McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

so hes greedy?

You could look at it that way, but I can't hold it against him. It's not his job to look out for the other fighters. All he should care about in this sport is looking out for himself and that's exactly what he's doing.

He wouldn’t , but people VALUE HIM AGAINST Conor.

Put Al Laquinta in with Conor and it won’t have huge numbers either.

The dance partner matters in this case.

LOL. You could put Conor against my dead grandma and it would outsell anything Kabieeieb could ever do. Conor did major numbers against a late replacement Mendes.

Aldo/Mendes/Diaz/Eddie....... he makes them all rich and none of them sell without him. Diaz sells a tiny bit, but once he got a taste of Conor he refuses to fight anyone else. Don't be delusional. It is ALL CONOR. There is no dance partner.

Nobody went to a Michael Jackson concert to see the opening act. Nobody goes to a Rolling Stones concert for a guest star.

Conor v Raging Al would do over a million buys. Sorry you are so wrong. It must suck to be dumb.

it
lol @ this Bernie bro nonsense. Why are shitty fighters entitled to Conor's money? Communist trash.

If they want Conor money they should sell like Conor and not try to leach from him.
No one said to pay all Conor's money to all other fighters.
But it seems you lack the brains to proper understand a very simple concept.

I don't understand this whole PPV point thing. Does Conor demand his chums like Karolina Kowlakiewicz and Artem Lobov fight on the same PPV as him?

You could look at it that way, but I can't hold it against him. It's not his job to look out for the other fighters. All he should care about in this sport is looking out for himself and that's exactly what he's doing.
If it were greed, he'd want stacked cards.... unless he's retarded and doesn't understand how a percentage works.
It's Attention Whoring.

The ONLY benefit from being the only draw on a card is that you can clearly demonstrate your drawing ability..... but Conor's already done that, so....... yep, attention whore.

If it was the UFC behind the idea... yeah definitely chalk that up to greed.

Last edited:
This is the way things have always worked, champions receive a cut of the ppv revenue. Where most big names are happy to see fighters on the card benefiting , others opt to stamp them out entirely . Also I'm not a jackass who is gonna go vote in circus elections but good luck to you little one.

Ok, Captain Obvious. Now explain your bright idea to take more from the high earners to give to the newcomers. How would YOU like it if your boss took a cut of YOUR pay to give to the new guys? Or are you the new guy?

I'd bet it's probably the UFC not wanting to put anyone with PPV points on his cards because it would cost them a lot of money. There's no reason Conor would care because it wouldn't effect his pay.

In fact he would be better off if they put more guy with PPV points on his card because they are the bigger fighters and would result in more sales upping his purse due to PPV points.

Last edited:
I mean that's cool and all, and mathematically I get it. But it's a pretty big slight towards not just the fighters, but the fans who will have to deal with watered down conor mcgregor cards moving forward cause notable fighters won't have any incentive to agree to that date. It's under the "get yours while you can" category obviously, but dosen't make it any less greasy
I agree.
I'm baffled by how many people in this thread seem to think it's perfectly fine, or even celebrate it.
(Not that we can make a difference in the matter anyway, but I would assume most people would at least think it's a bit greedy)

I just wrote that cause there are some comments here which seem to assume that Conor's PPV % is already settled, and that this move is only made to ruin things for other fighters. Which I doubt.
But I agree it's a greasy move.

Get in, get rich, get out.

The other bums can fight for the higher scraps once he's left.

LOL. You could put Conor against my dead grandma and it would outsell anything Kabieeieb could ever do. Conor did major numbers against a late replacement Mendes.

Aldo/Mendes/Diaz/Eddie....... he makes them all rich and none of them sell without him. Diaz sells a tiny bit, but once he got a taste of Conor he refuses to fight anyone else. Don't be delusional. It is ALL CONOR. There is no dance partner.

Nobody went to a Michael Jackson concert to see the opening act. Nobody goes to a Rolling Stones concert for a guest star.

Conor v Raging Al would do over a million buys. Sorry you are so wrong. It must suck to be dumb.

No shit Conor is a draw over Khabib smart guy, but in this fight, Khabib is amplyfing the PPV, in other words if you put Al in with Conor, do you think it would get as many numbers as Khabib vs Conor?

And lastly, Conor got huge numbers prior to getting chocked by Nate and his circus boxing match. For Conor to maintain his mega numbers, you have to put him in there with other fighters who have some kind of following.

Can’t believe I even wasted time responding.

No shit Conor is a draw over Khabib smart guy, but in this fight, Khabib is amplyfing the PPV, in other words if you put Al in with Conor, do you think it would get as many numbers as Khabib vs Conor?

And lastly, Conor got huge numbers prior to getting chocked by Nate and his circus boxing match. For Conor to maintain his mega numbers, you have to put him in there with other fighters who have some kind of following.

Can’t believe I even wasted time responding.

Nobody knows who Khabeeb is. lmao, he doesn't have a PPV buying following you twit.

He can't sell PPVs on his own. No following.

I may be unclear in my statement
I dont think it's that giving a cut to another guy negatively effects McGregor
I think that being the solo-act on a card produces better data for future negotiations. To me, at least, it seems like a smart straightforward thing to prefer.
To be honest, I’d think it in the UFC’s interest too. Why would they pay points on massive buys to fighters who didn’t contribute?

They are better off stacking a card with a much less lucrative headliner and paying much less to the other champions in the process. The Conor card will sell big regardless of who else is on it.

McGregor has proven himself to be a trashy sellout. What is shocking about this
That people believe it on the basis of one article, when the source is Tyron Woodley saying: “this is just what I heard...”

Talk about people letting their biases dictate their determination of reality. Yikes.

Most of these fighters have talked shit about him at one time or the other and doubted him, so why the hell should he be inclined to give them money out of his own pocket? More or less, why should WE criticize him for it? Should Conor want to have Tyron on the card? DC? TJ? Holloway? etc. They can move the needle themselves.

I don't disagree with what you're saying except the " money out of his own pocket" part.

If another fighter has PPV points it doesn't affect him in anyway since he gets whatever number they negotiated regardless.

Honestly if he really wanted to stick it to the UFC he would insist on having other guys who get PPV points on the card and attempt to get so many buys paying out all those points actually ends up cutting into there profits in a significant way demonstrating his real value.

After that he could make any demand he wants and they would agree because they don't want to lose out on so much money.

Forgot he used to be on welfare. Forgot the opportunites he got from people willing to defend their belts. You cant teach humility.
You fucking communists are disgusting. I bet you arent shit in life. Beggar

Another reason people will pirate it. At this point people might as well if it is only benefiting the richest ones already.
I'd be far more likely to order a ppv if I knew more of the people on the card were getting points.
Lol

You realize more ppv buys for the non Conor cards will give fighters better leverage to increase their pay. But you keep justifying your stealing. Most fans who claim to care are like you anyway.

Back