Media Mcgregor supporters claim he will retire cerrone

To be honest thats exacly what would be best for him talk to dana, get some big cash $$$ trash out on mcgregor for 1 round then just get caught and throw the fight to ride into the sunset with pilles of cash. I mean longtern thats the thing to so he doesnz have some oligarch paying for his bills.
so from now on if conor wins a fight it was his opponent taking a dive?

Nobody will have an effect on mcgregor's trash talking anymore. After the way he was dominated

Lmao. Guarantee if he and Cowboy meet Cowboy will be triggered to no end. He's an emotional guy.

Lmao. Guarantee if he and Cowboy meet Cowboy will be triggered to no end. He's an emotional guy.

Obviously, his fight vs Perry absolutely pales in comparison to the pressure of a fight vs Conor, but...

Cowboy did just fight the guy who got him kicked out of his gym, who was coincidentally cornered by the guy Cowboy hated the most at the gym, and listened to 3 months of his former training partners call him a fraud and Perry going nuts in the interviews and face offs.

And Cowboy tapped him in the 1st. I think old Cowboy might have wilted a little bit to that pressure. It's possible that 35 year old, new father Cowboy has turned a new leaf on his pre-fight anxiety.

Purely speculation on my end, but it's possible.

Cerrone will finish him before the final bell if this match gets made.

Negative. He only beat Glass Jaw Eddie. Nate, Nate, Floyd, Khabib all made him look dumb.
He lost to Nate at 170 lb, Conor saved that card by moving up another weight class...And yes he lost to Floyd in a boxing match, and lasted longer than any other mma fighter would have. And walked away with 100 million...And he lost to khabib, no excuses there, but Conor didnt look right.
So really his only loss out of those was to Khabib. Moving to WW to save a card, and fighting Mayweather in a boxing ring dont mean jack as far as losses go...

Cowboy would make the most money he’s ever made for a fight, so yeah, I guess Conor will retire him, in a sense.

This could be a very interesting fight. Do remember that McGregor is just 2 - 2 at 155 (split with Nate, KO'd Alvarez, subbed by Khabib). Conor's best work was at 145 although be did mess up Alvarez real good. I think if Cerrone treats this as a real fight where he fights standing AND on the ground, then he can win this fight. If he keeps it standing, he plays into Conor's strength rather than his weakness and probably loses. Cerrone is the taller and bigger fighter as well. Conor likes to use his reach, but Cerrone is long and uses kicks which is a form of distance control. Conor won't be threatening TD's when Cerrone kicks. If I'm Cerrone, I would kick the lead leg early and then fake low and go high. Cerrone should also look to win rounds one and two rather than brawl as Conor will no doubt be the one more gassed in R3 and beyond.

He lost to Nate at 170 lb, Conor saved that card by moving up another weight class...And yes he lost to Floyd in a boxing match, and lasted longer than any other mma fighter would have. And walked away with 100 million...And he lost to khabib, no excuses there, but Conor didnt look right.
So really his only loss out of those was to Khabib. Moving to WW to save a card, and fighting Mayweather in a boxing ring dont mean jack as far as losses go...
Nate and McGregor was a 155 division fight at catchweight. Neither of those guys are RANKED at 170. They simply didn't have to cut weight or cut very little weight for their fights.

I want to bet against every Connor fanboy on here if this fight happens.

I think cowboy is the favorite , but I think taking a conor nut huggers cash is just priceless.

Cowboy doesn't need money. I doubt there are 10 fighters in the company's history that have made more and adding it to it, he was born rich and has a pretty massive trust fund that he apparently hasn't even gotten into yet. Obviously, making more money is always nice, but unlike 99% of the roster, he doesn't NEED a Conor to solidify himself financially. He's already got it.

Yep. Cowboy definitely let Till, a guy with minor hype at the time, smash his nose into his brain for the good of the UFC.
had no idea Cowboy had it like that. I'm sure he'd like a couple mil to fight Conor. Hell, he'd probably fight for less. He likes to fight.
Fighting Conor would look good on his resume, especially now, while Conor can still win some fights. This fight intrigues me a little, but hopefully after December, we'll know if this actually materializes.

can you call me an expert too? i think i deserve it...

Cowboy should win this fight; he’s a bad matchup for McGregor.

Well he better win this one.

The only reason this fight even makes sense is to get Conor back on track. And this should be easy for him as long as the fight stays standing.

Cerrone usually does not chase for the TD and likes to stand and trade. His defense is not the best and he tends to crumble under pressure. And he is not as durable as Nate or Ferg except for maybe his cardio.

Cerrone has ways to win of course. And it will likely be exciting. But it is a much lower profile fight than you would expect for Conor to be next. It would be coming out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Conor is a powerful point fighter, that's basically it.

He's only ever gone to 2 decisions in his professional career. 18 of his 21 wins are by KO/TKO.

"Point fighter". Wtf is wrong with people?

<{cruzshake}>

Cerrone will never quit. It ain't about the money for him. Dude lives to throw hands.
I think he and Conor share something in common. They like to fight, but they don’t like to get beat up.

Back