McGregor says he'd beat Mayweather in a rematch

The best part is there are still people who would put money on Conor to win in a rematch. Financial darwinism.

Conor arguably won the figth because it was an illegal stoppage and Conor had won 5 of the 8 rounds so far.

It's not just Conor, ANY high level competitor is going to have this same attitude. People here always go crazy about it when someone says "yeah I'd beat X in a rematch" or "sure I can beat Y." Because they've never been that good at anything, and can't understand the mentality it takes to be at the top.

At some point humility has to kick in. That is not self confidence. It's fucking delusion. Then again Sherdoggers exist on bullshit philosophies and catchphrases.

Conor was completely out boxing Floyd in the beginning.

Floyd fought the way he did because he HAD TO.

plus got a gift from the ref for that "low blow".

Conor didn't even try any sort of trickery, it was pointless to keep his sbg training going if he was not going to try and confuse mayweather.

If Conor had a full freddie roach camp he'd stomp mayweather.

Rematch is necessary.

<JagsKiddingMe>{<doc}

{<jordan}

So the guy who wouldn't give Aldo, a guy that hadn't lost in 9 years and had 9 UFC/WEC title defenses, a rematch but wanted a Diaz rematch and now wants a rematch as an 0-1 boxer against a 50-0 boxer?

<seedat>

Last edited:
Today we all know what happened in this fight...if you ain't wearing Conor's pink glasses...

In 5 years he might say he never even lost a round against Floyd and drunk idiots will agree...

In 10 years he will still say he would beat him in a rematch...

In 20 years he will tell his son that he beat Floyd in a rematch...in a dark match at the SBG...

It's not just Conor, ANY high level competitor is going to have this same attitude. People here always go crazy about it when someone says "yeah I'd beat X in a rematch" or "sure I can beat Y." Because they've never been that good at anything, and can't understand the mentality it takes to be at the top.

I hear people on the Internet who haven't done shit spout this kind of nonsense all the time. It's simply not true. People at the top of their craft are diverse and display all kinds of attitudes, from self-abasing humility to cocksure confidence. Some of the world's most celebrated painters and writers expressed grave doubts about their own work.

In fact, it's possible for people at the top to be too humble. The psychological phenomenon of geniuses considering themselves to be "frauds" has been widely studied. There are numerous composers who initially considered their own masterpieces unfit for listening. Napoleon famously claimed that he had little talent, and that his successes were due to luck.

I've seen fighters at the top and at the bottom approach their fights in various ways. Some of them are quiet, others brag loudly. There are those that display uncertainty and apprehension, but still get in the ring and perform; there are carefree fighters who don't make predictions and simply want a good fight. People need to stop marking out, because so much of a fighter's bravado is marketing nowadays. They say things they don't mean because they've been told that's the way to market fights. Acting like one of the more obnoxious fighters is NOT a prerequisite to becoming champion-level, and it definitely isn't a prerequisite for success in general.

I hear people on the Internet who haven't done shit spout this kind of nonsense all the time. It's simply not true. People at the top of their craft are diverse and display all kinds of attitudes, from self-abasing humility to cocksure confidence. Some of the world's most celebrated painters and writers expressed grave doubts about their own work..
LMAO you're actually comparing writers and painters to athletes <36><36><36><36><36><36><36>

So McGregor already spent his $100M and needs a rematch?

LMAO you're actually comparing writers and painters to athletes

Because they've never been that good at anything, and can't understand the mentality it takes to be at the top.

Are you saying that painting isn't a part of "anything"? You were the one making a wild generalization. What about fighting in war, like Napoleon? In any case, the comparison is valid because like I said, fighters go through the same thing and the same psychology has been observed. It's not a fighting thing, or a painting thing, or a war thing, or a science thing. It's just the nature of humanity - they don't all approach challenges the same way, but there are multiple ways to get through a challenge. Fighters in the UFC are much more likely to act out because their bosses tell them to, though.

Are you saying that painting isn't a part of "anything"? You were the one making a wild generalization. What about fighting in war, like Napoleon? In any case, the comparison is valid because like I said, fighters go through the same thing and the same psychology has been observed. It's not a fighting thing, or a painting thing, or a war thing, or a science thing. It's just the nature of humanity - they don't all approach challenges the same way, but there are multiple ways to get through a challenge. Fighters in the UFC are much more likely to act out because their bosses tell them to, though.
>comparing artists with athletes
>LMFAO

he would not ever beat Floyd. Not in 10 fight after fights once a year. a 50yr Floyd would beat the shit out of a 38 yr Conor.

have you seen Floyds workout? that's insane. in this age. he took so little damage he is a healthy man.

Conor will be choking to death in coke vomit at 38.

He should just challenge Canelo or GGG to a boxing match and then perpetually shut up

Back