McGregor is the most overrated striker

Hasn't ko'd anyone with anything but his left hand. Was outboxed by Diaz. Only fighter to be limping after using a familiar strategy against Nate of leg kicks. And then Khabib lands the most meaningful punch in the fight between the two of them. That's what you call a great striker?
giphy.gif

Conor McGregor's footwork and positioning is better than Anderson Silva's, who mostly relied on his reflexes.
He could, since he hit ppl with lefts, rights, knees, kicks, even with his shoulder lol. Conor is from an age where you train a lot against wrestlers, so your movement must be better to get in/out. Tough to compare them since what they needed to do to win was different. AS was a freak ko artist

Did he ever KO anyone with a kick, knee, elbow, etc?

A. Silva, W. Silva, Machida, and Lidell have.

<Moyes5>
Are you trying to say Kicks are only useful when they are used to finish your opponents ? Keeping your opponent at bay and inflicting damage in general with kicks are not the traits of good striker ?
If so then, you are dumber than I expected.

Last edited:
You can't take away what he has done. He gave the UFC a much needed
shot in the arm.

I’m not a Connor fan but he has damn good striker, you can’t take that away from the guy. He is also great at mental war games which is a big part of his arsenal.

Did he ever KO anyone with a kick, knee, elbow, etc?

A. Silva, W. Silva, Machida, and Lidell have.
People usually try to take down Moose for a reason. I'd argue he's better in overall striking. Conor is a great puncher. Thats it. His flashy kicks mean fuck all unless he's fighting a moron who refuses to check and doesnt have to the hand speed to counter... like Nate.

I’m not a Connor fan but he has damn good striker, you can’t take that away from the guy. He is also great at mental war games which is a big part of his arsenal.
Did these "mental war games" work on Khabib in the fight? No. Khabib did what he wanted all night. If you fight stupid thats more attributed to your fight IQ and not these mystical "mental mind fucks" people like to attribute.

Back