitalism where everybody gets paid according to their performance (financial not athletic) and not communism

So the UFC shouldn't put other fighters on the card who get PPV points. This is actually one move I actually agree with Conor on. His opponents though, they should get points.

I would do the exact same thing if I was in his position. Good for Conor for making the best deal possible for himself.

See I’m the opposite type of guy, I’d demand that every fighter on the card get ppv points, especially if I was already a multi millionaire.

Back