Mcgregor vs Ferguson: KO power not a factor

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Everyone always makes a big deal about McGregors Power but the fact is he only has one one shot knock out and is UFC career.

It’s true Tony has a history of getting hurt in his fights but he usually recovers and his heart is next to none the best in UFC.

Connor relies on multiple shots to finish his opponent usually counter striking against aggressive fighters with shorter reach. Unless Tony is extremely unlucky I don’t see him losing this fight I see him weathering Connors aggression for the first round maybe two and then Connor will Fade and Tony will probably submit him

Conor "KO" power only works against manlets or meh fighters like Dustin.

i agree. if they fight. big if. hope they do.

Conor also won't have a reach advantage. this is not to be dismissed.

he does hit hard. i just don't think he'll put Ferguson away the same way he beats most people; by dictating range and then landing the accurate power shots.

Conor "KO" power only works against manlets or meh fighters like Dustin.

I disagree. I just don’t think he has power necessarily. I think he has crisp accurate Striking and is very good at finding holes in his opponents stand up

1 "one punch KO int he UFC". Mostly nobody has 1 punch KOs. You hurt them, then follow up with strikes on the ground. It's normal. He has over a 90% KO/TKO ratio. Stop arguing over words. With that said I don't think Conor KOs him. I think he's UD him with counters throughout the fight while sticking and moving

Yep.

The way I see this fight playing out is Conor will come out really strong, probably floor El Cucuy with that left, maybe even a couple of times. He will hurt Tony and have him in some trouble early.

BUT - Just like with Nate, he's not going to follow him to the ground, and risk getting subbed.

Tony then recovers, and starts to wear McG out against the fence and with the grappling (snap-downs, threats of D'arces, etc).

By the end of round two, Conor is already gassing.

Round 3, he is taken down, GnPed on for a bit, then subbed.

1 "one punch KO int he UFC". Mostly nobody has 1 punch KOs. You hurt them, then follow up with strikes on the ground. It's normal. He has over a 90% KO/TKO ratio. Stop arguing over words.

also true.

1 "one punch KO int he UFC". Mostly nobody has 1 punch KOs. You hurt them, then follow up with strikes on the ground. It's normal. He has over a 90% KO/TKO ratio. Stop arguing over words. With that said I don't think Conor KOs him. I think he's UD him with counters throughout the fight while sticking and moving

Of all the possible outcomes I think Connor winning a unanimous decision is the least likely. Him having to go five rounds with Tony Ferguson and surviving all five rounds is going to be extremely hard. For his sake I hope he doesn’t try to win a decision and just go for broke

Also the issue with the word one punch Power matters because some fighters have legit one punch capability of either knock you out cold or hurting you so bad you can’t defend. Connor does not fall into either one of these categories in my Opinion

Conor soundly outstruck Max Holloway, who has improved greatly, but even at the time of their fight Max had better striking than Tony. Cucuy is just one of those awkward moving mind fuck fighters, like Rothwell

Of all the possible outcomes I think Connor winning a unanimous decision is the least likely. Him having to go five rounds with Tony Ferguson and surviving all five rounds is going to be extremely hard. For his sake I hope he doesn’t try to win a decision and just go for broke
I think conors gonna a surprise alot of people and win a UD.

Conor fans are banking on a first or second round knock out, this is of course impossible but Tony has more tools and this fight is not nearly as simple as they're making it out to be.

LOL at Conor winning an UD against a cardio machine.

I think conors gonna a surprise alot of people and win a UD.

I doubt this fight ever happens to be honest. Connor hasn’t shown any interest in defending his titles And shown very little interest in returning to mma period

It's very true, Conor punches people and then swarms on them, to finish.

Didn't want to do it with Nate though, sure as hell will be worried about it against Ferguson too.

He did finish Eddie without getting close though, so it's possible.

Already did it twice.
Max wasn't the fighter then he is right now.Plus Conor spent his time on the ground mostly in that fight.Not to mention it was a 3 rounder.

Nate was gassed in that fight too because he hurt his knee and ribs to leave him unable to spar ahead of his second fight with Conor.Tony went 5 rounds non-stop against RDA in mexico city while Conor can't even last 2 rounds in Vegas.

Conor will hit the button as many times as he needs to... & Ferg will go down. The only way he makes it out of this fight, is if his ability to take damage is even greater than we think. We've seen him last through storms.. but Conor is going to tag him over & over right on the button so many times. I don't think Ferg is going to make it.

Back